Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:52:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

WB you Bastards (Re:Angel)

Started by Spiteface, February 17, 2004, 07:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiteface

Angel to be Cancelled

I am absolutely gutted and enraged in equal measure. I've not been able to see the latest series, but my mum"s been taping it for me.

There had better be a new Buffy spin-off in the works...

Uncle_Z

Cannot open the link due to workyfilter, but if it says anything like "The season currently airing on Sky is the usual pile of cheesy, predictable camp old nonsense, but somehow seems to have lost its way." then it is fair, balanced and accurate.

Borboski

Quote from: "Spiteface"Angel to be Cancelled

I am absolutely gutted and enraged in equal measure. I've not been able to see the latest series, but my mum"s been taping it for me.

There had better be a new Buffy spin-off in the works...

Errgghh. You have lowered the tone.

NobodyGetsOutAlive

Bollocks, this truly is a shame. I'm up to about episode 11 now and it's been consistently entertaining, putting them in the Wolfram and Hart environment has added welcome change to the hsow and could have progressed through a couple of seasons if they'd had the chance. I hope they let it go out with a bang then, rounding it up in a (almost) neat and tidy way like they did with Buffy and leavwe the spin-offs alone as I can't see any that would work.

And all the anti-Buffy-and-Angel snobs can go fuck themselves :)

Spiteface

Quote from: "NobodyGetsOutAlive"Bollocks, this truly is a shame. I'm up to about episode 11 now and it's been consistently entertaining, putting them in the Wolfram and Hart environment has added welcome change to the hsow and could have progressed through a couple of seasons if they'd had the chance. I hope they let it go out with a bang then, rounding it up in a (almost) neat and tidy way like they did with Buffy and leavwe the spin-offs alone as I can't see any that would work.

And all the anti-Buffy-and-Angel snobs can go fuck themselves :)

Never a truer word spoken.

I'd still love a Faith Spin-off though. From what The WB have said, they may still do the occasional TV film, so it's not the end as such, but bad news all the same.

TOCMFIC

Faith spin-off isn't going to happen any time soon with "Tru Calling" on FOX. (which is surprisingly good actually.)

Last year, I'd have cared, but I gave up on Angel this year. Can't really watch it in front of my two year old, and it didn't take me long to realise I didn't miss it at all. It's amazing how, having not watched the show beyond episode two this year, how retarded the show sounds in the tv guide.

Sucks it's being cancelled though. The ratings are UP this year, and they just did their 100th episode, and now it's game over.

Spiteface

I want to see Tru Calling. Not sure if/when it's going to be on UK TV though. Sounds a little derivative, but still sounds like it has potential.

Uncle_Z

Don't want you to think I'm a detractor.  I have watched since day one and will continue to watch until the death.  It's great light entertainment.  I am eve quite enjoying the current season but just think there is something missing.  Wait, that would be Cordelia.  Patience Zeddy, patience.

Mister Six

Season 5 is utterly abysmal for the first six or so episodes, but picks up like a motherfucker (a... picking up motherfucker. Yeah.) after that. The ones that have been airing in the US (available on a Kazaa near you) have been absolute corkers.

Smackhead Kangaroo

Bah it's background noise for me but I recall that in the most recent appearances of Cordelia she looked frumpy and unattractive. (I also seem to recall she was pretending to be pregnant at some point but am definitely also taking that into consideration and even so  she was thin and frumpy*
I'm sure she used to be at least passably attractive, but having spotted an ancient episode of Buffy a little while ago I'm not so sure....

TOCMFIC

Quote from: "Spiteface"I want to see Tru Calling. Not sure if/when it's going to be on UK TV though. Sounds a little derivative, but still sounds like it has potential.

Do NOT give up after the first couple of episodes. The first few were kinda lame to be honest. I lost interest and barely paid attention when the Missus watched it. A few episodes in though they threw in a pretty huge plot twist to the whole show which has really kickstarted it!

For those who don't know, the plot involves Eliza Dushku's character, the erstwhile Tru, working in a morgue. She's looking at a body, the eyes flick open and the corpses says "Help me" and then she gets her ass "Groundhog Day"'ed back 24 hours to save that person. It works surprisingly well, especially as it's not turned into "corpse of the week" and they've, so far, kept it fresh. It could have easily fallen into the "Quantum Leap" trap of "One person, right a wrong, blah blah, next episode" (Don't get me wrong, I love Quantum Leap, but it was so predictable) but so far it's been done really well.

The sundry cast is pretty cool too, especially her brother.

Well worth a watch (even if one episode did brutally rip off "Flatliners")