Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:13:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

THAT Come Dine With Me episode is just about to start

Started by Icehaven, August 14, 2016, 06:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mook

Icehaven

Quote from: checkoutgirl on August 15, 2016, 03:22:24 PM
Can someone rip this to avi. on Freemake or something? Really want to see it after watching the wrong episode on More4 last night. All the youtube versions are restricted to UK viewers only and I don't like tricking the system as the last time I did it changed the language on Mozilla to Turkish and it was a bloody miracle that I managed to change it back.

Can anyone help a motherlover out and stick it in Dropbox or some shit? Preferably not in MKV because those files won't play on my shit for some reason.

It's here
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/come-dine-with-me/on-demand/51383-139

pancreas

Oh that was good. At one point I was watching every Come Dine With Me that they showed. Horrifically addicted, I was. There are so many great episodes. The whole set of episodes with the guy who got smashed on the first night (they kept showing him trying to open a wine bottle which went on the floor) a Tory councillor wannabe called Brian who was plating up something with spray cream on the floor and flirting with Brenda. There was one with a drag queen and a guy who came round with his own mayonnaise. She threw him out of the house for secretly putting it on his plate. And of course, there was the whole Preston set, with the woman who was serving 'pheasaunts', the woman who went to bed early and made someone else cook the meal, with the carpet seller who just flew off the handle at anyone and everyone. Actually a friend of mine, Serena, was on one of them. Everything kicked off at hers on the last night with screaming and recriminations and she burst into tears and went around the house burning sprigs of thyme to try to purify the atmosphere.

It's just such a wonderful source of chaos.

Quote from: pancreas on August 15, 2016, 06:18:14 PM
<snip> the woman who went to bed early and made someone else cook the meal<snip>

Not long after, aged 36, she took her own life after battling alcoholism and mental illness.

Enjoy my two favourite moments, sadly recorded on a potato - https://youtu.be/7fPmVv5is6Q & https://youtu.be/UdOD_sbLviU

pancreas

Quote from: Special K on August 15, 2016, 06:56:01 PM
Not long after, aged 36, she took her own life after battling alcoholism and mental illness.

Hmm. Stops being quite so hilarious when you know that.

Quote from: Special K on August 15, 2016, 06:56:01 PM
Enjoy my two favourite moments, sadly recorded on a potato - https://youtu.be/7fPmVv5is6Q & https://youtu.be/UdOD_sbLviU

I remember the first of those. That was a wonderful moment. You could see the hubris building through the programmes and the downfall was inevitable.

Don't think I've ever seen the second, though.

Endicott

A friend of mine, Simon, was on one of these. He cooked some steak really badly, did prawn cocktail starter and put chilli on all of the above. He is a musician so he had some friends over to put on a bit of entertainment. None of his 'character' traits were put on. Everyone ended up pals as I recall.

The best bit was watching it at 7pm on a Sunday evening in the pub, which was rammed with all his friends.

brat-sampson

Ok, I've tried watching a couple more from the same week but fuuuuuck me the announcer gets on my tits something rotten. If it was the same stuff being delivered with a slightly wry TV Burp style it wouldn't be so bad but from a guy apparently attempting Hysterical Gervais at all times it's destroying the show for me.

olliebean

Quote from: Captain Z on August 14, 2016, 11:38:30 PM
This was amazing. I lost it when he put the peppers in the oven.

The highlight for me was when he started
Spoiler alert
finger banging the orange.
[close]

MrT

Quote from: Endicott on August 15, 2016, 07:32:06 PM
A friend of mine, Simon, was on one of these. He cooked some steak really badly, did prawn cocktail starter and put chilli on all of the above. He is a musician so he had some friends over to put on a bit of entertainment. None of his 'character' traits were put on. Everyone ended up pals as I recall.

The best bit was watching it at 7pm on a Sunday evening in the pub, which was rammed with all his friends.

Hi Endicott, do you drink in the Swan then? I haven't been down there for a couple of years but had good times chatting with Simon about the whole thing. I think they were given about £100 for ingredients, most he spent on Stella and stuff and when out shopping for ingredients spent a fair time with the crew smoking stuff.

As you say, he is exactly like that in real life - I do have a copy of his episode so if you want it please PM me.

Endicott

Not for a few years. Also the pub that showed it was the Vic. Thanks for the offer but I've got a copy I recorded of the tele.

