Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:13:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mouses (mice?), touchpads, keyboards, all that kind of shite

Started by hewantstolurkatad, August 30, 2016, 04:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hewantstolurkatad

What ones do you use? Have you ever bought any with pretty high hopes for it only to discover it's fucking shite?
Are some keyboards better than others?

I've an absurdly noisy touchpad built into my device so when I cant just use keyboard shortcuts, I find I have to use an external mouse. The fucker has been absolutely shite at pairing with my device though so I'm in the market for a new one. Anyone have any recommendations? Should I just stump up the money and buy something like an MX Master or a Magic Trackpad? It's looking like I might be doing a fair bit with Sketch and Photoshop in the not-so-distant future so that might be something that needs to be taken into consideration.

Why are all of these things still using those USB dongle things instead of just using bluetooth as default?

Twed

You might be interested in this thread: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,54346.0.html

I like the Apple touchpads and the Magic Trackpad. Every other trackpad device has been inferior to the point of being unusable in comparison.

hewantstolurkatad

Cheers, still can't see a keyboard really mattering too much to me. Trackpad seems like it could be revelatory though.

Is it possible to get either magic trackpad working on non apple devices? How portable do you find them (i.e. is it silly to think you could bring one around in your bag and use on trains and such?
I might be able to get the second one a bit cheap off a friend.
Magic Mouse seems a bit or a waste in money in comparison.

Twed

Magic Mouse sucks.

I don't remember the Magic Trackpad being portable, and I've never tried it on anything other than a Mac.

brat-sampson

I do really like my mechanical keyboard. While I wont claim it was as life-changing as some folks claim, it was a worthy upgrade after my old regular wireless one stopped responding properly. Picked up a nice Logitech mouse with a fancy scroll wheel too that I actually appreciate quite a lot. Also after this and my previous I would probably never go back to a mouse without a third physical button on the side within thumb reach, it's a really nice bonus for some programs/games.