Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:33:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boxing Thread

Started by Konki, July 08, 2016, 09:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Textface

Wow that was a pretty comprehensive pounding. Looking forward to Eubank v Benn "The Next Generation".

wooders1978

Quote from: Johnny Textface on April 11, 2021, 07:41:23 AM
Wow that was a pretty comprehensive pounding. Looking forward to Eubank v Benn "The Next Generation".

Connors been one to watch for some time now - needs some bigger fights though, called out amir Khan?

The ref should have stopped that last one four or five punches before he did tbh

Bazooka

Quote from: Johnny Textface on April 11, 2021, 07:41:23 AM

Different weight classes, but restrictions should be ignored just for that match title.

kngen

Quote from: bgmnts on April 18, 2021, 05:38:57 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/boxing/jake-paul-askren-live-stream-latest-b1832735.html?amp

As ridiculous a spectacle this is, it can only boost that big twat's ego and convince him that he's good enough to fight an actual boxer soon. Please let it be Tommy Fury (it's more likely going to be that mentally ill chap who fights people in gym changing rooms, runs away and then claims he's the GOAT, isn't it?)

Bazooka

Andy Ruiz Jr Vs Chris Arreola this Saturday kids. There is no reason Ruiz shouldn't win, especially 55 lbs lighter.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: kngen on April 19, 2021, 01:45:39 PM
As ridiculous a spectacle this is, it can only boost that big twat's ego and convince him that he's good enough to fight an actual boxer soon. Please let it be Tommy Fury (it's more likely going to be that mentally ill chap who fights people in gym changing rooms, runs away and then claims he's the GOAT, isn't it?)
I would kinda like to see that guy get his ass kicked for real, though.

Re: Jake Paul, I don't hate him for any of this stuff. I think his opponent was an embarrassment though, who couldn't have made it any more obvious he wasn't interested in actually fighting. If Paul can make a few mill every now and again from beating up some vaguely well-known person, then good for him.

rjd2

All the UFC lads desperate for Paul to bless him them with a pay day.

Paul is dire, but he making money with his current gimmick so why switch it up? I think it might be Danis aka Conor's mate from Bellator, genuinely hope Paul murders him.

This weekend we have Chisora v Parker an absolute rotten main event to a PPV card. Parker wins as he is slightly less shite atm.

Taylor v Jonas will be decent hopefully .

Famous Mortimer

Logan Paul vs. Floyd Mayweather is happening

I'm sure they'll be desperately trying to push the "Paul could land a punch, he's bigger and younger" angle, but it'll be either intensely boring or extremely short. This is puzzling even by weirdo boxing standards.

rjd2

These carny "fights" especially with the Paul brothers make a lot of money. I'd assume Floyd will win easily but will drag it out like he did with McGregor just the fools who spent 50 dollars on won't feel that stupid.

I watched the Chisora card on Saturday night...quick thoughts..

James Tennyson LOL
Chris Eubank JR is going nowhere fast.
Taylor v Jonas was good fun and deserved a crowd.

Parker is not very good, if you can't handle Chisora at your supposed peak then fucking hell.

rjd2

I don't like Canelo much, but hoping for decapitation on Saturday night, BJS even by the low standards of combat sports is an absolute ghoul.

kaprisky

Broken eye sockets seem to be back in fashion!

DrGreggles

I quite like Canelo.
He's got that 'hitting people hard in the face' trick nailed, which is apparently good in the boxing.

Bazooka

August 14th confirmed date for Joshua vs Fury in Saudi Arabia.

wooders1978

Quote from: Bazooka on May 13, 2021, 05:11:27 PM
August 14th confirmed date for Joshua vs Fury in Saudi Arabia.

I'm sure I will feel differently come August but I'm a bit fatigued by the whole thing over the last few years that now it's happening I don't really feel that arsed - a few fiery press conferences with lobbed chairs, the lot will undoubtedly set a fire in my belly for it

bgmnts

Would old man Tyson come out of retirement to beat the ever loving shit out of Paul?

wooders1978

Quote from: bgmnts on May 14, 2021, 03:29:52 PM
Would old man Tyson come out of retirement to beat the ever loving shit out of Paul?

