Author Topic: THAT Come Dine With Me episode is just about to start  (Read 10799 times)

Captain Z

• Oh yeah my cholesterol's going down
Re: THAT Come Dine With Me episode is just about to start
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2016, 02:24:07 PM »
And when they photograph big macs and things like that they put big wedges of cardboard in between each layer.

In fairness they do that anyway.

pancreas

• The islets of Langerhans are the very best islets
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2016, 03:47:11 PM »
From memory, Episode 139 - Chris - Salisbury was the 4th from 5 contestants, so 136 should be the start of the week. It's usually pretty obvious from the start whether this is a new group of contestants or part way through a week.

You should be looking for 1 mod 5. The first episodes will all end in a 1 or a 6. Assuming there hasn't been any 'all in one' malarkey.

hewantstolurkatad

• Profile pictures aren't working anymore?
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2016, 03:50:14 PM »
You should be looking for 1 mod 5. The first episodes will all end in a 1 or a 6. Assuming there hasn't been any 'all in one' malarkey.
or weeks where there is a bank holiday resulting in a shortened four episode week.

Captain Z

• Oh yeah my cholesterol's going down

Ian Drunken Smurf

• Archbast*rd of Canterbury
  • Golden Member
  • Theresa May is a vile harridan
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2016, 07:46:57 PM »
Just been watching it while cooking. Truly special.

Ian Drunken Smurf

• Archbast*rd of Canterbury
  • Golden Member
  • Theresa May is a vile harridan
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2016, 09:17:20 PM »
His twitter stream was grim reading - although he owns up to being a fool on CDWM - and think his heart is in the right place even if his brains might be in his trousers. Safe to say he might be a boobs man (from TV and twitter...)

icehaven

• Please don't hi five people in Tamworth
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2016, 05:45:24 PM »
A bloke on tonight's episode was telling everyone which celebrities he'd been told he resembled, and when he said Ade Edmonson he went ''A-haaaaaaa!!" to emphasise it. What a weapon.

Shameless Custard

• PAUSE FOR THE JET
    • My RUBBISH
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2017, 11:07:19 AM »
12.05 pm, More 4, today

Can't wait

shiftwork2

• mince pies this is your time
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2017, 11:52:07 AM »
I checked out Salisbury as a potential place to live because of this thread.  Even went in the butchers.

Thanks for the tip-off!

« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2017, 12:07:36 PM »
Never seen this famous episode before, am watching now, thanks for the heads-up...

Morrison Lard

• the author of The Story of Magic
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2017, 12:11:36 PM »
Fucking perma frown on him   >:S

Oh god, those stuffed peppers. bloody hell, this is amazing

« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2017, 12:20:41 PM »
Stunning. A towering achievement in the annals of television. Posh baked beans and all.

Shameless Custard

• PAUSE FOR THE JET
    • My RUBBISH
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2017, 12:23:06 PM »
Even the peppers falling over as they went in the oven had me hooting

And him rifling through his guests' bags, looking for wine, so he wouldn't have to use his own

« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2017, 12:31:12 PM »
Oh shit, he dedicated the wanking song to her. He sang along. He pointed to her. Iesu Grist.

I was surprised that he didn't ask her to spit the cherry stones into his mouth. While copping a feel, obvs.

Morrison Lard

• the author of The Story of Magic
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2017, 12:59:45 PM »
Watching it on more 4+1, and that beardy fella was banging on about being a psychic.
The three women were hanging on his every word,
our man Chris just sat there hacking away at a loaf not arsed, bread mate. Dressed as a sailor.

« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2017, 01:58:34 PM »
Well that was kinda cruel viewing because yeah, deffo on some sort of spectrum.  Can't understand why anyone thought he was playing a character.  Still, it could have been worse, at least they were being nice to him, which helped.  The "I THINK OF YOU AND 'AVE A DIRTY GREAT WANK" song was a definite and very literal watchfingers moment though.  Amazed his mates were willing to do it, I'm guessing the producers may have arm-twisted them.  Either that or they're as odd as Chris is, or simply cruel.

