Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,350
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:49:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Game of Thrones Series Seven

Started by Gurke and Hare, August 31, 2016, 09:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

It'll all be a daydream GRRM had while waiting to hear if he was going to get a job on the Star Trek TNG writing staff (he didn't). Complete with Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis trying to look 30 years younger and thinner (despite failing to even look 15 years younger and thinner in the Star Trek: Enterprise finale).

kidsick5000

Quote from: colacentral on August 31, 2017, 08:23:10 AM
http://www.avclub.com/a-scene-explaining-one-of-game-of-thrones-most-baffling-1798632257

Dunno if this is of any interest to anyone.

That makes sense, but also feels more stupid than they were working out some double cross from the start.
Though it does highlight the completely past-caring above human nonsense attitude of Bran.

Speaking of Bran and his possible ancient future self...
http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/news/a57279/game-of-thrones-army-formation-bran-night-king-clue/

Could be something. Could also be the effects crew having a tee-hee.

Cuellar

Mr Brightside

This is like when people see Jesus in a piece of toast.

Bhazor

Wait, "finale"? I thought there was another episode.

Oh and that formation is a shite wolf.

mothman

kidsick5000

Dex Sawash

reinded me about the arya/wolf reunion.  What was that about?

mothman

Quote from: FredNurke on September 02, 2017, 08:48:46 AM
I think you mean 'Braavos'.

Stannis: "Bravewer."

The finale felt a bit ham-fisted at times. Especially the segue from a vague offhand comment from Gilly which earlier in the season had been initially outright dismissed/ignored by Sam, to him knowing the full details and what it implies as soon as he meets Bran. I reckon they're setting up Tyrion's betrayal of Dany: thinking she can't have children, he's banking on his unborn niece/nephew being able to provide greater long-term  stability than Dany's childless reign. Something tells me the show isn't gonna be getting a triumphal happy ending...

NoSleep

That's another tick in the box for Jaime being the one who ends up on the throne (with Cersei's child his heir and Cersei conveniently out of the way due to dying during childbirth).

Clive Langham

But she's not meant to have any more kids, according to the prophecy.

Cuellar

I originally thought she was just lying to Jamie about being pregnant. Maybe she's lying to everyone about being pregnant.

NoSleep

Quote from: Clive Langham on September 02, 2017, 04:18:17 PM
But she's not meant to have any more kids, according to the prophecy.

Can't remember the exact words, but it could be that it didn't cover children that survived her own death. Nothing is beyond this team of hcrack writers anyway.

Clive Langham

I'm not sure, now I come to think about it, how seriously we're meant to take prophesies in the GOT universe. Obviously it's a universe where supernatural stuff - necromancy, zombies, visions, etc. - exists, but is there any evidence of anyone successfully predicting something where it couldn't be explained any other way? Maggy the Frog was right about the three kids and them all dying but I suppose that could have been a lucky guess. In a way I'd prefer it if all this "prince who was promised" stuff turned out to be a load of shit.

Mister Six

I think they fucked up a bit by not including all these prophecies and things earlier on. Season two even had that big red comet, but I don't think they mentioned any prophecies until season four or five - and even then I don't think they went into detail, did they?

Head Gardener

Gwen Taylor on ITV

Made me chuckle. Fencing Arya in particular.

Bhazor

Quote from: colacentral on August 31, 2017, 08:23:10 AM
http://www.avclub.com/a-scene-explaining-one-of-game-of-thrones-most-baffling-1798632257

Dunno if this is of any interest to anyone.

Quote"We actually did a scene that clearly got cut, a short scene with Sansa where she knocks on Bran's door and says, 'I need your help,' or something along those lines," Isaac Hampstead-Wright, who plays Bran on the show, says. "So basically, as far as I know, the story was that it suddenly occurred to Sansa that she had a huge CCTV department at her discretion and it might be a good idea to check with him first before she guts her own sister. So she goes to Bran, and Bran tells her everything she needs to know, and she's like, 'Oh, shit.'"

So, basically, Arya really did intend to kill Sansa, but changed her mind when Sansa offered up Littlefinger's throat for the slitting instead. And Bran knew, because he knows everything, but wasn't going to say anything until Sansa asked. And the show meant to explain all of this, but cut it in favor of Jon Snow's butt. Silver linings, we guess.

Wow. That actually makes the whole plotline way worse.

kngen

Quote from: Gwen Taylor on ITV on September 02, 2017, 06:16:32 PM
I mean.. those are really bad.

I dunno. I did wonder the fuck I was looking at until I saw the final one - and then I laughed

AsparagusTrevor

It's just Night King though innit.  No apostrophe S.

Golden E. Pump

The Roofdog

Quote from: Bhazor on September 02, 2017, 06:48:44 PM
Wow. That actually makes the whole plotline way worse.

It's the dumbest GoT plotline ever and somehow we only narrowly avoided it being even more stupid.

Norton Canes

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteSomething tells me the show isn't gonna be getting a triumphal happy ending...

Sorry but the way they've dragged this out I won't accept anything other than heroic and total victory or scorched earth end of days.

It's important there is no ongoing intrigue at all that would lead to more of this shit. End it. Fucking END IT.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 15, 2017, 02:12:01 PM
It's important there is no ongoing intrigue at all that would lead to more of this shit.

I think this is why discussions of season 7 tended to turn towards nit-picking. It's because it didn't give us much else to discuss.

In the past, there were conversations to be had about the game plans and motives of different characters. Did so-and-so make a good or a bad decision and how will this play out in the long term? Season 7 didn't provide that same food for thought. It was entertaining enough, no doubt, but it didn't provoke the same level of online discussion because most of its memorable moments were pure spectacle. People generally won't post in a thread to say, "I really liked the bit where my favourite dragon came down to burn the zombies."

Head Gardener