Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:05:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New and upcoming movies / documentaries (trailers etc)

Started by surreal, August 21, 2016, 11:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McChesney Duntz

Just watched it yesterday on Amazon Video.  But I'm in the States, so that information may be of no help to you whatsoever.

Glebe

Quote from: Glebe on September 23, 2016, 04:26:59 PMAudrey and Daisy.

Looks like one of those documentaries that'll make your blood boil...

Tori Amos on Crafting an Original Song for the Heart-Breaking Documentary 'Audrie & Daisy'.

I only know some of Amos' early stuff, but she's a fantastic songwriter.

Quote from: Johnny Textface on September 29, 2016, 11:42:17 AMAnyone know if De Palma is available anywhere that's legit?

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on September 29, 2016, 10:44:38 PMJust watched it yesterday on Amazon Video.  But I'm in the States, so that information may be of no help to you whatsoever.

It's just out in the UK/Ireland, but I dunno when we're getting a home media release.

Glebe

Jackie teaser.

Looks a bit darker and stranger than your average Hollywood biopic. Meanwhile, Aardman have a new movie on the way - but we'll have to wait a bit:

Early Man is in Production!

Glebe

The Monster.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but it could be alright...

Quote from: Glebe on September 11, 2016, 11:44:34 PMTerrence Malick's forthcoming IMAX doc Voyage of Time really deserves it's own thread, but seeing as how I'm none too au fait with Malick's filmography (for shame!), I'm not really the right person to start it... anyhoo, here's some trailers and a featurette. Looks gorgeous:

Voyage Of Time: The IMAX Experience trailer.

Trailer #1.

Trailer #2.

IMAX® Presents: Voyage of Time.

Couple of articles if yer bothered:

'Voyage of Time' VFX Supervisor Dan Glass on Working with Terrence Malick.

'Voyage of Time' Producers on the Epic Film's 40-Year Journey to the Screen.

Glebe

I'm not sure pumping house music exactly gels with Herzog, but nevertheless I'm looking forward to that.

Glebe

Dunno if this'll be any good, but here's the trailer for Ordinary World, starring Green Day's Billy Joe Armstrong... plus here's Green Day's theme song from the film and an interview with Armstrong.

Glebe

Pepotamo1985

Quote from: clingfilm portent on September 11, 2016, 03:49:23 PM
Has anyone seen Tickled yet?

Bit late to the party on this but I have and it were fucking boss.

I was disappointed by it.
Spoiler alert
The overdramatised music really seemed to lend a lot of weight to the story, only for it to really peter out a towards the end, with no kind of resolution at all. Couldn't believe how obvious it was in retrospect who Jane O' Brien was.
[close]

Dr Rock

Naomi Wolf, my FB friend, has just seen Michael Moore's new film Trumpland. She's not impressed:

QuoteNaomi Wolf
18 mins ·
Just watched Trumpland, Michael Moore's new film about the election... Moore was there...I feel it is a fully 'embedded' valentine to Hillary that echoes campaign talking points and I am worried about this abandonment of critical independence by one of the last independent US voices...disturbingly, .Moore said in the Q and A that the world 'likes us a little more' post Bush...don't ask the Pakistani drone victims who can't send their kids to school any more about that quote....and he had a truly disturbing fantasy in the film about Hillary Clinton descending on 'twenty terrotists' with Delta Force and slashing their throats in a 'badass' way...which is just the kind of attitude and extrajudicial killing that is part of why the world actually doesn't like us more....I asked him if he had coordinated with the campaign as the script so closely follows the campaigns talking points (and Hillary's equally slavish biography). And if so, should he disclose, as s journalist? He denied coordinating with the campaign.
I am not sure finally what the background is...the Clintons are masters at getting things influenced without direct fingerprints...Moore himself may not know how directly he was influenced. I am always sad to see how easily critics are won over by a White House dinner, or direct compliments from a President or First Lady, both of which Moore acknowledged. By the way, no, the President doesn't have any idea what that episode was on the TV show that Moore produced, that Clinton raved about in the White House line. There are little minions with notes who stand near the President whispering in their ears, so they can say, 'Naomi Wolf! The Beauty Myth! I loved that book'... or whatever. Means zero.
I do regret this uncritical love letter, that didn't mention the gross abuses of humanity and civil rights under Obama, or under Mrs Clinton as Secretary of State... from a formerly independent critical voice....

biggytitbo

This is ultimately going to be the role Trump plays in this election. He's like a squeaky toy you use to distract a dog whilst someone goes in and eats it's puppies.

Glebe

The Ivory Game.

I think the full movie might be a bit too depressing for mine eyes.

Glebe

New trailer for Jackie.

Also, AICN in being whiney liberals shocker over new Patriot's Day trailer:

Peter Berg's Boston Marathon Film PATRIOTS DAY Trailer Is Pretty Disturbing.

QuoteAhoy, squirts! Quint here. I have decidedly mixed feelings about this trailer. The Boston Marathon bombing is very fresh in our collective consciousness which means a movie about it has the ability to do two things: help us heal from the attack and/or focus our fear and hatred on some vague thing responsible for it.

Peter Berg's a great shooter, so of course this trailer looks like a million bucks. I worry that the majority of his audience isn't going to see the hunt for the bombers as stopping two lunatics from hurting other people and focus instead on the scary secretive Muslims.

I know this is coming across as super whiny liberal stuff and I realize there's a real threat out there that our brave men and women in uniform (blue and camo) fight to protect us from every day, but I worry this thing is doing nothing but fanning the flames of suspicion and hate at a time when anti-Muslim and anti-"other" sentiment is at its height.

It's the interrogation scene in the trailer that really gets to me. It's right out of 24, but without some fake plot about a nuke going off in LA, New York or DC... and, you know, about something that really happened. Plus it's weird that a greenband trailer gets to use the word "shit" I guess because yay America?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about profanity in trailers, just struck me as an odd pass by the MPAA.

Maybe I'm a little too raw about the hate-crimes that have happened (the real ones, not the few bullshit stories that were faked for attention) and am projecting that onto this trailer, but it does feel like a step too far for me, personally, at the moment.

Glebe

Magicians Life in the Impossible Official Trailer (HD).

Look's interesting.

Fullmetal Alchemist teaser.

I've only ever seen one episode of the anime, but this seems well made. I like the big mechanical dog monster thingy.

Glebe

The Comedian.

Dated and not funny. Still, it's like to see De Niro reunited with Keitel - along with Danny DeVito and Billy Crystal.

Fences trailer #2.

I dunno if I'll get round to seeing this, but hopefully it's good and not shite.

KennyMonster

THE COMING WAR ON CHINA - A NEW PILGER FILM FOR TV AND CINEMA

John Pilger's new film - The Coming War on China - will be in UK cinemas from Monday 5 December 2016 and on ITV at 10.35pm on Tuesday 6 December.

http://johnpilger.com/articles/new-john-pilger-film-the-coming-war-on-china

http://johnpilger.com/videos/trailer-the-coming-war-on-china

Glebe

A Fat Wreck trailer.

I've long been aware of NOFX and a couple of the other bands mentioned, but I never bothered checking them out.

Oh yeah, also:

Donnie Darko re-release trailer.

Looks like the new Baywatch film is a straight-up comedy. Like Police Academy on sand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ5tqzw841s

BlodwynPig

Quote from: thecuriousorange on December 09, 2016, 04:40:17 PM
Looks like the new Baywatch film is a straight-up comedy. Like Police Academy on sand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ5tqzw841s

Sounded like Obama doing the voiceover at the beginning.

Head Gardener