I went on and watched the last episode too, which was a lot of fun.  Wish I'd seen the whole week now.  I remember now why I stopped watching CDWM (having found it far too late), it's because I loved the 5x30m format, I hated it when they tried to cram four people into an hour.

I'm sure I've seen that last woman (the part-time care worker / nude life model / kinky sex worker) before somewhere... the mind boggles as to where, though.  (No, not in person!  Maybe she's done some other telly too.)

I'm afraid I couldn't resist checking out his Twitter (https://twitter.com/hiller1892 -- warning, there's at least one massively NSFW picture on it) and most of it was fairly mundane and not even as tragic as I was fearing (although he's not posted since December 2013, so that does worry me a bit), but this did make me laugh:

If I punch a Swan in the Face, will I get trialled for treason?? Cause I'd really like to punch one square in the Jaw!!! #Bloodyhateswans

:-)  I now have visions of him having been chased by a swan through his local park.

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2017, 01:32:59 AM »
God this is annoying. 3 pages of people saying this is the best thing you'll see in your life, and nothing I do will let me into the C4 site, just the endless buffering circle when I try to register.

Ham Bap

• I’m a ham bap.
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2017, 08:07:57 AM »
This is on All4 for the next 30 days. It's easy to find in there, catch-up and yesterday. Watching it now, seen it before.

doppelkorn

• I just can't stop thinkin about the film Space Jam
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2017, 08:59:43 AM »
It never disappoints.

Cuellar

• She was having sly love with a midnight creeper
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2017, 09:44:58 AM »
Meh, he's a bit odd yeah, but that's Salisbury for you.

It's not a PATCH on this cunt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-15x1e9io

buttgammon

• You can't trust a man what's made of gas
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2017, 10:50:14 AM »
I still feel genuinely privileged to have seen this when it was first broadcast. It's not even a programme I really watch, it was just blind chance.

chocky909

• zzzzz
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2017, 11:30:28 AM »
I couldn't really enjoy this as much as I could've once I recognised that the guy was slightly autistic. He was very amiable but completely at the mercy of his powerful compulsion to save money. Nearly every action during the week was based around saving a few quid. I imagine seeing it with no preconceptions would've been a trip. Genuine character, not faked or even played up IMO.

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2018, 03:52:45 PM »
Does anyone know where to find this classic episode of Come Dine With Me (series 25 episode 139) or any from the Salisbury week first aired September 2012?

It's no longer on 4od/All4

Please help!

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2018, 05:14:57 PM »
I couldn't really enjoy this as much as I could've once I recognised that the guy was slightly autistic. He was very amiable but completely at the mercy of his powerful compulsion to save money. Nearly every action during the week was based around saving a few quid. I imagine seeing it with no preconceptions would've been a trip. Genuine character, not faked or even played up IMO.

Is this a fairly common cause for being a joyless miser then? I know someone who is tighter than two coats of paint and reckon part of the reason is most things give him no joy so he's utterly unwilling to spend cash on them. He is really tight though, to the point his tightness often costs him more in the long run.

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2018, 05:19:42 PM »
I really really want to see this.

« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »
Anyone got a working link to watch it?

« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2018, 06:37:20 PM »
On a related note, I'd love to find an episode of Dinner Dates I saw once that had a scene where it cut suddenly to the two daters sitting in the corner of a dingy room, he on the guitar and she warbling "The Bare Necessities".

It was so unexpected and surreal that I laughed so much I was very nearly sick.

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2018, 06:45:40 PM »
Does anyone know where to find this classic episode of Come Dine With Me (series 25 episode 139) or any from the Salisbury week first aired September 2012?

It's no longer on 4od/All4

Please help!

I looked on the only UK-specific tracker site I'm a member of but they don't have anything from 2012, sorry.

newbridge

• Endless Summer of George
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2018, 06:53:23 PM »
It used to be on YouTube, I can't find it anymore though.

« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2018, 09:58:19 PM »
I love it when one of his peppers stuffed with baked beans and "posh cheese" falls over in the oven

I dont think I could have eaten all his shit. Particularly since he skimped on the booze.