Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:01:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Battlefield 1

Started by Beagle 2, July 07, 2016, 03:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is it me or are the starter guns the best of the lot? I'm only up to level 3 on most classes but the stats on all the new unlocked guns are worse than the ones you start with

Quote from: StewartLeehaslethimselfgo on October 24, 2016, 06:20:27 PM
Is it me or are the starter guns the best of the lot? I'm only up to level 3 on most classes but the stats on all the new unlocked guns are worse than the ones you start with

Not on the medic class. The first one you get is dogshit.

Pit-Pat

Definitely with the Assault class. The other submachine gun is borderline unusable at anything other than immediate close range.

Pit-Pat

Help all - I'm sorely, sorely tempted to buy Titanfall 2 as the reviews have been so spectacular, but I'm barely playing Battlefield as much as I'd like. What do I do?!

Barry Admin

Mate, buy it. Battlefield is stunning, but yeah, ultimately it's still Battlefield. Run here, capture this point etc. Needs more content. TF2 has a campaign that's really surprising me in its inventiveness, and absolutely epic multiplayer.

billyandthecloneasaurus

God I'm so fucking bollocks at this game.  I've been playing the fucking thing since BF2 on the PC, and I'm still atrocious.

Beagle 2

Play with me bill, I'm pretty terrible. I think my complete lack of a sense of direction doesn't help. People were shouting "ON YOUR LEFT!" and stuff last night, and I was thinking "Whose left? Now, is that my left or left as you look at that big tank..." *tank blows me up*

I haven't actually played BF with a mic since BF3, and even then it was only one mate I used to play with, so I really enjoyed those games last night Pit-Pat, sorry if I was a bit quiet but i'm used to doing my own thing I guess. Obviously it does add a whole new element.

I am enjoying the old war pigeon mode for a quick blast.

On a seperate note I got £150 rinsed off my credit card yesterday by some cunt who hacked my account via an old Vita I lost years ago and bought a load of terrible games, despite changing my password and bank details many times since then. Sony refusing to refund me, they've been really shit about it, and it seems this is standard. 

Pit-Pat

Not to worry Beagle - I really enjoyed it too! I've come to just ignore people shouting directions unless I know we're all facing the same way anyway. It's good playing as a squad though - being able to group together to take and hold objectives and keep each other alive definitely contributed to our winning that game in the forest, even if our first effort was in a truly horrid game on Empire's Edge.

Also, thanks very much - you must've revived me at least a dozen times over the course of two games!

Come and join us bill - it's always more fun if you have a reasonably regular group I think, and my brother's about to get a copy as well.

Meanwhile my poor yet-to-be-played Titanfall 2 is going to gather a bit of dust.

ASFTSN

My brother got annoyed with me when he showed me the trailer for this and I pointed out I thought the WW1 tanks were moving waaay to fast.  They should be topping out at about 2-3 mph on rough ground shouldn't they?

Still, looks quite fun though.

Zetetic

Quote from: Beagle 2 on November 02, 2016, 09:01:14 AM
On a seperate note I got £150 rinsed off my credit card yesterday... Sony refusing to refund me, they've been really shit about it, and it seems this is standard.
What about your bank/card provider?

Beagle 2

Yep, they say they're going to go after Sony for the money but I'm not too hopeful to be honest.

Space ghost

Oh man. They'll likely say you should've deleted your profile before selling the vita. Unfortunately from their perspective you gave away your account with the payment details still attached.

Beagle 2

It got nicked, I changed the password. I don't know what else I was supposed to do - I guess delete it from my profile or something, but the PSN website is such death that I never log in.

Pit-Pat

That's ridiculous - I can't see how Sony would have a leg to stand on there. If a device gets stolen it has to be possible to trust that changing your password is enough to prevent you from being defrauded.

Space ghost

that's really rubbish of sony then, you've done everything possible to secure your account. i'd say the bank is your best chance of recouping your dough, their fraud dept mustve come up against this situation before.

Lemming

Got to be one of the worst marketing attempts in living memory.

Beagle 2

That is fucking shit. Makes me think of madhair's strip.

edit: reproduced without permission

Pit-Pat

I agree it's tasteless, but is it any more tasteless than Quentin Tarantino's "This is how it should've been except in real life the Jews weren't badass enough" Inglourious Basterds?

Beagle 2

I don't think the game's tasteless at all, I think it's all presented and pitched very well.

"When you're just too hot for the club" is fucking shit though!

Reading the Eurogamer guide today, I think I'm just going to concentrate on going medic and learning the maps until I've nailed one sort of strategy.

Pit-Pat

Sorry, I meant the marketing campaign was tasteless. I don't think the game is, particularly.

TrenterPercenter

Caved in and bought thi, I have to say I am very impressed it is very beautiful to look at indeed.

TrenterPercenter

I'm also completely shit at it

ASFTSN

I'm balls at this, but it seems great fun online so far.  My first EVER console FPS...so predictably I am really shite.  Slowly learning a few things though.  Realised 30secs in I need to not treat this as an accurate WW1 game in any way and just embrace the chaos.

UnpleasantChitin if anyone wants to squad up some time.

Blue Jam

FUCK YEAH:

https://majornelson.com/2018/10/30/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-november-2018/

A bit tasteless as a WWI centenary thing? Or just a plug for Battlefield V? Still, it beats Lego Assassin's Creed Raider 7 or whatever

lazarou

That's a nice surpise, had this on ps4 but was hmming over buying it again after switching to xbox a while back. That'll do nicely.

They were giving away most of the DLC for free recently, hopefully that's still a thing as it would make for a nice little bundle.

Edit: Premium pass is currently free for 1 more day, best grab it in case they take it off again.

biggytitbo

My review of Battlefield 1 - alright.

lazarou

Yeah, it's a mixed bag. I remember quite a few parts of the campaign annoying the tits off me at the time, but looking back it's surprising how much of it sticks in the memory compared to most modern shooters. That opening for sure, but also stuff like the fate of the Black Bess and even the faces of the crew. I played thru CoD WW2 only a few months ago and couldn't tell you shit about it, but there's something more memorable about the stories in BF1. I suppose the variety doesn't hurt either. The gameplay does tend to boil down to 'go to point A and clear it out, then repeat' though.

The multiplayer I quite enjoyed but could never really get fully into as I was so fucking bad at it. That probably hasn't gotten any better now the servers are full of veteran players. The free month should bring an influx of new blood at least.

I'd say it's definitely worth a go, especially if you've got Gold anyway.

Absolutely incredible sound design. On headphones, it's astonishing. The crack and echo of a rifle shot in a tunnel. The movement and positioning of bullets fizzing past your ears.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Yeah, DICE sound design is usually on point.

Lemming

Really enjoyed the multiplayer for this, especially on the 200% damage servers. Never played the campaign - except, I think, for the one where you're playing as the Bedouin agent, because the stealth-ish segments seemed interesting.

The introduction of that map that's basically just a big bunker where everyone gets clusterfucked, Fort De Vaux I think, is one of the best maps in a multiplayer game since de_dust.