Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:34:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Euro 2016 #3: No Quarter For Shay Given

Started by Eis Nein, June 28, 2016, 03:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprocket

Gazing into my Crystal Palace ball:

• A very public and very unsuccessful pursuit of Pochettino.
  • The subsequent coronation of Pardew scuppered by tabloid revelations.
  • Eddie Howe and Samuele Allardici flirt with the job before signing new contracts with their clubs.
  • It comes down to a choice between Roberto Martinez and Andre Villas-Boas.
  • The dream team of Peter Reid and Lawrie Sanchez are unveiled.

Mr Banlon

imitationleather

Quote from: sprocket on June 28, 2016, 03:03:22 PM
Gazing into my Crystal Palace ball:

• A very public and very unsuccessful pursuit of Pochettino.
  • The subsequent coronation of Pardew scuppered by tabloid revelations.
  • Eddie Howe and Samuele Allardici flirt with the job before signing new contracts with their clubs.
  • It comes down to a choice between Roberto Martinez and Andre Villas-Boas.
  • The dream team of Peter Reid and Lawrie Sanchez are unveiled.

There is no fucking way the FA would even dream a manager the calibre of Poch would agree to take on England. They may be stupid but they're not mad. Yer first point's shite, mate!

Oops! Wrong Planet

chand

Quote from: Blinder Data on June 28, 2016, 10:31:21 AM
I FUCKING SAID England would reach the semis if they didn't play Rooney. That was a cast iron guarantee. Stoopid Woy. Rodgers must be kicking himself for taking the Celtic job now.

Germany-Belgium final then? Italy are such a unit though. And if Wales get past Belgium, they could go all the way...

Belgium were shite in the groups, they were lucky that Ireland and Sweden were even worse. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Wales beat them.

Utter Shit

Quote from: thehungerartist on June 28, 2016, 02:23:40 PM

Your hero Hodgson.

English CUNTS

In fairness to Hodgson, Roberto Carlos was a pretty ropey defender who played for a club and country which allowed their full backs to play with little defensive responsibility, and that's why he excelled. I was too young to see much of him at Inter, but in a presumably more conservative Italian defensive setup I can imagine him being a bomb scare.

Quote from: Utter Shit on June 28, 2016, 03:56:57 PM
In fairness to Hodgson, Roberto Carlos was a pretty ropey defender who played for a club and country which allowed their full backs to play with little defensive responsibility, and that's why he excelled. I was too young to see much of him at Inter, but in a presumably more conservative Italian defensive setup I can imagine him being a bomb scare.

True, he was no Danny Rose.

*snigger*

Squink

It is amusing to read back on the ridiculous hype bestowed on England players. Rio Ferdinand called Kyle Walker one of the best right backs in the world. Paul Merson, not to be outdone, said Walker was the best player in the tournament so far, bar none, after the Wales game. We are a fucking laughing stock. I can imagine the likes of Pablo Zabaleta reading this stuff and just crying with laughter.

Rio Ferdinand, of course, who was appointed three years ago to an FA commission 'set up to improve the national team's fortunes'.

Also on the panel, Glenn Hoddle. Good work lads.

But it's the old boys club, isn't it? See last night when every shit pundit came out after the game all guns against the team and manager. Where the fuck have those opinions of yours been for the last six weeks?

phantom_power

Quote from: Squink on June 28, 2016, 06:17:45 PM
It is amusing to read back on the ridiculous hype bestowed on England players. Rio Ferdinand called Kyle Walker one of the best right backs in the world. Paul Merson, not to be outdone, said Walker was the best player in the tournament so far, bar none, after the Wales game. We are a fucking laughing stock. I can imagine the likes of Pablo Zabaleta reading this stuff and just crying with laughter.

Idiots say idiotic things shocker!

thraxx

Alan Shearer has just been on Radio 5 putting his name forward for the job, and revealing that he put his name in last time too. 

If he doesn't get the job, then Gareth Southgate should, says Alan.

Gareth Southgate.

Alan is disgusted that no-one has ever asked him what it's like to take a penalty at a World Cup.  Or what it's like to play in extra time.  Or what it's like to have kids in Newcastle follow you round.  ONLY ALAN KNOWS WHAT THIS FEELS LIKE.  He learnt it off of Kenny Dalglish.

He also said that England were shit.

1/4 isn't bad, Alan.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

I've come to the conclusion that he big problem is that England's players are just really thick.

Highlighted by the fact that the most intelligent and erudite recent players that they can get to be pundits are Peter fucking Crouch and Rio 'Dur Dur Dur' Ferdinand.

