Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:35:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Train To Busan (2016)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, September 24, 2016, 01:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

This Korean horror flick has been described as a Snowpiercer meets 28 Days Later, but that's a bit unfair as Snowpiecer is incredibly ace whilst this is only really good. It's played very straight and realistically as a zombie outbreak takes place on a train (and the rest of the world, though we don't see much of that side of things), and it's pleasingly gory and sometimes disturbing stuff, especially as our group of survivors don't really have any weapons with them. They play around with the morality theme a bit too much, the music occasionally borders on melodramatic and the business man in his suit and tie is a bit of an OTT villain, but they're minor complaints. This is really all about the tension and the visuals, and on those fronts it definitely delivers.

Apparently they've also made an animated prequel film, it's not yet been released but more info and the trailer is here: http://www.indiewire.com/2016/09/seoul-station-trailer-train-to-busan-prequel-animated-zombies-yeon-sang-ho-1201730042/

lazarou

A bit more on it here. But yes, I agree. I didn't mind the broad strokes they took with the characterisation when the actual action was so strong.

Small Man Big Horse

Oops, missed that completely, sorry about that.