Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:10:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Grey Album

Started by TOCMFIC, February 17, 2004, 10:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOCMFIC

Anyone else got hold of this yet? If you don't know what it is, go to Slashdot and search, saves me rehashing it:)

Listening to it right now. Given I'm not that big into rap I gotta say it's REALLY good! And the lovely fact is, EMI shutting it down means it's gonna be huge. LOL!

TOCMFIC

I've got a tune I've just done. Haven't decided 100% whether to release it yet, but I don't have the webspace for it, so was wondering if anyone else would host it. I seem to recall someone saying they'd host peoples music but I don't remember who it was:)

kidsick5000

Its sounds great, the DM and jemini cd is  pretty damn cool. And the Beatles always sound good cut up.
Any chance of a link to it?

dan dirty ape

Quote from: "TOCMFIC"Anyone else got hold of this yet? If you don't know what it is, go to Slashdot and search, saves me rehashing it:)

Listening to it right now. Given I'm not that big into rap I gotta say it's REALLY good! And the lovely fact is, EMI shutting it down means it's gonna be huge. LOL!

This is Dangermouse bootlegging the Jay Z Black album with the Beatles White album ,right? What sort of stuff does he do? I have to say I'm not a big fan of Jay Zzzzzz (do you see?) but this interests me.

Jet Set Willy

I've got it and to tell you the truth it's a bit messy. There is a lot of far better stuff of the same philosophy out there. i think it's available here.

and TOCMFIC, if you PM me I will try and sort something out for you.[/url]

kidsick5000

Bah. I went out wandering, and everyone appears to be closed down, withdrawn or on the verge of hiding.

The thought for today is:
Dont fuck with the Beatles kids.

TOCMFIC

I have no interest in Jay'Z but it works surprisingly well. I even downloaded the original album to compare, and it's interesting.

Not knowing the White Album that well I wouldn't even have known it was the Beatles, except for the fact that vocals are sampled at one point.

As for the hosting, that's funny, I meant to post that as a new thread:)

mitzidog

Get onto soulseek and look up "bibbie" you'll find I have the album - NB limited space on hard drive means stuff tends to only stay on about a week, so if you want the album get in there soon.

ziggy starbucks

I didn't know Dangermouse was a DJ.

Is Penfold an MC?

dan dirty ape

No, but I'm suprised no rapper's named themselves Baron Greenback yet.

european son

Quote from: "ziggy starbucks"I didn't know Dangermouse was a DJ.

Is Penfold an MC?

my mate Joel DJs in Bristol under the Penfold moniker

TraceyQ

Quote from: "european son"

Is Penfold an MC?

Is that the one who DJ's in Brum sometimes? Is he there on Friday?

El Unicornio, mang

It would have been cool if they had mixed together The Beatles with Metallica's 'The Black Album' . Dear Prudence meets Enter Sandman. Oh yes.

Just downloading it and it's bleeding fantastic

Hairy Chin

I'm not overly a massive fan of either - well, maybe I have a slight lean towards The Beatles over Jay-Z - But it certainly makes for an interesting listen.

I might not have that much re-listen potential for me, but worh having a listen to and keeping on the PCfor a bit after if the whole hullaballoo with the record companies make it infamous, just so you can say "I've got it, nerh."

Tokyo Sexwhale

Has anyone got a full track listing?

Hairy Chin

It's on this site what Jet Set Willy linked to earlier.

european son

Quote from: "TraceyQ"
Quote from: "european son"

Is Penfold an MC?

Is that the one who DJ's in Brum sometimes? Is he there on Friday?

nah (i've got DJ mates coming out m'ears). the one who DJs in Brum sometimes is the unoriginally titled DJ Dan. he does Ramshackle in Bristol nearly every week, but every couple of months or so he does it over in Birmingham, for a change like.