Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:53:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recommend a screen recording application anyone?

Started by mr rou-rou, February 17, 2004, 01:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr rou-rou

Hi,

as the title suggests, I want to make some training videos for work, or training mpegs or training .avi's.

I want something to record my movements about the screen while I add a narrative via a mic, if any of you whores can recommend any?

I can google some up but there might be a whore out there that has done this before,

ta

JJJJH

For Mac there's Snapz Pro. Very good app from what I can remember. Ambrosia Software make some cracking utilities.

peet

You could try Camtasia studio, I found this when I was searching for a program to screencap frames from film AVIs ('SnagIt' which looks quite handy). Haven't attempted to 'buy' it yet, but you can try it free for 30 days.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Do Lotus still do "Screencam", and is it any good?

Quote from: "peet"You could try Camtasia studio, I found this when I was searching for a program to screencap frames from film AVIs ('SnagIt' which looks quite handy). Haven't attempted to 'buy' it yet, but you can try it free for 30 days.

Just that I'd second this choice of applications.  Both are from the same company (Techsmith) but SnagIt seems to be the more intuitive to setup (but again I've only been using the trial versions here)... it appears the Camtasia Screen Recorder wants to splash "This is a trial version" in the centre of the capture... the SnagIt trial won't do this.  SnagIt has a nicer/happier interface, with custom presets.

5 Knuckle Shuffle

There's a plugin called Wink that will do this in Vegas Video. I know it's a bit of much application to be able to do this one specific thing, but it does work.
http://www.debugmode.com/wink/