Well he has come out of retirement recently, albeit for exhibition fights, so this is a possibility, one I'd like to see, but Logan Paul is fighting mayweather which I suspect might put the Paul's "boxing" careers to bed

Bazooka

Quote from: wooders1978 on May 14, 2021, 03:26:11 PM
I'm sure I will feel differently come August but I'm a bit fatigued by the whole thing over the last few years that now it's happening I don't really feel that arsed - a few fiery press conferences with lobbed chairs, the lot will undoubtedly set a fire in my belly for it

I can relate, and as boxers I want both to win.

rjd2

Quote from: wooders1978 on May 14, 2021, 03:26:11 PM

Assume Wilder will be happy with been paid off for Joshua v Fury to happen, but if not will be very interesting what Joshua does to pass the time.

Usyk seems the obvious play, elite fighter who he could overwhelm.

Wilder v Fury 3 ? No thanks.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/57151854

druss

I wouldn't mind Fury - Wilder 3 as another severe beating without a corner-man trying to save his life should put the excuses to bed.

DrGreggles

Rematch clauses should be waived if, as in Wilder's case, the losing fighter gets battered.
Wilder's chance was in the first fight, when Fury was still out of shape. And I think he still lost that anyway - even with the knockdowns.

Johnny Textface

My money would be Usyk to beat Joshua. I'd get good odds and it's a risky play but I could see it happening (if he bulks out a bit properly).

rjd2

Tough task. Usyk could not put down Chisora so Joshua another level to say the least.

I think Joshua knocks him down in the last few rounds.

Josh Taylor should be better known.

Bazooka

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5QK2ufOc4M

Interesting interview with John Fury here.

Also for any fellow strongman heads, Thor's second exhibition match just took place: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k6STmjVv8Ss&t=955s

Against a much experienced opponent of course, but at least he is out there, whilst Eddie Hall just pops about 30 multi vitamins everyday and goes on about how hard he can hit(and he can) under perfect circumstances, before claiming into his cryo chamber.

kngen

Quote from: Bazooka on May 28, 2021, 11:25:01 PM
Also for any fellow strongman heads, Thor's second exhibition match just took place: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k6STmjVv8Ss&t=955s

WTF is going on with the 'photos' that obscure punches landing (or not)? That might be the most annoying thing I've seen on Youtube yet, which is quite something.

Bazooka

Quote from: kngen on May 29, 2021, 02:55:51 PM
WTF is going on with the 'photos' that obscure punches landing (or not)? That might be the most annoying thing I've seen on Youtube yet, which is quite something.

Ha, sorry it was the first video that leaked, better(normal) versions became available afterwards

Well I hope everyone is tucked up nice and early with the alarm set for 4 am, am I right Logan heads. 👊👊👊

Famous Mortimer

Hold on, isn't it tomorrow? Like, 28 hours from now or whatever? (sorry, I'm in a different time zone).

Bazooka

You're right, I applied logic in a world where this should be on a Saturday night, but it's not, it's Sunday.

kngen

Hopefully there will be a nice, trimmed torrent of this tmrw morning for me to watch over breakfast. My only concern is that Mayweather will, due to some kind of gentleman's agreement, allow that big lummox to look halfway decent before dispatching him.

I caught a bit of Joe Rogan talking about the fight, and he seemed to give Paul a chance while also totally misunderstanding how betting odds work. I'm starting to think he might not know fucking anything about anything.
Quote from: Bazooka on June 05, 2021, 10:03:46 PM
Ha, sorry it was the first video that leaked, better(normal) versions became available afterwards

No worries! Just never seen that before. By christ, it's irritating!

druss

I think Mayweather is more likely to commit a legal murder than to let Paul look good.

Genuinely think Paul is going to get seriously hurt. If I practised basketball really intensely for a few years I wouldn't get close to making the NBA. This is no different.