Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:45:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Euro 2016 #3: No Quarter For Shay Given

Started by Eis Nein, June 28, 2016, 03:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colacentral

I swear I put a fiver on Portugal to win when extra time started at odds of about 2.36, just because I've got used to the shitheads winning ever since the 2010 general election. I just checked "my bets" and it's not even showing on there - cunts. What a terrible night.

Squink

A bizarre tournament. The moths are probably a metaphor for it all, but I can't be arsed to work out how or why. And now the distinctly undistinct Paul Pogba gets sold for 100 million to a club that already let him go.

massive bereavement

At least Wales can say they lost out to the winners, though they were the only nation in the whole tournament to have lost to Portugal in 90 minutes. Once Ronaldo left the field I found myself supporting them, the winning goal was a good one and the moths, Iceland, Wales, Joachim Low's sniffing antics, the steward knocked over by the firework, Ronaldo's rages and tears and Conte trying to climb the dugout to celebrate were all memorable moments. Above all, the whole thing managed to pass without a terrorist attack, so in that sense it was relatively successful. 18 teams qualifying from 24 in a group stage is a joke though, it was a bad idea in 1986 and 1990 and it still doesn't work today.

BlodwynPig

A miserable morning.

However, this reminded me of something

I've...seen things you people would not believe, attack blips by Kieron Dyer off the shoulder of Vierinha, I watched my dreams glitter in the dark near to Ashton Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...Ukraine. Time to dive.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Norton Canes

I didn't watch the final cause I'm still sulking about Germany getting knocked out, but it seemed like the ideal outcome - dull game, France beaten, Ronaldo absent for most of it but still managing to make an arse of himself.

What is it with Real Madrid strikers and their ability to summon insect familiars?

im barry bethel

Quote from: Trojan_Jockey on July 10, 2016, 09:15:36 PM
Credit to the stewards for bringing him down (after letting him run straight past them why they were busy watching the match).

Does anyone know if he was "tackle out"?

I think my use of the term streaker may have been a little optimistic

(very safe for work)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uyBPkjN8iPk

Depressed Beyond Tables

French 'champions' bus spotted before the final yesterday. Driver is missing, feared dead.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on July 11, 2016, 03:39:46 PM
French 'champions' bus spotted before the final yesterday. Driver is missing, feared dead.

Bloody twats. Once Shearer threw his lot in with the French I knew it was game over for the droopy faced bleus. Fuck sake, where was the passion, the desire, the skill? Its not supposed to be 2002 all over again.

Van Dammage

mothman

That moment of the presentation? You'd have thought the player who won the game for them might be in there somewhere. But nope, instead a nice picture reassuring the Portuguese that all their players were definitely white. If you ignore the pair of arms flailing over Ronaldo's shoulder.

chand

im barry bethel

Quote from: Van Dammage on July 11, 2016, 04:22:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1q6sYFBUj4

Love how Nani still calles Fergie "Boss".

Fergie waiting to pounce like some old flame fanboy at the stage door, Ronaldo hanging back as long as possible trying to avoid him