Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:12:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boxing Thread

Started by Konki, July 08, 2016, 09:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjd2

fucking hell.  I assume he has a rematch clause, but that has really set Joshua back hugely. Eddie Hearn must be gutted.

Moonshine

Rematch in the U.K later this year, Hearn's saying already. Ruiz out-boxed him pretty comprehensively

wooders1978

Bit embarrassing for Joshua to lose one of his journeyman fights - I've always felt he's been a bit protected getting put in fights like this - Ruiz fluffed his lines and actually boxed Joshua

rjd2

Elite fighters do lose and come back and dominate and the main example people are using is Lewis. However Rahman was blessed that night....Ruiz though?

I dunno he pretty much dismantled Joshua, not the foregone conclusion that Joshua wins the rematch whatsoever.

Also I know Katie Taylor gets some slagging for how religious she is, but when you get the luck that she did last night then yeah Team Jesus ftw.

DrGreggles

Very impressive from Fury.
If he'd have been in this condition v Wilder he'd have won.

kaprisky

Jermall Charlo v Brandon Adams is on ITV4 tonight, from 2am again. The last fight that ITV4 did was back in May when Jarrett Hurd lost his light-middle (super-welterweight indeed!) titles to Julian 'J Rock' Williams. The channel's live feed unfortunately cut out for most of the last two rounds!

Jermall apparently has an identical twin brother named Jermell, so there you go.

Konki

Thanks for the heads up. Hurd vs Williams was a cracking fight. Big upset but Williams just had a relentless will to win.

The Charlos are indeed identical twins but fight at different weights. Go figure. Jermell fought last weekend and scored a brutal KO. Poor reffing to let Cota continue after the first knockdown though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7AJfYRsY8DY

bgmnts

I don't know if it takes an incredible amount of bottle or stupidity to carry on after knowing you've just been chinned and will probably get sparked out in a minute.

Konki

Campbell vs Loma tomorrow. I genuinely think Campbell can give Loma some problems; he's no slouch, is skillful, rangy and has a huge height advantage and decent power. I still think Loma will win but odds of 21/2 on Campbell are tempting me to have a punt.

rjd2

Did you see the Yarde fight last week? Cracking fight.

Loma should win but Luke worth a small nibble.

Konki

Heard it was a cracker but I've not got round to watching it yet. I didn't give Yarde a chance due to his relative inexperience but I'm glad he gave a good account of himself. Talking of light heavys I'm looking forward to seeing Buatsi again tonight, very impressive so far. He should be looking to step up soon too.

LanceUppercut

Loma was brilliant again last night, Campbell gave a good account of himself though.

Bazooka

Wilder has done it again, .Ortiz was no push over though, I don't like his arrogance (he has worked for it), Ruiz V Joshua 7the December.  This division is exciting regardless of all the contract beuracrecy.

Konki

Wilder is a freak of nature, that right hand is like something out of a comic book. When I watch him my heart is always in my mouth because it's like knowing the other guy has a sniper aiming at his head and at any moment, without warning, BOOM!

To beat him you have to KO him before he lands that bomb and considering his chin seems very decent I think the only person who has that power is AJ. Unfortunately AJ will probably get turned over by the fat Mexican again.

Wilder's power is probably the best in the world atm but hes not actually that good technically nor has he fought much really has he?

40 year old slow and past it Ortiz who was actually winning until the KO, and Fury who arguably beat him but for the corrupt judging, no one else stands out on his record.

He's certainly beatable by Fury/Usyk/Joshua/Ruiz Jr

lebowskibukowski

Ruiz Jr weighs in at over 20 stone, Joshua under 17 stone.
I have got absolutely no idea which way this is going to go

studpuppet

Not a boxing fan, but One Night: Joshua vs Ruiz is a great little film (was on BBC last night). The slow motion shots of Joshua's legs (hell, his whole body) turning to rubber after that punch in the third was extraordinary.

Also, hats off to IMDB for labelling James Corden as playing 'herself' in it!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11192896/

iamcoop

I think Ruiz might take this again. Who knows. If tubbins lands one early days like last time anything can happen. He seems like a nice lad too. Two men trying to brain damage each other in Saudi Arabia. Excellent.

bgmnts

Ruiz in his sombrero is fucking lovely. Looks like a nice bloke, almost adorable but bet he would easily murder someone for giggles.

bgmnts

Anthony Joshua is a bit cringe.

iamcoop

Boring but was obviously going to happen. Boxing is so fucked these days.

druss

Absolute state of Ruiz though. Loved having a fat lad champ.

bgmnts

I'm not really a boxing guy but is the reason Josh and Ruiz are in the same weight division purely because he's such a tubber? Josh surely has 5 or 6 inches on the dude.

Konki

Ruiz would be a cruiserweight if he was in shape.

Absolutely great from AJ tonight. He jabbed and moved for twelve rounds when most thought he didn't have the skills or gas tank to do so. He looks a much better, looser fighter under 17st. If he can still bang at the lighter weight (which wasn't obvious tonight considering the tactics) then he's gonna be one dangerous motherfucker.

Konki

Quote from: studpuppet on December 07, 2019, 05:35:36 PM
Not a boxing fan, but One Night: Joshua vs Ruiz is a great little film

I totally agree, it's really good. Iron Mike is excellent value.

Bazooka

Well , tactically it was a solid performance/training routine Ruiz got bigger hoping to catch Joshua in the jaw, AJ got smaller and tired out the fatter boy(both are great fighters in their style).

homesickalien

Anyone watching Sunday morning?

wooders1978

Quote from: homesickalien on February 20, 2020, 11:54:25 PM
Anyone watching Sunday morning?

I'm interested but I'm not £25 interested

lebowskibukowski

Couldn't tell you who is going to win this one, genuine 50-50 fight. I think Fury is vastly overrated but if he stays out of range then don't think he can lose it on points. Something tells me that Fury doesn't look as confident this time, though. May have a fiver on Wilder to win in 1st or 2nd round just in case...