Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:00:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2016 - Quarter-Final - zomgmouse vs Frazer

Started by zomgmouse, August 01, 2016, 04:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

zomgmouse

Ooh, nice one. I've started mine but might be delayed what with my move and everything. Will try to be on time.

Spoon of Ploff

There are no words.

None.

None words whatsoever.

*retreats to island of safety*

pancreas

I don't see how there's a comeback from that one. For any of us.

zomgmouse

Will be a little late with this but haven't forgotten. It's about 3/4 done.

selectivememory

selectivememory

No word from zomgmouse yet, and he hasn't been online in a while. I'll set the deadline for his shot at tomorrow morning at 8am BST, because anything beyond that will hold up the next round and also it's unfair to keep Frazer waiting any longer. Would be a great shame to abandon what has so far been a superb match though.

selectivememory

So, zomgmouse is moving home and hasn't got an internet connection yet, but says he can get something up if he has another small extension to the deadline I just set. I'd like to see the match completed, so I don't mind extending the deadline by another day. So as long as Frazer is okay with it zomgmouse should have a shot ready by Monday morning.

Puce Moment

If I had to follow that shot I would probably consider moving house too.

Frazer

No problem, no one could ever accuse me of not being munificent.

selectivememory

Sorry, zomgmouse, but I really can't prolong this match any longer. I'll give you until my lunch break at work (probably around 1pm BST) as that's the only opportunity I'll have to check in here today, but if you haven't posted a shot by that time I'll have to declare Frazer winner by default.

selectivememory

Puce Moment

I'm not sure anything could have followed that. I mean, it's shot of the tournament so far. I think it is entirely fine for Frazer to go through.

Frazer

Get in! Victory by default means I won't have to provide a urine sample, win-win.

selectivememory

Quote from: Puce Moment on August 08, 2016, 01:47:48 PM
I'm not sure anything could have followed that. I mean, it's shot of the tournament so far. I think it is entirely fine for Frazer to go through.

Agreed. It's just a shame as this had 'match of the tournament' potential.

zomgmouse

Whoa whoa I thought I was given another 24hrs?? I just finished this. Can it still be counted? Please? Apologies if I messed up the time zones. This moving lark is harder than it sounds. Also the film festival is on. Anyway:

*slurrrppppppgurgle*

(Please let this entry in!)

Spoon of Ploff

i haven't started work on my semi final serve if that helps.

selectivememory

Quote from: zomgmouse on August 09, 2016, 04:49:03 AM
Whoa whoa I thought I was given another 24hrs??

Yep, you were.

Sorry, but it definitely is too late now given that this match could go on for another five days (including the vote) and the other semifinal will already be well under way.

zomgmouse

Quote from: selectivememory on August 09, 2016, 08:53:01 AM
Yep, you were.

Sorry, but it definitely is too late now given that this match could go on for another five days (including the vote) and the other semifinal will already be well under way.

Well if I was given that extra time why rescind it now? Unless I misinterpreted the extra time? You gave me a new deadline and I asked for another day after it and I'm pretty sure I posted within that...

Puce Moment

Wasn't the new deadline 1pm BST yesterday?

Frazer did post his reply over a week ago.

selectivememory

Quote from: zomgmouse on August 09, 2016, 02:27:26 PM
Well if I was given that extra time why rescind it now? Unless I misinterpreted the extra time? You gave me a new deadline and I asked for another day after it and I'm pretty sure I posted within that...

I haven't rescinded it! You did miss your deadline. Just for clarification:

Your shot was originally due by around 11pm on the 4th (Thursday), and you said you were going to be a little late. A couple of days later you still hadn't indicated when you would post your shot, so I then set a deadline for 8am on the 7th (Sunday). You asked for an extra day, and that expired yesterday (Monday) morning. If there is a bit of timezone confusion it's possible you saw these posts as being posted on Sunday, and so 'tomorrow morning' might be misleading, but I did specify Sunday in the pm I sent you, and also the second quote clearly states Monday morning as the final deadline. I have used BST throughout this tournament, so that also should have been clear.

(posted on Saturday 6th at 5.05pm BST)
No word from zomgmouse yet, and he hasn't been online in a while. I'll set the deadline for his shot at tomorrow morning at 8am BST, because anything beyond that will hold up the next round and also it's unfair to keep Frazer waiting any longer. Would be a great shame to abandon what has so far been a superb match though.

(posted on Saturday 6th at 5.40pm BST)
So, zomgmouse is moving home and hasn't got an internet connection yet, but says he can get something up if he has another small extension to the deadline I just set. I'd like to see the match completed, so I don't mind extending the deadline by another day. So as long as Frazer is okay with it zomgmouse should have a shot ready by Monday morning.

zomgmouse

Ah okay see I thought you meant 8am on Monday initially and then in the PM I asked for another day's extension which I thought you'd agreed to. Evidently not.

It's okay, I doubt I'd have won anyway.

pancreas

Maybe you and Fraser can have a friendly at Christmas. God knows we need cheering up over the Misery Season.

zomgmouse

I will likely be far less busy then so that should be fun!