Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:07:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ringu

Started by aboutlastnight, November 09, 2004, 06:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: "BetaKarraTene"I can only hope the original Tartan release is still available.

http://playcom.at/cookdandbombd?DURL=http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=91186&p=57&g=72

Lt Plonker

The mirror bit in Ringu 2 shit me up proper. As did the hands over the balcony bit.

I thought I'd conquered by fear of these films, but I watched some of it the other night and couldn't look at my TV for ages afterwards.

It's strange. Nowadays I am very sceptical about ghosts. I don't believe in them.

However, I like to be scared, by these kinds of films.

You might notice the poster for the recent Sam Raimi remake of the grudge is identical to the original poster for the ring.

I watched the original Grudge the other week, its definitely disturbing but the plot was very disjointed and sketch like, it made no sense at all. As a remake it's a very interesting one - Mister Raimi hired the original director and from the clips I've seen he's done it as a shot for shot remake - its even set in Japan - infact all they've done is convert the dialogue to english and replace the main character with Sarah Michelle Gellar (you remember, that blonde chick off buffy who used to regularly top the FHM top 100 sexiest women until we all came to our senses and realised she was quite ugly.)

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Munday's Chylde"he's done it as a shot for shot remake - its even set in Japan - infact all they've done is convert the dialogue to english and replace the main character with Sarah Michelle Gellar

Nah, it's definitely not a shot-for-shot remake. And not all of the dialogue is in English; buffy speaks Japanese. She doesn't even replace the main character from the original. Her character is new.

Quote from: "fanny splendid"
Quote from: "Munday's Chylde"he's done it as a shot for shot remake - its even set in Japan - infact all they've done is convert the dialogue to english and replace the main character with Sarah Michelle Gellar

Nah, it's definitely not a shot-for-shot remake. And not all of the dialogue is in English; buffy speaks Japanese. She doesn't even replace the main character from the original. Her character is new.

I see. Well I did base it all on the one clip I'd seen (the security guard on the monitor entering the room, coming out again and being engulfed by the big black shadow)

Frinky

Well, I just watched Ringu on my own in dark room with a good soundsystem, and left nonplussed.

I'm not saying this to be a cunt - maybe I hyped it up too much for my own good. The american remake did seem "darker" so I might well go have a look at that now, instead.

Tomorrow:

Ju-On

And then Family Guy seasons 2 and 3 back to back. £9 a box set? Thankyou!

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Damn it, it's happened again. Thanks to all this talk of the ring films, I've gone and ordered them off sendit.com. I suppose if I don't like them I could give them away as an xmas present, but you should all feel very bad for forcing me to do things with your words.