Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:50:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wetlands (2013)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, July 07, 2016, 10:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Thought I'd give this it's own thread as I really really liked it a lot and think it deserves more than being lost in one of big film threads. It's the enchanting tale of a girl who likes having a dirty vagina, rubbing it on skanky public toilets and sticking all manner of stuff up there, who ends up in hospital after cutting her arse open whilst shaving. 9/10.

Okay, fine then, in a bit more detail, it's based on a partly autobiographical book by Charlotte Roche, and is more about exploring the life of someone with fairly odd and now divorced parents, the effect they had on her as a child, and how despite this she wishes they would get back together. Along with a fair amount of sex and romance and life in general. The trailer makes it seem like a crazy and edgy comedy, but it's quite a tender film in places despite the more outlandish sexual scenes, and it's visually alluring and also sweetly funny occasionally as well. Plus there's one bit where a woman tries to shit on her boyfriend's belly, and another where four men jizz on a pizza, because why not, eh?

So has anyone else seen it? And if so, did you also get turned on by the scene where
Spoiler alert
a plant emerges from her
[close]
vagina?

Noodle Lizard

Yeah, a friend and I made the trailer a reference of mockery for a good month way back when.  Never saw the film itself, though.  Better than the trailer, you say?  Well alright, maybe I will.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on July 07, 2016, 10:12:54 AM
Yeah, a friend and I made the trailer a reference of mockery for a good month way back when.  Never saw the film itself, though.  Better than the trailer, you say?  Well alright, maybe I will.

It really is, the trailer doesn't sell the film all that accurately imho, and there's a lot more going on than dirty weird sex and stuff like that.

Wet Blanket

I didn't know they'd made a film of this. I remember the book being a great cause du scandale, and getting loads of coverage. But it's pretty much disappeared from the public consciousness

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 07, 2016, 10:14:21 AM
It really is, the trailer doesn't sell the film accurately all imho, and there's a lot more going on than dirty weird sex and stuff like that.

Our joke was that it looked like Germans trying to do an American Pie-style sex comedy farce and failing horribly, which was great because as we all know Germans are manifestly incapable of being funny.

zomgmouse

I remember seeing this at the film festival a couple of years ago, I thought it had some really nice and sweet moments amidst the quite hilarious gross-out comedy but I felt that the dramatic
Spoiler alert
reaction-to-parents'-divorce and wanting a loving relationship
[close]
angle was a bit too forced.