Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:22:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy Collaborations

Started by DonkeyRhubarb, November 05, 2004, 08:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonkeyRhubarb

This thread is about fantasy collaborations. Which artists would you like to see work together and what kind of thing do you think they could produce?

To kick things off, I would love to see Tom Waits and Squarepusher(Tom Jenkinson) work together on the music for the movie adaptation of Jack Kerouac's On The Road.

Tom Waits sums up the beat vision throughout all of his work, from the ballads to the more challenging stuff, he would be able to get the atmosphere spot on, he could do it on his own.

Squarepusher however, would add an extra dimension. I'm thinking of the more avant-garde jazz work he produces, The Music Has Rotted 1 Note and Budokan Mindphone for example, rather than the more drum and bass style stuff. This would serve as an interesting compliment to Tom Waits's smokey ballads and Kerouac's tales of life on the American road. Squarepusher can also do cinematic and his more edgier side would add the sense of paranoia that is prevelant throughout the book.