Beagle 2

Getting behind Wales now. I like Wales and Welsh people, and it would be amazing to see them go further. I think it would be a bitter Englishman who didn't. What's that Sooty? You wish a slow death upon all who do not drape their souls in the flag of St. George and dawb the sacred cross upon your yellow brow with the blood of your enemies? Ah, fair fucks.

doppelkorn

I reckon Sooty voted in. "The EU's not perfect, but I think it's better to reform from within," said the ursine puppet-mage.

Sweep didn't understand the issues, and isn't registered anyway since he moved out of the shop.

doppelkorn

Sorry I just realised this wasn't a politics thread. Too many tabs open.

However, my posts stands!

massive bereavement

Now that the dust has settled I think we can say that the last 16 was pretty good overall. Portugal v Croatia was the only real disappointment, France v Rep of Ireland and Italy v Spain were excellent whilst Iceland v England, although not the result most people wanted, was a night nobody will ever forget and coming on the back of the brexit, that was historic in a much wider context than just football itself, probably the most significant England match I've witnessed since the incredible game against Argentina in 1998.

In order of preference that I'd now like to see win it, my top four would be.....
1. Iceland
2. Wales
3. Italy
4. Germany

Not bothered about Poland or Belgium.
Don't want to see either France or Portugal win it but I guess there's a good chance those two will meet in the final.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Eight Taiwanese Teenagers on June 29, 2016, 08:40:16 AM
I've come to the conclusion that he big problem is that England's players are just really thick.

Highlighted by the fact that the most intelligent and erudite recent players that they can get to be pundits are Peter fucking Crouch and Rio 'Dur Dur Dur' Ferdinand.

Le Saux and Reid for the management? Best of both worlds

BlodwynPig

I'm fearing another Germany or Italy heartbreak if France squeeze past Iceland. If Iceland get through, they'll hold either team until extra time, when an inevitable cunt will do an injustice on the pitch.

DrGreggles

Quote from: massive bereavement on June 29, 2016, 10:55:58 AM
Now that the dust has settled I think we can say that the last 16 was pretty good overall. Portugal v Croatia was the only real disappointment, France v Rep of Ireland and Italy v Spain were excellent whilst Iceland v England, although not the result most people wanted, was a night nobody will ever forget and coming on the back of the brexit, that was historic in a much wider context than just football itself, probably the most significant England match I've witnessed since the incredible game against Argentina in 1998.

In order of preference that I'd now like to see win it, my top four would be.....
1. Iceland
2. Wales
3. Italy
4. Germany

Not bothered about Poland or Belgium.
Don't want to see either France or Portugal win it but I guess there's a good chance those two will meet in the final.

Italy please!

There's an Italian lass I'll get to shag if that happens.

daf

Quote from: Peter P. Parrot on June 28, 2016, 06:39:47 PM
Rio Ferdinand, of course, who was appointed (. . .) 'to improve the national team's fortunes'.

Well they are all millionaires, so job done!

imitationleather

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 29, 2016, 11:17:08 AM
Italy please!

There's an Italian lass I'll get to shag if that happens.

How did this arrangement come about?

I want Iceland or Italy to win it. Or Belgium I guess. Anyone else would just be same old and yawn. Except for Wales, that'd be unexpected. But those Brexit cunts can go lose 8:0 in the QFs.

imitationleather

David Squires' relentless run of comic perfection continues:

DrGreggles

Oops! Wrong Planet

Quote from: imitationleather on June 29, 2016, 05:25:31 PMExcept for Wales, that'd be unexpected. But those Brexit cunts can go lose 8:0 in the QFs.

Look you, boyo. The Leave percentage in Wales was actually less than it was in England.  Factor in our lack of intelligence compared to the English, the slag heap gloom making it hard to pick out any details on the ballot papers, constant off-putting racket from male voice choirs etc and you've got to get behind us hi-de-hi campers if I ruled the world it's not unusual Belgium 3 Wales 1 isn't it

imitationleather

Quote from: Oops! Wrong Planet on June 29, 2016, 11:16:33 PM
Look you, boyo. The Leave percentage in Wales was actually less than it was in England.  Factor in our lack of intelligence compared to the English, the slag heap gloom making it hard to pick out any details on the ballot papers, constant off-putting racket from male voice choirs etc and you've got to get behind us hi-de-hi campers if I ruled the world it's not unusual Belgium 3 Wales 1 isn't it

As a Londoner and (soon to be) Geordie, all I say is, "You lads all voted Brexit. Get the fuck out off my cocktail party!"

Beagle 2

Sky journo saying Dave Brailsford has been approached about the England job

Beagle 2

So it's just anybody English who's been successful at anything then

Jonathan Wilkes

The Hairy Bikers

Rose West

Alan Shearer