Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:06:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jon Gaunt breaks down on air

Started by peteprodge, August 28, 2016, 12:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peteprodge

Skip to about 7:06 in this clip from the first 10 minutes of a Jon Gaunt podcast recorded back in April or May. (Actually, listen to the whole thing, it's an incredible eye-opener into Gaunty's world.)

The former BBC/talkSPORT radio presenter, who got sacked from FUBAR Radio (the station that even gave a lifeline to Justin Lee Collins, FFS), now does this daily podcast thing called talk2meradio - supposedly his own online 'radio station', from a converted hospital by the side of the M4 motorway in Brentford. A far-right Alan Partridge.

Anyway, the bit I've told you to skip to, is unintentionally funny. Literally screeching at a tweeted complaint and then moaning how hardly anyone is listening.

Oh, and the company he's set this all up under, is now 15 grand in the red. Couldn't happen to a better bigot.

HappyTree

But the thing is, Gary, people like me haven't got a voice.

PowerButchi

Jon Gaunt is the worst brrrrroadcaster in bri'un. He is also a bully on social media who has in the past contacted employers of people who have disagreed with him to get them sacked. He has also made threats of violence on social media against those who do not follow his views and argue with him, despite claiming he is a massive believer in free speech. He also appears to be incapable of keeping a good working relationship with anyone else who has had dealings with ShoutAtMeRadio. There's a couple of threads on Talkforum.co.uk which expose his behavior pretty well.

Custard

QuoteJon gaunt ‏@jongaunt  6h6 hours ago
This ban on "blacked-up" Morris dancers is an attack on #freespeech !

Lovely bloke

His Twitter is surreal. Just him repeating the same two things over and over. You can almost smell the sweat

https://twitter.com/jongaunt

biggytitbo

Doesn't look very gaunt to me. If anything looks like he could do with losing some weight.

BritishHobo

Haha it's not even someone slagging him off, just a bloke saying the app isn't working! Incredible.

Custard

"Don't bother me with trivialities"

What, not being able to listen?

Why does he roll all his r's?

Maurice Yeatman

At 28 seconds - "Who will speak for England?" - he sounds like Stewart Lee's Pliny the crow. 

And you can hear him over-salivating throughout. Mad Spittle-Fleck Central. 

I wish him well.

Van Dammage

Sorry David but you've wound me right up

Shaky

Wish I hadn't looked at his Twitter account. What a fuck.

biggytitbo

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Maurice Yeatman on August 28, 2016, 01:38:57 AM
At 28 seconds - "Who will speak for England?" - he sounds like Stewart Lee's Pliny the crow. 

And you can hear him over-salivating throughout. Mad Spittle-Fleck Central. 

I wish him well.

During his breakdown too.

Bhazor

koeman

Shaky

He looks like the kind of man Paul Ross would have sex in a carpark with during a drug fueled rage.

Howj Begg

Who will speak up for the blacked-up Morris dancers if not Gouty?

Buelligan

Does anyone know why this charmless man has an Anemone coronaria superimposed on his picture?

I have a sneaking suspicion that the stupid twat thinks it's a field poppy, Papaver rhoeas, for ARE BRAVE BOYS.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Gaunty is a bad human being.

Every utterance of his makes the world worse.

Jakey Chesterton

Sounds like Legend Gary's dad doing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIW9sL-Yf6Q&t=1m0s

"Have you seen the way that FLIEEEZE cong-ge-regate around a corpse!?!"

Puce Moment

I really enjoy how he rolls his Rs like Morrissey.

daf

Quote from: Maurice Yeatman on August 28, 2016, 01:38:57 AM

AAAARK Eggxtremist like a birds egg AAAARK

Fabian Thomsett

Where did he record this? His shed?

Bit of a depressing thought - a man going down to his shed of a morning to shout at some bloke on twitter.

popcorn

Quote from: Fabian Thomsett on August 28, 2016, 02:17:00 PM

Bit of a depressing thought - a man going down to his shed of a morning to shout at some bloke on twitter.

It's what I spend all my time doing but with CaB instead of radio :(

PowerButchi

Here's "lost" audio from a TalkSPORT Clash of the Titans special of A1 debater, King of Frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrree Speech, and Best brrrrrrrrrrrrrroadcaster in Brrrrrrrrrrrrri'un, Jon Gaunt refusing to share a debating platform with fellow TalkSPORT presenter George Galloway as he definitely wasn't scared of coming off second best.

http://www.masterton.co.uk/2011/11/a-freedom-of-speech-issue/

Fabian Thomsett

Jon: I'm going down to the studio to do my radio show.

Wife of Jon BEAMS

WoJ: Hopefully you'll have more listeners today.

Jon: Well, can't be worse than yest...oh, of course I will. People want to hear what Gaunty says.

WoJ: Of course they do. Good luck Jon.

Jon: I TOLD you to call me Gaunty!

WoJ FACE FALLS

Jon: Ah, fuck it. Noone's interested any more.

WoJ: No, Gaunty, don't say that. It's just like in that film - some people can't handle the truth. You've just got to give them time.

Jon: You're right. They'll believe the truth when Gaunty says it.

WoJ: Course they will, Jon.

Jon: Gaunty.

WoJ: Gaunty.

Jon: Build it and they will come.

WoJ: That was another film, Jon.

Jon: Gaunty.

WoJ: Gaunty.

Jon and WoJ SMILE

WoJ: That bloke's coming to give us an estimate at eleven.

Jon: Okay.

WoJ: Jon, did you get rid of those Brexit leaflets like I asked you to?

Jon FACE DRAINS OF ALL EMOTION

Jon: Yes.

WoJ: Cos we have talked about those.

Jon: I got rid of them, okay? Stop bringing it up.

WoJ: You keep bringing it up.

Jon: I DON'T KEEP BRINGING IT UP! No more than...haven't got time for this now. I've got to get down to the shed.

WoJ: It's important to keep a seperation between life and work. Things can get unhealthy otherwise.

Jon: Thought I told you to call me Gaunty. I'll see you later.

Jon GOES OVER TO KISS WoJ. WoJ TURNS AWAY AND GOES TO UNLOAD THE DISHWASHER.

Jon, LOOKING FORLORN, EXITS VIA BACK DOOR.

Gurke and Hare

"With you for the next three hours..."

Three hours? You can't sustain this for three hours, surely?

greenman

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 28, 2016, 12:32:15 AM
Doesn't look very gaunt to me. If anything looks like he could do with losing some weight.

You can almost sense the Plantagenet fury.

Funcrusher

Quote from: Fabian Thomsett on August 28, 2016, 02:17:00 PM

Thanks to the poster above alluding to the talk forum, I had to go there and read the thread. You would think that the Gauntster would have the sense to do a podcast from a spare room in his house or the garden shed, but apparently he has got and burnt through 70 grand converting a building in Brentford into his studio, to make a podcast that makes no money. Apparently he is considering changing the time of the podcast so he can get cheaper off peak fares when travelling to said studio.