Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:11:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snorting Alcohol and other seemingly bad ideas

Started by Geej, February 17, 2004, 09:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geej

Some of you may be aware that I have a bit of a party trick that involves snorting shots of vodka.

Not only is it painful (duuur) but you get hammered very quickly.
I asked a couple of Doctors about it's safety, and they told me it was probably safer than drinking it.

I now realise the important word there was 'probably'.

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2538295

QuoteBut alcohol experts described the device as "diabolical" and warned that inhaling alcohol could cause serious brain damage.

Professor Oliver James, head of clinical medical sciences at Newcastle University, said: "By snorting the alcohol it can go directly into the brain without being filtered by the liver.

"What is getting into your brain could be the equivalent of many times more than by drinking it.

"This will not only make you very drunk very quickly but is also likely to increase the risk of direct alcohol damage to the brain. This could do irreversible damage to nerves, lead to swelling and possibly lead to dementia in the long term."

Damn

Has anybody else done this, or have you done other seemingly impressive body tricks that turn out to be nothing but "Diabolical" or "Dangerous"

mook

QuoteBut alcohol experts described the device as "diabolical"

smoker

i used to snort whiskey off a teaspoon at college. made my eyes water like crazy and i'm sure the effects on my nose lining weren't far off those of speed or coke.

Rats

You'll have to think of other ways to impress people now, maybe you could put a cigarette out on your eye.

king mob

Theres a place in Bristol that does this lunatic procedure, its supposed to be the equal of half a shot.

Find the place here.

Uncle_Z

Snorted tequila once.  Not something I plan on repeating.  

That machine sounds like it will appeal to all the "big hard blokey" types who have been mugged into the Sidekick phenomenon.  Sure, they'll have a pint, a sidekick and a snort of that raspberry vodka.  Who needs change from a tenner anyway?

Okay occasionally I'll have an Aftershock or a Goldschlager, or perhaps an Absinthe just to indoctrinate someone else to those shadowy little worlds, but by and large I'm sticking to the basic food groups.

hencole

I used to snort clay dust in French leasons at secondary school. Me and the friend I sat next to used to scrape it off the decaying walls of the classroom and create huge lines in class. It soon caught on and a large chunck of the class started doing it, to be cool like. This continued until my Mum said it probably wasn't a good idea, and our science teacher concurred saying it was highly carcinogenic.

DonkeyRods

Quote from: "Uncle_Z"Snorted tequila once.  Not something I plan on repeating.  

That machine sounds like it will appeal to all the "big hard blokey" types who have been mugged into the Sidekick phenomenon.  Sure, they'll have a pint, a sidekick and a snort of that raspberry vodka.  Who needs change from a tenner anyway?

Okay occasionally I'll have an Aftershock or a Goldschlager, or perhaps an Absinthe just to indoctrinate someone else to those shadowy little worlds, but by and large I'm sticking to the basic food groups.

WTF is Sidekick? I love absynthe, it always gets me happy-drunk. Whiskey and vodka just make me lethargic and depressed now.

Uncle_Z

Sidekicks are shooters at about 20% or so in big butch flavours like Sour Apple.  Marketed heavily at football fans.  Some pubs (used to) do deals for a bottle of lager and a sidekick under the name *shudder* Posh & Becks.  I used to leave those pubs before getting to the bar.

(Not that I'm knocking Becks per se.  It's not a bad sup really.  Just that I found myself in Bremen once and saw some chap getting heckled by the locals for drinking a tourist beer.)

Gazeuse

I've tried snuff.  Makes your snot brown, but no other effects.