Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 21700 times)

Johnny Textface

• Currently batting for Trevor
Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #210 on: April 11, 2021, 07:41:23 AM »
Wow that was a pretty comprehensive pounding. Looking forward to Eubank v Benn "The Next Generation".

« Reply #211 on: April 11, 2021, 09:36:51 AM »
Wow that was a pretty comprehensive pounding. Looking forward to Eubank v Benn "The Next Generation".

Connors been one to watch for some time now - needs some bigger fights though, called out amir Khan?

The ref should have stopped that last one four or five punches before he did tbh

« Reply #212 on: April 11, 2021, 09:39:07 PM »

Different weight classes, but restrictions should be ignored just for that match title.

bgmnts

• Depressed to the point of poisonous toxicity.

kngen

• Fighting sleep's deathlike grip
« Reply #214 on: April 19, 2021, 01:45:39 PM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/boxing/jake-paul-askren-live-stream-latest-b1832735.html?amp

As ridiculous a spectacle this is, it can only boost that big twat's ego and convince him that he's good enough to fight an actual boxer soon. Please let it be Tommy Fury (it's more likely going to be that mentally ill chap who fights people in gym changing rooms, runs away and then claims he's the GOAT, isn't it?)

« Reply #215 on: April 29, 2021, 08:24:53 AM »
Andy Ruiz Jr Vs Chris Arreola this Saturday kids. There is no reason Ruiz shouldn't win, especially 55 lbs lighter.

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
« Reply #216 on: April 29, 2021, 03:04:21 PM »
As ridiculous a spectacle this is, it can only boost that big twat's ego and convince him that he's good enough to fight an actual boxer soon. Please let it be Tommy Fury (it's more likely going to be that mentally ill chap who fights people in gym changing rooms, runs away and then claims he's the GOAT, isn't it?)
I would kinda like to see that guy get his ass kicked for real, though.

Re: Jake Paul, I don't hate him for any of this stuff. I think his opponent was an embarrassment though, who couldn't have made it any more obvious he wasn't interested in actually fighting. If Paul can make a few mill every now and again from beating up some vaguely well-known person, then good for him.

« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2021, 09:01:38 PM »
All the UFC lads desperate for Paul to bless him them with a pay day.

Paul is dire, but he making money with his current gimmick so why switch it up? I think it might be Danis aka Conor's mate from Bellator, genuinely hope Paul murders him.

This weekend we have Chisora v Parker an absolute rotten main event to a PPV card. Parker wins as he is slightly less shite atm.

Taylor v Jonas will be decent hopefully .

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2021, 04:04:13 AM »
Logan Paul vs. Floyd Mayweather is happening

I'm sure they'll be desperately trying to push the "Paul could land a punch, he's bigger and younger" angle, but it'll be either intensely boring or extremely short. This is puzzling even by weirdo boxing standards.

« Reply #219 on: May 05, 2021, 01:36:26 AM »
 These carny "fights" especially with the Paul brothers make a lot of money. I'd assume Floyd will win easily but will drag it out like he did with McGregor just the fools who spent 50 dollars on won't feel that stupid.

I watched the Chisora card on Saturday night...quick thoughts..

James Tennyson LOL
Chris Eubank JR is going nowhere fast.
Taylor v Jonas was good fun and deserved a crowd.

Parker is not very good, if you can't handle Chisora at your supposed peak then fucking hell.

« Reply #220 on: May 05, 2021, 01:37:34 AM »
I don't like Canelo much, but hoping for decapitation on Saturday night, BJS even by the low standards of combat sports is an absolute ghoul.