Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:23:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2016 - Round 1: Birdie versus Moondust

Started by Birdie, July 20, 2016, 11:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdie

WesterlyWinds

Small Man Big Horse

Paul Calf

Birdie

MoonDust

Quote from: Birdie on July 21, 2016, 01:56:41 PM
I hope Moondust has seen this.

I have now. Sorry, I've been busy as fuck this whole week. Will try and get a response by Saturday!

Absorb the anus burn

MoonDust

Sorry to be a cunt but you may have noticed I've been really quiet on CaB lately. Well this week has been a bloody nightmare, and due to circumstances at work I'm going to be extremely busy for next couple of weeks to come. As such I'm not spending any amount of time procrastinating on here (except for this post to tell you this) and this weekend I'll be working all the time as well.

As such I'm going to have to bow out of this contest, sorry Birdie! And sorry to anyone enjoying the match so far. And sorry to selectivememory for now fucking up the schedule. Nowt else I can do I'm afraid. As much as it saddens me to say my work at the moment is more important than hilarious photoshopped images of our overlords.

I just can't commit right now. I thought I could have done at the time I signed up but a truckload of work got in the way.

Sorry folks, enjoy the rest of the tournament.

Just like our friend BoJo, I've helped create a situation (signing up for Wimblewrong) but then fucked off when it gets underway to let someone else deal with it. To be fair to me though, I've done this under more honest circumstances.

See you all soon.

selectivememory

Don't worry about it! :)

Birdie, I'll see if I can find another opponent for you.

Paul Calf

selectivememory

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 22, 2016, 03:36:07 PM
Big Jack looked interested.

It would be great if he wants to play. Obviously, whoever steps up will have the full three days to play their shot. I'll give it until tomorrow afternoon, and if we don't find someone who wants to play then Birdie will get a walkover to the next round (and she did play a great shot so she was going to have a good chance when it came to the vote anyway, but obviously it would be better if she got a match).

Birdie

No-one wants to play with the only girl in the tournament?

Patriarchy!!!!

:)

Ian Drunken Smurf

How about a high scoring loser getting to play this match it the subs can't be found?

selectivememory

Quote from: Ian Drunken Smurf on July 22, 2016, 10:06:05 PM
How about a high scoring loser getting to play this match it the subs can't be found?

It's an idea. I'll keep an eye on things (voting does close tomorrow evening in another match, so that might be an option if the loser is up for it), but if we don't have someone to replace MoonDust by Sunday, it'll definitely be a walkover as it's not really fair to keep Birdie waiting any longer. We really wouldn't want someone to post a response to the serve as late as Wednesday or Thursday.

selectivememory

Small Man Big Horse has kindly agreed to step in and continue this match.

Thank you for your patience, Birdie. Please could you re-post your serve in a new appropriately-named thread? Thanks! :)

Ian Drunken Smurf