Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:50:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Good, free animation tools and tips please?

Started by Hangthebuggers, September 05, 2016, 08:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangthebuggers

Currently arsing around with Blender, Inkscape and hitfilm express. Slowly teaching myself some basics here and there.

Still struggling to find a decent 2d animation package though (without paying).

Also has any got any go-to websites that can help me develop my skills with such software.

Thanks

olliebean

OpenToonz is professional 2d animation software, as used by Studio Ghibli, now open source and hence free. Probably a bit of a learning curve, but lots of tutorials on YouTube.

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: olliebean on September 05, 2016, 08:59:21 AM
OpenToonz is professional 2d animation software, as used by Studio Ghibli, now open source and hence free. Probably a bit of a learning curve, but lots of tutorials on YouTube.

Had a quick go with opentoonz last night. Kind of got frustrated with the palette system - a few bugs too. It seems it's difficult to save presets and palettes and have to manually arse about with the colours every time you want to change something. Plus it doesn't seem to update the colours in the view screen or indeed real time.

I think it was built for a slightly different purpose and then later modified to what it is now, thus making it a bit of a headache and not at all intuitive or user friendly.

Thanks for the suggestion though...

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Vectorian Giotto is a free version of Adobe Flash. I've not used it myself, but it look to be pretty much identical.