Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:59:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

!!!!! - Wimblewrong 2016 Quarter-Final Draw - !!!!!

Started by selectivememory, July 29, 2016, 08:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

Voting has closed in seven out of the eight first round matches. The final quarter-finalist will be known by Sunday morning. As I would like to get on with the next round ASAP, I will post the draw for the quarter-finals tomorrow (Saturday) at around 6pm BST. If the winner of kittens and WesterlyWinds is drawn to serve, their 72 hours will begin from the moment that the winner of their match is declared (probably around 8 or 9am Sunday morning, as I'm not going to be awake to declare it at 3am); if the winner is drawn to receive, whoever is serving to them should hold off from posting their first shot until a winner is declared, but nevertheless their 72 hours will be the same as everyone else's.

Here are the Official Wimblewrong 2016 first round results (so far):

Spoon of Ploff def Small Man Big Horse (14-7)
Frazer def Pdine (14-6)
zomgmouse def Poisson Du Jour (17-5)
Absorb the anus burn def BlodwynPig (11-6)
Paul Calf def Hangthebuggers (14-1)
Birdie def Small Man Big Horse (10-5)
alan nagsworth def Ian Drunken Smurf (11-2)

WesterlyWinds vs. kittens: result pending.

Thanks to all who've participated. There have been some brilliant matches, some of them very closely matched despite all seven completed matches being decisive victories in the vote, and I think every player has played at least one excellent shot. I'm excited to see what the remaining players produce in the next round.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Thanks sm for keeping scores and the round-up and look forward to the qfs.

Birdie

Yes good work Selecto (yes) although that post is making my head spin!

selectivememory

Thanks chaps/Birdie.

Quote from: Birdie on July 29, 2016, 10:32:22 PM
although that post is making my head spin!

Whoops. Hopefully it'll be clear in a moment. Especially as it concerns you.

So, the draw. I'm an hour early, but the 72 hours can start at 6pm. All of the first shots will be need to be posted by 6pm Tuesday.

You have the same deadline as everyone else, Birdie, but you'll need to wait until the winner of kittens and WesterlyWinds is declared before posting your shot (which will hopefully be tomorrow morning at around 8am BST, provided they're not still tied in the vote).

Tie 1: zomgmouse - Frazer
Tie 2: Spoon of Ploff - Paul Calf
Tie 3: Absorb the anus burn - alan nagsworth
Tie 4: Birdie - WesterlyWinds OR kittens

Cheers guys. Over to you.

Birdie

Thanks for the BST bit:)

What happens in the event of a tie?

selectivememory

I'm really hoping that there will be a clear winner by that point, as I'm going to be away from the internet for most of the day from around 9am. However, if there isn't, the next vote after that would be decisive, and as soon as that vote comes in you could post your shot, as I won't be around to declare the winner until later. If it is a tie in the morning, I'll do my best to harass one of the General Bullshitters into casting the deciding vote ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience! :)

kittens

birdie vs kittens ultimate grudge match
let's make this a reality

selectivememory

Final first round result is in:

kittens def WesterlyWinds (12-8)