Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:25:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

!!!!! - Wimblewrong 2016 First Round Draw - !!!!!

Started by selectivememory, July 19, 2016, 12:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

Welcome to your official Wimblewrong 2016 First Round Draw thread. I will post the draw at 5pm BST today. At that point, servers will have 72 hours to prepare and post their opening shots (so by 5pm BST on Friday).

While I will be doing the draws for each round and doing my best to keep each participant in line and on time, I would like to extend an invitation to the lovely Susan and the lovely Wimblewrong Nazi to enforce the law as they see fit, given their great experience, efficiency and expertise in this area.

The rules:

Quote1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.
2. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) can put what they want in their picture.  But all subsequent pictures (i.e the return) must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the previous picture.
3. The pictures will be 800 x 600, or 600 x 800 pixels in size.
4. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th picture of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours.
5. Common sense prevails in image choice.
6. Pictures can be uploaded to places like photobucket.com for those who have no webspace, but the picture must be displayed in the game thread.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 72 hours to post an image from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted. Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 72 hours start.

selectivememory

Okay then, this is it. We have 16 participants which means no high-scoring losers will proceed to the next round. Time to get Wimblewronging. For clarity, the first named participant in each tie is the server. The draw:

Tie 1: Frazer vs Pdine
Tie 2: BlodwynPig vs Absorb the anus burn
Tie 3: alan nagsworth vs Ian Drunken Smurf
Tie 4: Small Man Big Horse vs Spoon of Ploff
Tie 5: Paul Calf vs Hangthebuggers
Tie 6: Birdie vs Moondust
Tie 7: Westerly Winds vs kittens
Tie 8: Poisson Du Jour vs Zomgmouse

By the way, it's by no means a rule, but it would be great if all participants could vote in other matches, as it would be nice to get as many votes in as possible.

Good luck everybody!

Ian Drunken Smurf

Think I'll get on MS Paint for some swingball style practice to try not to be aced by nagsworth's serve - some pretty heavy-hitting 'wrong from my opponent last year!

zomgmouse

Does anyone know if my opponent is aware of their draw? There doesn't seem to be a thread yet.

selectivememory

Quote from: zomgmouse on July 21, 2016, 11:12:10 PM
Does anyone know if my opponent is aware of their draw? There doesn't seem to be a thread yet.

I notified all the servers when I made the draw, so I'm sure PDJ knows. There's still the best part of a day yet before the deadline for the opening shots, so no need to be too anxious just yet.

zomgmouse

Quote from: selectivememory on July 21, 2016, 11:23:39 PM
I notified all the servers when I made the draw, so I'm sure PDJ knows. There's still the best part of a day yet before the deadline for the opening shots, so no need to be too anxious just yet.

*temporarily withdraws anxiety*

wasp_f15ting

Gosh you go away for a week and come back they've started wimblemong.. I'll fill in if anyone drops out ;)

BlodwynPig

Quote from: wasp_f15ting on July 28, 2016, 10:09:54 PM
Gosh you go away for a week and come back they've started wimblemong.. I'll fill in if anyone drops out ;)

I'm "dropping" out ;)

selectivememory

You have been missed, wasp_f15ting. It's a shame you didn't see the sign-up thread. I'd put you on the subs list, but unfortunately for you all the first round matches have been completed and the first refusal if someone drops out in the next round will have to go to a high-scoring loser.