Eta: Rock on.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Patrick the yank is another great episode. But yeah Chris is the balls.

non capisco

My favourite line from this is "Marmalade has reared its head in every course!"

hedgehog90

Wow. This guy.
I felt a bit sorry for him, especially when everyone got the giggles and he looked oblivious.
I thought the other 4 handled it remarkably well, they seemed lovely actually. And fuck me they ate THE LOT!!
I'm not sure I could have handled the unseasoned chicken breast/potato/orange/asparagus stalks dish. That looked fucking wretched. And the peppers. The marmalade. The serenade. The wine.
Bloody hell.
What a guy.

glitch

Ended up watching this on Sunday, and the second I saw the title of this thread, knew it had to be the same episodes.

Really couldn't tell if he was putting it on, or he was being completely genuine. My housemate, who's had a lot of experience with people with spectrum disorders, said that somebody using that logic to not buy birthday presents is a pretty specific indicator that he's somewhere on the spectrum, which ruined it a little.

Still, he seemed so happy to have saved 20p on that chicken.

newbridge

Everyone does the (Italian? French?) double cheek kiss on Come Dine With Me. Is that something Brits actually do, or is it an affectation for the show? Some type of dinner-party-only greeting?

Ringside

I like the fact that he thought the 20p discount in the butchers was worthy of a handshake, as though he'd just brokered an amazing deal on a new car.

Morrison Lard

Never wanted to watch something so much in MY ENTIRE LIFE :'(

youtube link won't work, channel 4 want to know where I live
and those links DBT posted play too fast and it's like Alvin and the Chimpmunks.
Worst Bank Holiday since 2011.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Morrison Lard on August 27, 2016, 10:51:29 AM
Never wanted to watch something so much in MY ENTIRE LIFE :'(

youtube link won't work, channel 4 want to know where I live
and those links DBT posted play too fast and it's like Alvin and the Chimpmunks.
Worst Bank Holiday since 2011.

Agree. Desperate to watch it but Channel 4 want to know my penis size and entire criminal record before they let me watch a short clip. I asked for someone to rip it but nobody was arsed.

pancreas

phes

Great episode, lovely natured and fun. Chris is surely on the spectrum

Quote from: non capisco on August 16, 2016, 01:13:21 AM
My favourite line from this is "Marmalade has reared its head in every course!"

I enjoyed his decision to add Marmalade to the desert to 'add another dimension'

hewantstolurkatad

So do I start with episode 139 or are there earlier episodes featuring him to watch in preparation? I'll be pretty honest and admit I've ridiculously high expectations for this.

amnesiac

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on August 16, 2016, 12:22:26 AM
Found this, not sure what the legalities are with CaB. Feel free to remove it.

http://www.vidsshare.com/watch/Chris-Hiller-The-Funniest-Man-On-Come-Dine-With-Me-VideoDownload_Z1hZUHBVNzdQdzg.html

Thanks, watching now thru this link, although it's slightly speeded up/ chipmunks (a usual way to circumvent copyright detection).

I pretty much immediately identified this chap as being on the spectrum so the panel from NW London award this NULL LOLS.

pancreas

BTW I tried to cap it and failed. I have something which is barely watchable. Like 10fps. If you are desperate you can PM me, but I suggest you get a VPN which can connect to the UK and sign up to Channel 4.

thenoise

Quote from: hewantstolurkatad on August 30, 2016, 10:35:04 AM
So do I start with episode 139 or are there earlier episodes featuring him to watch in preparation? I'll be pretty honest and admit I've ridiculously high expectations for this.
Oh, you need to watch the whole week.  His developing non-romance with that lady with the fake boobs takes a few episodes to develop to this horrible climax.

As has already been said, everyone else is so nice and accommodating that it stays the right side of horrible.  It's all rather sweet[nb]that'll be the marmalade[/nb].

hewantstolurkatad

Quote from: amnesiac on August 30, 2016, 11:04:22 AM
Thanks, watching now thru this link, although it's slightly speeded up/ chipmunks (a usual way to circumvent copyright detection).

I pretty much immediately identified this chap as being on the spectrum so the panel from NW London award this NULL LOLS.

Can't you slow the speed if you use VLC media player?

Bazooka

Hold the presses, I have watched this program quite a bit and the buggers never use sauces or gravy. Seems they are told not to, so the other cooks can accuse the meals of being dry, and it obscures the food from the cameras close ups.

Think about that.

Captain Z

Quote from: hewantstolurkatad on August 30, 2016, 12:51:08 PM
So what episode number do I start from?

From memory, Episode 139 - Chris - Salisbury was the 4th from 5 contestants, so 136 should be the start of the week. It's usually pretty obvious from the start whether this is a new group of contestants or part way through a week.

doppelkorn

When they're photographing food with cream on it they use white emulsion paint.

That's true.

And when they phtograph big macs and thingslike that they put big wedges of cardboard in between each layer.