Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:07:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2016/17 (Manchester or bust?)

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, July 09, 2016, 03:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Depressed Beyond Tables

Squink

Let's get some Big Sam in early. On being interviewed for the England job in 2006:

Quote"I wanted to do a real knock-your-socks-off interview for the FA, so I put together a PowerPoint which looked at every single detail," he wrote in his autobiography. "There was nothing missing. Nobody but nobody was going to beat it. But then Brian Barwick, the chief executive, told me there were no PowerPoint facilities at the interview venue, so I had to print off hard copies for the panel."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/10/sam-allardyce-interview-england-job

George Oscar Bluth II

Dunno who I want to fail more, Mourinho at Manchester United or Guardiola at Manchester City. Preferably both.

Sunderland to win the league or some mad shit I bet.

Van Dammage

After picking up Victor Valdes, Boro are apparently closing in on Negredo.

BlodwynPig

After the shenanigans of Portugal et al, a defensive season chock full of 0-0s?

Mourinho gone by August.

Everton relegated by October.

Liverpool stride to the title.

Van Dammage

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Van Dammage on July 11, 2016, 07:19:48 PM
Never going to happen in our lifetimes.

Neither was the Iceland of England.

Blinder Data

Tonight, proper football is BACK[nb]for countries with shit European coefficients[/nb].

Brendan Rodgers' Celtic conquest begins against Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar.

If Celtic don't make it into the Champions League this year, then I fear we won't manage it for another five or more.

Norton Canes

monolith

Sam Allardyce as England manager is the closest we'll ever get to Mike Bassett.

Blinder Data

I think he would do a good job, or at least a much better job than many of his predecessors.

Jurgen Klinsmann would be fun. I imagine as an outsider he would hold no truck with egos and kick ass and take names: strip Rooney of the captaincy, drop Joe Hart - basically sort the fucking thing out.

Danger Man

Wycombe Wanderers......

Just signed Adebayo Akinfenwa, the 16 stone striker.

A brave signing, when you consider our 17 man squad doesn't have any goalkeepers.

Squink

Big Sam would at least get in some players who don't immediately shit themselves at the first sign of pressure. It won't always be pretty to watch, but international football rarely is at the moment anyway.

im barry bethel

I'd like fat Sam to get the job so we can finish 3rd in the group and he can take his chip and fuck off for good

Depressed Beyond Tables

Still reckon in an ideal world they should offer it to Del Bosque.

Unfortunately he'd be absolutely hammered in the press after the first no-so-great result and probably forced out under 18 months. He's a bit too Fawlty Towers looking for the FA and probably not great with speaking English either.

DrGreggles

I think Fat Sam should be given the job too.

I'm not an England fan and it would be bloody hilarious.

im barry bethel

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on July 12, 2016, 04:54:31 PM
He's a bit too Fawlty Towers looking for the FA and probably not great with speaking English either.

His English sounds pretty spot on to me

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsc6228bwEk

Van Dammage

If Celtic lose this Rodgers should get sacked.

kaprisky

Quote from: im barry bethel on July 12, 2016, 03:36:41 PM
I'd like fat Sam to get the job so we can finish 3rd in the group and he can take his chip and fuck off for good

I called this on the night Hodgson resigned, except they will probably lose out in a play-off with the winners of the Oceania section. I didn't think it would get to the stage where he was even favourite! Still, if you look at some of the other candidates...

buntyman

Quote from: Van Dammage on July 12, 2016, 07:16:56 PM
If Celtic lose this Rodgers should get sacked.

Bit harsh, the Little Red Imps are a good side

sprocket

Van Dammage

Typical. I go for a piss and miss the goal.

sprocket

The plane in the background keeps making me think of Streetfighter II.

Milverton

Captain Z

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 12, 2016, 10:31:34 AM
Brendan Rodgers' Celtic conquest begins against Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar.

When I saw this post earlier I assumed it was one of those 'jokes' I've heard about. I'm amazed Gibraltar even has enough people to form a football league, let alone people able to play the sport.

At least Scots can console themselves with the idea of England losing 2-1[nb]Rooney (p), 34[nb]years old[/nb][/nb] to Gibraltar at the next Euros.

Blinder Data

First Corbyn stays on the ballot and now this.

Griffiths should have started up front but I wouldn't blame Rodgers too much - those players have shat it time and time again. It should be rectified next Wednesday at Celtic Park.

4-0 loss to Artmedia Bratislava still the result to beat in the embarrassing Celtic performances in Europe stakes.

Large Noise

Fucking pish Celtic.

It won't matter in the long run, but still.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteCrusaders19:00FC Copenhgn
Rosenborg18:15IFK Norrköping
Zalgiris18:15FC Astana
Ludo Razgd18:30Mladost Podgorica
Partizani Tirane19:00Ferencvárosi
TCOlimpija Ljubljana19:30AS Trencín
Dundalk19:45FH Hafnarfjördur

Sad to see Dundalk down with the dreck of Ferencvaros and FC Copenhagen. Fucking disgrace.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 13, 2016, 06:47:29 AM
Sad to see Dundalk down with the dreck of Ferencvaros and FC Copenhagen. Fucking disgrace.

I'm sure Ludo Razgd did my drive last summer.