Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:45:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2016/17 (Manchester or bust?)

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, July 09, 2016, 03:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwen Taylor on ITV

Quote from: thraxx on June 15, 2017, 08:14:11 AM
Puel sacked for getting Southampton to a very respectable 8th and a cup final a cruel response.

Big drop in points vs last year (there's such a split between the best and worst these days that Southampton in 8th were closer in points to relegation than Everton in 7th), big drop in goals and complaints from fans and, apparently, the team itself about the style of play.

Enzo

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 12, 2017, 11:36:54 PM
Gnabry always looked good for Arsenal why did they get rid?

Gnabry got crocked and bit fat, so Wenger sent him to WBA on loan to get his sharpness back. Except he didn't play and was sent back to Arsenal. Arsenal offered him a contract extension at the end of 15/16 season, but he turned it down and went to Werder Bremen to get game time.

tbh, if a manger sent me to be looked after by Tony Pulis, I'd want to leave as well.

gilbertharding

It's probably nothing, but did anyone notice someone in the crowd at the cricket the other day (Pakistan v Bangladesh, I think) holding a 'Wenger Out' banner?

asids

Apparently Cristiano "Body Revolution" Ronaldo wants to leave Real and Spain after being accused of tax fraud.

Probably bullshit but would be very interesting to see if he does. Run away from your problems Cristiano, just run away!

Squink

Redknapp with a cheeky bid? Would love to see Ronalado and Terry run out together for the mighty Birmingham.

greenman

Quote from: Squink on June 16, 2017, 06:24:39 PM
Redknapp with a cheeky bid? Would love to see Ronalado and Terry run out together for the mighty Birmingham.

Has arry actually taken ownership of Brum council OCP style yet? maybe he could give Ronaldo half the city.

Mr Brightside

Portugal's penalties were unacceptably shit. Death to 'professional' footballers.

Enzo

is it me or are teams taking the Confederations Cup seriously these days? Chile's celebrations post-penalties were a bit over the top for a glorified friendly tournament.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Mr Brightside on June 28, 2017, 09:57:53 PM
Portugal's penalties were unacceptably shit. Death to 'professional' footballers.

I see that Ronaldo didn't get to take one again.
Not that he wanted to take the 5th 'glory' penalty or anything.

Basic maths suggests that he should take 1 of the first 3.

Obel

Quote from: Enzo on June 29, 2017, 04:00:21 AM
is it me or are teams taking the Confederations Cup seriously these days? Chile's celebrations post-penalties were a bit over the top for a glorified friendly tournament.

To be fair I find penalties stressful to watch even if I don't have a horse in the race. Imagine being there, I'd probably be ecstatic to win even in a friendly.