Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:18:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone else on Linkedin?

Started by Quincey, September 04, 2016, 05:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quincey

Does seem to be largely free of the spammy bollocks on Facebook. Have paid premium so I can use Lynda.com for online courses.

biggytitbo

I am and people I don't know are always trying to connect with me but I don't know why or what Linkedin even is.

momatt

I'm on it.
It's a shit and pointless spam-generator.

I know people who have got jobs through it though.

BlodwynPig

yes, largely shit unless you need a job and all other routes are exhausted.

BlodwynPig

"10 tips to greatness in business from CEO of BlarneyFuck Michael Jessling Singh MBI CAICO"

Twed

It's really good for discovering which people in your social circle genuinely love bullshit marketing-speak essays and TED Talks.

Dr Rock

Never did shit for me but I know someone who got head-hunted for an 80k job through it and they weren't even that qualified or nothing.

Spoon of Ploff

i too am on linkedIn... and yet I have never been offered a jobs. i think it might be broken

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

I got my job through it and am often called by headhunters to get new jobs because of it.

Dex Sawash

I use it to determine  if I am in some idiot wanker's address book...

"Some idiot wanker wants to connect w/you on linked in"

Ian Drunken Smurf

Have been on it for years - but its use as an in-house translator is less and less. A good way to stalktrack your friendsexes (they might defriend you on facebook but are less likely to remove you on linkedin). In the German-speaking world it also seems practically mandatory to be on Xing too.

I know a few people on linkedin with an obscene number of contacts - for me the contact needs to be personal (as a result a lot are from my previous job). To keep the number of contact requests done I changed the address I had the account associated with - before I had so many requests from people who had my gmail address (used to get requests to contact women who I'd dated from a dating site (from back in the day when people didn't have 'disposible' e-mail addresses just for that purpose)).

bomb_dog

I'm on there.

Do you know how many dead people are on linked in?
All of them.

doppelkorn

I use it but literally just keep a profile up for recruiters/headhunters to find. I also have job alerts set up so I get emails every few days with new vacancies.

The problem is, people obviously search by keyword so you get recruiters contacting you asking if you want to do the exact same job at another company. It's kind of hard to branch out.

I don't actively use it to post or read stuff on the news feed thing, because it's the most painful stream of bollocks ever created by man.