Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:17:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boxing Thread

Started by Konki, July 08, 2016, 09:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoesNotFollow

Quote from: druss on February 23, 2020, 08:29:13 PM
Probably completely out but I did worry when I looked at his eyes when they were announcing him as new champ, felt like despite it being everything he was hoping for there was still sadness behind the eyes.

Looked like he was saying thank you to the crowd/press which was nice to see. Given his history perhaps he's been humbled by the fights he's lost and won in his own head and this is a more measured response in light of that. Could be total projection on my part though.

Bazooka

I kind of wish this was the next fight, and not Wilder again, but it is what it is, look forward to them all. Glad Fury didn't get chubby again, hope he hasn't struggled too much mentally that last few months.

Yussef Dent

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 10, 2020, 04:50:43 PM
"two-fight deal"?

This is probably to appease all broadcast deals. It could well be like Lewis vs Tyson where HBO and Showtime had to collaborate for it in America. For Fury vs Joshua you've got Matchroom with Sky for Joshua, and Queensberry with BT for Fury, in America it's Matchroom with DAZN and Top Rank promoting Fury with ESPN. It's a lot wanting a piece of a big pie, so may as well make two of them.

Quote from: Bazooka on June 10, 2020, 11:02:04 PM
I kind of wish this was the next fight, and not Wilder again, but it is what it is, look forward to them all. Glad Fury didn't get chubby again, hope he hasn't struggled too much mentally that last few months.

There was an interview with him on BT Sport where he seems to be in a really good state of mind, despite openly admitting the change of routine was challenge early on. I just think Fury has to do what he did to Wilder last time again, Deontay was really quite unprepared for that and I don't think that can be rectified so quickly. I feel a bit for Dillian Whyte though, I mean, when is he actually going to get his chance?

wooders1978

Think Fury did say he had two fights left, Joshua and Whyte - I don't think Whytes in the same class as those 2 though

Also the Joshua fights are gonna be next year so I guess fury wilder still a possibility?

druss

If Fury loses the plot and gets out of shape and takes Wilder for granted then I'd still make him favourite for Wilder although with more of a chance of an upset. If he goes in fit then he could end the guy's career if last time is anything to go by.

DrGreggles

Wilder won't want another Fury fight, unless it's as a final pay day.

lebowskibukowski

Anyone know much about this Daniel Kinahan chap? Sounds like the Irish media are none too happy.

EOLAN

Quote from: lebowskibukowski on June 12, 2020, 09:37:28 AM
Anyone know much about this Daniel Kinahan chap? Sounds like the Irish media are none too happy.

Apart from inheriting and running one of the biggest drug distributors in Ireland and being involved in a drug-gang war feud.
His association with boxing in Ireland has made it practically impossible for any major events (such as a Katy Taylor professional fight) to take place in the Republic. Very icy relation with Irish media to say the best. Also; a rival gang targeted one of the actual fighting weigh-ins that did take place in Dublin with one of his associated members shot dead. Kinahan himself believed to have been a target but had left the event early.
The international boxing fraternity seem to have taken to him and Tyson Fury association is certainly enhancing his profile, with Carl Frampton and Billy Joe Saunders some other successful boxers he manages. 

I believe Jamie Moore's shooting was also connected to Irish gang links in boxing.

Bazooka

I almost forgot Tyson vs Jones Jr on Saturday , 1am GMT(Sunday).  The reports on the rules seem conflicting about cuts will mean the fight stops, and no knockouts.

Morrison Lard

Joyce v Dubois on in a bit.

Decent stream here -
http://crackstreams.com/boxing-streams/watch-espn-dubois-vs-joyce/

Sheeraz, on the undercard, looked good against Pitto.

Morrison Lard

Holy fucking moly!

Great job, Joe Joyce

Bazooka

Yeah great finish for Joyce, great.

rjd2

Work to do for Dubois.

I have not seen him that often, but has Wardley more potential? He was excellent last week.

Hopefully Joyce gets Usyk, a nice pay for him although can't see him winning.

Marner and Me

Decent bout between Joyce and Dubois, Joyces experiences coming through, waited for Dubois to tire then went for it. Hopefully Dubois will come back from this but this was a step up from what he has been fighting.

druss

Quote from: Bazooka on November 26, 2020, 06:38:27 PM
I almost forgot Tyson vs Jones Jr on Saturday , 1am GMT(Sunday).  The reports on the rules seem conflicting about cuts will mean the fight stops, and no knockouts.
The no knockouts thing seems an odd rule. So if Tyson landed flush on Jones' chin, Jones wouldn't have been allowed to stay down or he would have been disqualified for being knocked out.

Bazooka

Thor boxing in first exhibition match against British champion Steven Ward in Iceland January 16th.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/boxing/game-thrones-star-fight-belfast-19381360.amp

Whilst Eddie Hall has looked good in training, coming into the new year he needs to get some proper practice in.

Famous Mortimer

Is there no money in strongman stuff, for Eddie and Thor to be doing this? Seems like a weird choice.

Also, Floyd Mayweather is fighting Logan Paul. It's one of those things where there can be no good outcome.

Bazooka

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on December 07, 2020, 02:33:21 PM
Is there no money in strongman stuff, for Eddie and Thor to be doing this? Seems like a weird choice.

Also, Floyd Mayweather is fighting Logan Paul. It's one of those things where there can be no good outcome.

There is but not as much as people think,them and Brian Shaw earn way more through merch,endorsements and brand sales, but neither want to completely fuck their bodies up and leave their kids with no dad. Strongman itself does not pay well.

Paul and Mayweather?  Jeez, that's all,jeez.

Bazooka

Joshua vs Pulev 6pm tomorrow which is an odd time, but makes Covid sense I guess.

kalowski

Do they really wrap a fuckload of bandages around a boxer's hand? The image I just saw if Anthony Joshua made it look like he had plaster of Paris fucking clubs over his hands.

Does this bloke have any chance against Joshua, he looks about 45.

DrGreggles

Quote from: kalowski on December 11, 2020, 10:32:41 PM
Do they really wrap a fuckload of bandages around a boxer's hand? The image I just saw if Anthony Joshua made it look like he had plaster of Paris fucking clubs over his hands.

Is Panama Lewis in his corner?

Bazooka

Quote from: Bazooka on December 11, 2020, 06:56:01 PM
Joshua vs Pulev 6pm tomorrow which is an odd time, but makes Covid sense I guess.

It's on at 10, not 6 as the website I read said, thought that sounded off.

Bazooka

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MB2LP0gc8Hk

Thor vs Steven Ward exhibition match, Thor didn't look too bad for his first match, Eddy is going to need to close in against him.

Bazooka

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=37uQFi07GU8

Connor Benn, Nigel Benn's son delivered a 82 second first round win tonight.