Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:51:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boxing Thread

Started by Konki, July 08, 2016, 09:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

druss

Yeah got a feeling Wilder is going to knock him out early.

Bazooka

Could go either way, as long as Fury jabs well with those orangutan arms. Wilder will truck hit if he gets close.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

They're both elite fighters. An early knockout is almost certainly out of the question. The first couple of rounds they'll be feeling each other out.

My main concern: I get why Fury has changed to Emanuel Stewart's nephew in order to get the Kronk knockout, but I can't help feeling binning Ben Davidson was a mistake. Sugarhill just comes across as drowsy and uninteresting in interviews. I'm just not convinced he's got the fire beneath him that his uncle had, or Tyson's previous trainer, Ben Davison, had in spades.

The one thing in Tyson's favour now is that he kept the weight off since the last fight. His training camps are now actual training sessions. Not the glorified fat camps they once were. Tyson has also proved he can take a punch. The knockout blow in his last fight against Wilder struck him on the back of the head which, as I understand it, is the absolute worst place you can get hit. In theory, he should be able to recover from even a devastating full front attack. You don't just fluke your way back into full consciousness.

Not happy about the fight being in Las Vegas again either way. Makes it virtually unwatchable for anyone tuning in from Europe, given the time difference. I believe they should have held it over here as a stipulation. At the very least it would have guaranteed no hooky scoring again.

Marner and Me

I'm going with a Fury win, against the 3 yank judges and ref. He's going to be fitter than he was last time. There is a pub showing it by ours. Doubt I'll watch though. Watch it on YT in the morn.

lebowskibukowski

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on February 21, 2020, 03:53:34 PM
They're both elite fighters. An early knockout is almost certainly out of the question. The first couple of rounds they'll be feeling each other out.

It depends on whether Fury's claims that he is going for the knockout are true, or whether he is just trying to play on Wilder's mind. If he does come out swinging, I think he is getting put on his arse early. Fury's way is death by a thousand cuts because he has never seemed to have sufficient power when he has been in with better fighters, but we will see. 

Lost Oliver

How can I watch this for free live? Look through reddit nearer the time?

Mobius

Quote from: Lost Oliver on February 22, 2020, 11:10:21 PM
How can I watch this for free live? Look through reddit nearer the time?

This one seems solid

http://geekjets.com/how-to-fix-niggling-wi-fi-problems-2020/?myparam=

Otherwise try these http://watchwrestling.in/watch-wilder-vs-fury-ii-2-22-20/

2 more matches on the card before the big one so not long to go

Lost Oliver

druss

Wow. Did not see that happening. Amazing.

Mobius

Yep absolutely battered him.

Pseudopath

Dayum. Wilder got murdered.

biniput

Watched it and he made Wilder look out of fitness and ideas within 3 rounds. I think a good punch or 2 landed in the second round that just totally took it out of wilder.

Bazooka

Good show old bean.  They should do version 3 in the UK.

wooders1978

Wilder camp: not concerned he's weighed in heavier, we don't track diet and weight in our gym, we know better 

Wilder: gassed by round 2

Hope Fury Joshua will be scheduled shortly, don't see the point in yet another wilder fight myself

poo

Awesome cunt, fair dos.

DrGreggles

Quote from: wooders1978 on February 23, 2020, 09:59:51 AM
don't see the point in yet another wilder fight myself

There wouldn't be a point, as Fury has comprehensively out-boxed Wilder in both fights.
Unfortunately I think another rematch was written into both's contracts.

sevendaughters

seems the natural route is probably Fury-Joshua but I can't see it happening immediately. They could easily retire off the back of two times around that fight. But Fury could just as easy go back on the Greggs while Joshua batters some chump and posts a load of banalities on instagram.

With Wilder, Whyte, Usyk, Chisora, Charles Martin, Parker, Ruiz, or even Dubois (well, the winner of Dubois/Joyce) getting a title fight at some point it feels like heavyweight boxing is being well promoted and fairly healthy right now.

