Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:59:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2016 Semifinal - kittens vs Alan Nagsworth

Started by kittens, August 11, 2016, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Nagsworth, for godssake, man. Just put a picture of Gove on the twin towers or something and you'll have won.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: kittens on August 24, 2016, 09:16:44 AM
oh jesus christ
nagsworth's one entry here is better than my two put together
this can't be
kittens in the final
oh no

do not worry kittens, this isn't real.
when you came off your bike, you bumped your head and fell into a coma.
what you are experiencing right now is just like Life on Mars; the BBC One television drama... only a lot less/more shite.
you just have to win WimbleWrong to return to your own reality... so... no pressure then.

oh and if you see any lights try not to go into them

good luck!!

Puce Moment

Quote from: pancreas on August 24, 2016, 04:12:18 PMNagsworth, for godssake, man. Just put a picture of Gove on the twin towers or something and you'll have won.

It seems highly unlikely that he would commit to the three shots required for a final and it would be good to get this wrapped up before Xmas.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: pancreas on August 24, 2016, 04:12:18 PM
Nagsworth, for godssake, man. Just put a picture of Gove on the twin towers or something and you'll have won.

no it ain't about that though is it? if i could commit to this game properly i'd do it with integrity and not just because people think my victory is a "shoe-in"... fuck that, man! spunking something out indulgently with no pride involved would be a huge insult to the already great effort that kittens has put in. that's not what this tournament means to me. i don't care that people seem to think my one shot in this game was great (i hated it from the moment i exported it, it's shit) - what matters to me is that whoever is more willing to put the time and effort in deserves to win the round. right now, that person isn't me, and so i respectfully admit defeat. kittens deserved to win this round because he played two solid shots within a decent time frame. i fucked about and got drunk and wasn't committed enough, so that's it. rules are rules, the best man literally won.

thanks kittens and sorry for the arse about mate

Johnny Yesno

If you have the time, I'd appreciate it if you could explain how you did the Dankest Buds text.

alan nagsworth

Mostly it was a lot of faffing about with the font sizes and character/paragraph spacing to make it look tight. But the actual effect is from the Warp Text option (right click the text field while you're editing the text and you'll see it on the menu) using this effect:

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: alan nagsworth on August 25, 2016, 05:22:29 PM
Mostly it was a lot of faffing about with the font sizes and character/paragraph spacing to make it look tight. But the actual effect is from the Warp Text option (right click the text field while you're editing the text and you'll see it on the menu) using this effect:

Thanks. I couldn't tell whether you'd edited some existing text or started from scratch. It did look too spiffy to have been the former. Nice work overlaying the smaller text and getting the border of the larger text to look like it's flowing round it. It looks really professional.

kittens

do you wanna know how i got a skeleton to wear glasses

Johnny Yesno

Kelvin

Kelvin