Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:17:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Dead Redemption now backwards compatible on XBONE!

Started by Barry Admin, July 08, 2016, 06:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Oh boy!  I think I'll have to dig it out, I really fancy getting back into the multiplayer now there will be a big surge of people playing again. 

It was some of the most fun, atmospheric fun I've ever had online, I reckon.  I remember teaming up with these guys onetime, and our whole posse agreed that we would not use quick travel, at all, ever.  We didn't want to lose any of the atmosphere, you know?  Just trundling around in wagons, shooting birds out of the sky, chatting away.  It was glorious.

Twed

Do you know if I have to buy it on the Xbox store, or if I can get a cheap 360 version on eBay and use the disc to activate it?

TTT

The disc version works as well, when you put it in it just downloads the full patched version.

It is however on sale on the xbox store at the minute, a load of the multiplayer DLC packs are currently free as well.

Barry Admin

Yeah, get whatever's cheapest/handiest, Twed, you'll not have a problem.  Not sure how it plays yet, in amongst all the fucking "1st" comments on Xbox, I see a few people saying it's taking forever to load, and that multiplayer might actually be a bit screwed.  I'm sure it'll be quickly fixed if that's the case.  I still have my 360 to play it on if needs be anyway, for the meantime.

Thanks for the tip about the DLC, TTT, nice to see you mate.

TTT

I had a quick blast of single player earlier with my 360 save and it was really slow and laggy at first, after a couple of minutes it just settled down though and was completely smooth and actually seemed to run better than on the 360.

kittens

replayed this last year. really think it's my favourite videogame ever. atmosphere of the bastard is incredible. never played the online really, and bounced right off undead nightmare. love the actual game though. rumours about a new one soon isn't there? it'll be so wicked i can't wait

Barry Admin

Don't forget to pick up that DLC, while it's free, even if you don't have the game yet.

mobias

Its definitely my favourite recent Rockstar game, superior to GTAV I think. I'm holding out for a PS4 version. From what I can gather something was is the pipeline for an enhanced version for the PS4 and PC but things seem to have gone quiet. It was possibly all canned for various reasons, the original code was a mess apparently. Either that or they're going to release it in the run up the next Red Dead game coming out.