Marner and Me

Fury made him look like the dosser he is. I don't think Wilder will fancy a third fight unless the cash is huge, AJ has a mandatory then after that it has to be AJ v Fury, and if this was pre Ruiz AJ I'd have it down as an easy win for Fury, however I think AJ has found that spark again. He boxed well against the Mexican Wobbler. However AJ v Fury at Wembley, get it on. No excuses now.

Marner and Me

Quote from: sevendaughters on February 23, 2020, 10:38:19 AM
seems the natural route is probably Fury-Joshua but I can't see it happening immediately. They could easily retire off the back of two times around that fight. But Fury could just as easy go back on the Greggs while Joshua batters some chump and posts a load of banalities on instagram.

With Wilder, Whyte, Usyk, Chisora, Charles Martin, Parker, Ruiz, or even Dubois (well, the winner of Dubois/Joyce) getting a title fight at some point it feels like heavyweight boxing is being well promoted and fairly healthy right now.
He is going to be big.

druss

Top bants from Fury licking Wilder's blood.

Lord Mandrake

The body blow in 5 was a thing of beauty, that would knock the ghost out of most blokes.

Bazooka

I've won £1000,000 as I went down Ladbrokes and betted Fury would lick blood off Wilders neck.

kngen

Dunno if anyone had the same commentary team as I watched (US team; female co-commentator), but by Christ it was annoying. Yes, Fury might have burst Wilder's ear with that big skelp in the 2nd round, but his legs went at the same time. All those fresh-air swipes and getting belted with jabs on the counter fucked him from about a minute in, and he was absolutely running on fumes from the fourth onwards. He deserves a lot of credit for lasting as long as he did, but Fury absolutely outboxed him in every round, and I can only imagine the psychological blow it must be to have your big right, your WMD that has KOed so many, land square on your opponents chin, and then see Fury just come back for more. Wilder looked totally out of his depth as a result.

I don't know a huge amount about Wilder's career, but has he just been matched up against journeymen to get his stats up for the most part? A sad indictment of the state of the heavyweight division if that's not the case. Thankfully, it's starting to look a lot healthier now, as sevendaughters said.

Cuellar

Can't get over how rubbish Fury looks - he just looks like some bloke.

kngen

Quote from: Cuellar on February 23, 2020, 04:03:00 PM
Can't get over how rubbish Fury looks - he just looks like some bloke.

The first fight between them was even more ludicrous aesthetically. Fury, with his wobbly bobbing and weaving and Ali shuffles, looked like a drunk bloke taking on a proper boxer in a pub car park ... except he was far, far better than the ripped, glistening Adonis he was fighting. It's one of the most bizarre spectacles I've ever seen in sport.

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on February 23, 2020, 01:11:11 PM
The body blow in 5 was a thing of beauty, that would knock the ghost out of most blokes.

I thought that was the fight stopped there. I just watched the end again, and by the time the towel was thrown in, Fury was catching Wilder square in the face with his measures. Somebody had to step in.

rjd2

Ruiz the jolly fat lad out moving and battering a slow but ripped Joshua is still the most amusing thing aesthetically we have seen in a long time.

Wilder will probably want a rematch, but I think his coach before the fight said the winner of this fight should determine if a 3rd fight happens. That might be the best scenario for Wilder, call for a fight he knows he probably can't win ,  but Fury looks elsewhere.

Operty1

I can't see Wilder wanting an immediate rematch, Fury being the only man he has faced who has battered him. I can see Wilder wanting a few confidence building fights before wanting another crack.

rjd2

Yeah ideally Wilder takes a few fights builds his confidence back up and fights Fury in maybe 18 or so months.

However Fury has talked about only having a few more fights and he was to beat Joshua in the Summer, then he'd be very tempted to retire.

Wilder doesn't lack confidence and he knows a 3rd fight with Fury makes a lot of sense financially. Loses and at least its one final pay day, but if he was to somehow win...

I'd have no interest in a third fight ,,,lets get Joshua v Fury and I dunno Wilder v Whyte which would be a fun little scrap.

Not sure where Usyk fits in all this though!

kalowski

Operty1

How Fury reacts to this win is probably what people are interested in the most unfortunately. Last time he won this big he came off the rails, I hope he is as mentally strong as he has been portraying recently.