Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:37:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

THAT Come Dine With Me episode is just about to start

Started by Icehaven, August 14, 2016, 06:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Drunken Smurf

Here is it on Facebook (the whole week - from about 1:08:00 is Chris' episode of glory) - https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=308621806368732

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Ian Drunken Smurf on November 06, 2019, 10:46:21 PM
Here is it on Facebook (the whole week - from about 1:08:00 is Chris' episode of glory) - https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=308621806368732

Haven't seen this since it first aired and if anything it's even better than i remembered. There's absolutely zero hyperbole in this thread, it really is that good/bad.

Definitely watch all the episodes in order though, it makes all the difference.

"I'll give you £2 if you eat that"

Ian Drunken Smurf

I watched the week straight thorough - I think it was a masterstroke that he was on fourth, so that you had a rough idea that it could be special, but not aware quite how special.

bgmnts

Its paused in a tab, just cant bring myself to watch, its been hyped up so much.

purlieu

Quote from: glitch on August 16, 2016, 12:16:54 PM
Really couldn't tell if he was putting it on, or he was being completely genuine. My housemate, who's had a lot of experience with people with spectrum disorders, said that somebody using that logic to not buy birthday presents is a pretty specific indicator that he's somewhere on the spectrum, which ruined it a little.
Oh totally, definitely autistic, just the obliviousness to everything made that clear. I'm really happy that everyone kind of accepted him for who he was, though. He could easily have pissed everyone off with the wrong crowd, but they all seemed to appreciate his honesty and friendliness. Bless him. That made it far more enjoyable to watch as, other than his confusion as to why everyone was laughing, he seemed to be having a good time all week.

I also love the fact that the girl he fancied liked his baked bean peppers and watered down wine.

Ham Bap

Ian Drunken Smurf

I shared it with a friend yesterday and just got an SMS back: "Bloody hell! Finger banging an orange!"

SteveDave

I thought this was going to be that one with the "DEAR LORD WHAT A SAD LITTLE LIFE JANE" man.

Cuellar

Quote from: SteveDave on November 08, 2019, 12:10:39 PM
I thought this was going to be that one with the "DEAR LORD WHAT A SAD LITTLE LIFE JANE" man.

Yeah this is absolutely the best 'THAT Come Dine With Me episode', the slightly odd guy doesn't come close.

phantom_power

Yes that has become renowned around these parts. My daughter is obsessed with it. "You have all the grace and decorum of a reversing dump truck"

Chollis

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Yeah I thought it would be that as well, just watched the clip and his glance to the camera is fantastic

Icehaven

I don't think I've seen this one, did it exist before I started this thread?

Edit: It did, same year (although the Salisbury one was made ages before.)

Cuellar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND3VtHQqMZk

Never actually seen the full build up to this, and the quality is dreck, but you get the idea.

phantom_power

It is the "get off my property" that does it. Not "get out of my house". Property. Off. Off my property. Mortimeresque grasp of using specific wording to get across a character trait

lankyguy95

Friday's has some big laughs too.

"No offence but I don't understand who would want to draw her. If it was Natasha I'd understand."

Ham Bap

This episode is about to start on More 4 in 10 minutes.

shiftwork2

Ah fuck could do with this.  So many moments, usually involving marmalade or haggling.

Epic Bisto

Yep. Just been watching this with family.

"I don't think I've eaten a bird egg before."

Epic Bisto

Does anyone remember a couple of early episodes from Wales featuring a horrible old bloke called Ernest? He spent most of the evenings being really rude to everyone, moaning about the food and loudly burping and farting at the table.  By the time he's got back in the taxi, he's clearly pissed and gives everyone a glowing review.  Then it gets to his episode and his guests notice a picture of him with a young lass.  I think the exchange kinda went like "Oh Ernest, your daughter looks really pretty" "That's not my daughter THATS MY BLOODY WIFE!!!"

I'd love to see that lecherous old sod bumping into the furniture again before I die.

This is already great and it's not even the first meal. He's handcuffed himself to a closet!

Ferris

Watering down the wine then serving it in a jug was a good wheeze, but he did seem a bit actually unwell. Swings and roundabouts.

druss

Quote from: Cuellar on November 08, 2019, 12:46:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND3VtHQqMZk

Never actually seen the full build up to this, and the quality is dreck, but you get the idea.
Anyone know why this episode isn't available on All4? The clip is great but I'd like to see the whole episode for context.

weekender

The one that's on at the moment on More4 is quite good fun - it's the last one in County Durham, apparently from October 2015 if that helps you track it down.

As far as I can tell I think absolutely everyone hates each other, but the best comment has to go to someone who has just said something like:

QuoteI tried to be nice, but it just doesn't come naturally to me.

Lovely stuff.