Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 29047 times)

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #270 on: October 10, 2021, 11:32:57 AM »
Infinitely better than doing it to randos on a night out though

Johnny Textface

• Currently batting for Trevor
« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2021, 12:17:03 PM »
Just watched the replay of this. What a horrible sport.

Are you a masochist?

« Reply #272 on: October 10, 2021, 12:26:30 PM »
Just curious what an 'all time classic' looked like.

« Reply #273 on: October 10, 2021, 01:17:46 PM »
Impressive from Fury, but I think that could've been stopped 2 or 3 rounds earlier.
Wilder was taking a lot of clean shots to the head and came out for the final few rounds like a zombie, essentially being a punchbag.

You nicked this post from DrGreggles on the guardian comments, word for word.

« Reply #274 on: October 10, 2021, 01:50:56 PM »
Who is Fury going to fight next? These bouts are what the two men will be end up defined by, surely.

I think Wilder might consider retirement took a serious amount of abuse in that fight and money is made.

I know some think we may get Joshua v Wilder, but that might be one Joshua swerves, yeah Wilder is basic but he's so dangerous  though.

Fury? I think Joshua needs a win for that fight to happen which is tricky, the easiest fight could be Whyte if he wins in a few weeks.

Fury would win easily, but BT will hype the fuck out of it "battle of the brits" etc and it will do good business.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
  • They call me mista bald bastard
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #275 on: October 10, 2021, 02:51:54 PM »
Just watched the replay of this. What a horrible sport.

New information? It's hitting people in the body and head mate and doing it the best

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
  • They call me mista bald bastard
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #276 on: October 10, 2021, 02:56:48 PM »
Fury victory easier to enjoy if his politics weren't absolute anus. Was even savvy enough to tell Wilder he has a chance to come out from this as a major star in a decade defining match up, set up for life and full respect for Wilder.... so long as Wilder does the right thing and yet he still can't pluck up the decency. Fury even bigs him up afterwards (though also said 'what an idiot') and yet a pretty classless response all round from Wilder.

Wilder should retire to be honest, no shame in that, only way is down. No fucking way are Joshua's team dumb enough to take that fight unless there's a certificate from some medical staff stating that for whatever reason Wilder now has thalidomide punched into him. Joshua might have a chance but he has already shown against Ruiz his ringcraft is non existent and technique not good enough against sharp hitters.

Having seen the Usyk fight I can't see how Joshua wins the rematch but you could have said the same after watching Ruiz. Except, Ruiz decided to have him moment of glory and rest on his laurels. Highly unlikely Usyk is gonna do that.

DrGreggles

• [something funny]
« Reply #277 on: October 10, 2021, 11:32:51 PM »
You nicked this post from DrGreggles on the guardian comments, word for word.

Nah, he nicked it from me. The cunt.

Yussef Dent

• MOBILE ÖZEL YENI TEKNOLOJI
« Reply #278 on: October 11, 2021, 03:41:21 AM »

Fury would win easily, but BT will hype the fuck out of it "battle of the brits" etc and it will do good business.

I don't know if this is still the case but Whyte used to be signed to Matchroom on a fight-by-fight basis. If that is still in place then it may make sense for Whyte to sign with Queensberry as the rival promotional stables rarely match fights because of the different broadcast deals. It'll be a PPV fight no doubt and just having to deal with one promoter and one TV network over here would make it a very easy thing to sort out.

« Reply #279 on: October 12, 2021, 02:53:40 PM »
I don't know if this is still the case but Whyte used to be signed to Matchroom on a fight-by-fight basis. If that is still in place then it may make sense for Whyte to sign with Queensberry as the rival promotional stables rarely match fights because of the different broadcast deals. It'll be a PPV fight no doubt and just having to deal with one promoter and one TV network over here would make it a very easy thing to sort out.

I think the biggest problem for Whyte is Otto is actually pretty good and could win and that would be that regarding that particular "battle of Britain". !

« Reply #280 on: October 12, 2021, 04:02:33 PM »
There's a lot to like about Fury but a lot of dodgy shit as well. Even if you excuse the mad comments he made during his coked up years as being the ramblings of a deeply unwell man, the Kinahan stuff is very sketchy and there's also the fact he was banned for doping, with allegations of bribing someone to cover it up. He's also mates with bona fide scumbag Billy Joe Saunders.

I really want to like him as it's an amazing comeback story and he has done fantastic things in the ring. I just wish there weren't all these question marks.

« Reply #281 on: October 12, 2021, 07:36:07 PM »
Saunders is the absolute worst for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HGTM0NOEeY

I recall the Panorama doc a while ago, cliff notes.... Fury along with plenty in MMA and boxing (BJS and Darren Till ) were quite close to Daniel Kinehan who from all accounts has had people murdered. Its a worthwhile watch the above no matter your opinion on Fury.

« Reply #282 on: October 21, 2021, 01:36:13 AM »
And in the least surprising news ever Whyte has pulled out of his tricky fight v Otto.

Going to be interesting to see what happens regarding that card now, supposedly ticket sales were poor this obviously won't help.

https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1450781644319858691