Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:39:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Playstation Now coming to PC

Started by lazarou, August 24, 2016, 03:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazarou

And it's coming a lot sooner than you'd think. Reports are that it's hitting Europe today, with a US release not long after. There's also finally going to be a proper official adapter for using your Dualshock 4s on PC, which is nice.

Not a bad idea, this, might finally give me a chance to have a bash at a few of the major exclusives I missed last gen (TLOU, mostly). Yeah it'll be very dependent on your connection speed and probably prone to a bit of lag, but for most of those older 30fps-locked games that could be fairly negligible. Just hope they can figure out a sensible price for the service, as I doubt anyone's going to want to pay more than $10 a month, or preferably less.

For all its potential problems, I'm glad they're giving this a go. It's a smart way to give a new lease of life to some old titles, and adding PC support seems like a smart move to drag some folks in who might not usually dabble in the whole console business.

Anyone been giving the service a go on their consoles before, is it any cop?

MojoJojo

Ah great, gives me a chance to play the Uncharted games without getting another bit of junk under the tele.

Consignia

Quote from: lazarou on August 24, 2016, 03:35:42 PM
Anyone been giving the service a go on their consoles before, is it any cop?

I beta tested it, and I wasn't really impressed. The input lag is low, but it's there. You also get loads of obvious compression artifacts in the video, which is a bit irking.

I mean, it's technically impressive what's been achieved, I just wouldn't pay for it.