Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:19:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Free movie editing software - help needed

Started by Black Ship, September 14, 2016, 10:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Ship

Can anyone help me?

I'm doing my Youtube channel in earnest and I would like someone to point me in the direction of some free, easy to use video editing software, that can get me started.

If anyone could recommend some software for a beginner, because I'm having to one shot things off my webcam and if I make a mistake late on in a shoot that's my whole video crapped.

Pseudopath

DaVinci Resolve? Doesn't have anything in the way of special effects or whizzbang transforms, but if you want a decent linear video editor with Hollywood-level colour grading, you can't go far wrong.

Or just use Windows Movie Maker like everyone else on YouTube.

Guy

Very recent topic on this exact subject.

My recommendation of Videopad in there should do what you need, I reckon.

Black Ship

Quote from: Pseudopath on September 14, 2016, 10:28:17 PM
DaVinci Resolve? Doesn't have anything in the way of special effects or whizzbang transforms, but if you want a decent linear video editor with Hollywood-level colour grading, you can't go far wrong.

Or just use Windows Movie Maker like everyone else on YouTube.

Erm, I don't think you cleared your copy/paste function

Pseudopath

Quote from: Black Ship on September 14, 2016, 10:56:29 PM
Erm, I don't think you cleared your copy/paste function

Ha ha! You've got to love that colour grading though! Here's the actual link: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve