Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:17:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Royal Family Watch

Started by Alien Or Sutin, September 27, 2016, 11:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Attila

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 19, 2018, 02:19:53 PM
Its not UK-born, but you can put your address as her address too as well as the same e-mail.

That's what I did :)

She'd go nuts if mine gets chosen; she's already shopping for hats. I've been trying to get her to watch the Windsors; even sent her the dvd.

I used my doctor-title, too (which normally I only use for buying plane tickets, dunno it amuses me to).dunno if that gives me an advantage.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on July 18, 2018, 09:53:09 PM
I never found Diana much to look at tbh, Kate though... yum

Diana wasn't a great beauty (and I never understood why her frumpy haircut was copied so much) but she had a ton of charisma. Kate's more like a creepy and sexless Stepford Wife. Young Kurvy Kate had a kind of Philippa Forrester thing going on but that's since been knocked right out of her. It's not her fault- she was designed that way by committee.

I think Syoots looks good and really stylish, but it's only a matter of time before she's broken in and ends up a husk of her former self, hidden away under a succession of ghastly chintz frocks.

I just imagine Beatrice and Eugenie to be exactly like they're portrayed on The Windsors- stupid but fun. I hope those people who get tickets to the wedding get plied with loads of that George Clooney-endorsed tequila.

Blue Jam

On the subject of Diana's looks, Vic Reeves' impersonation of her on Shooting Stars will haunt me forever. It's the eyeliner and the doe eyes... It's a bit too good...

BlodwynPig

Diana was anti-beauty. Prince Charles in drag essentially.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 19, 2018, 11:09:44 PM
Diana wasn't a great beauty (and I never understood why her frumpy haircut was copied so much) but she had a ton of charisma. Kate's more like a creepy and sexless Stepford Wife. Young Kurvy Kate had a kind of Philippa Forrester thing going on but that's since been knocked right out of her. It's not her fault- she was designed that way by committee.

I think Syoots looks good and really stylish, but it's only a matter of time before she's broken in and ends up a husk of her former self, hidden away under a succession of ghastly chintz frocks.

I just imagine Beatrice and Eugenie to be exactly like they're portrayed on The Windsors- stupid but fun. I hope those people who get tickets to the wedding get plied with loads of that George Clooney-endorsed tequila.

Flip Forrester in boots, one of the wonders of the world.

Blue Jam

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 20, 2018, 02:12:08 AM
Flip Forrester in boots, one of the wonders of the world.

Oh Kate, what happened?

Good strong pins as well, I think she'd be much happier getting all jolly hockey sticks than starving herself and being a clothes horse.

I really am intrigued to see what The Firm end up doing to Syoots. I shall be watching in horror.

Blue Jam

Not topical but I just saw this on Facebook and hadn't seen it before:

It's a misquote apparently but the actual quote isn't exactly pleasant either:

QuoteI just wonder what it would be like to be reincarnated in an animal whose species had been so reduced in numbers than it was in danger of extinction. What would be its feelings toward the human species whose population explosion had denied it somewhere to exist... I must confess that I am tempted to ask for reincarnation as a particularly deadly virus.

...or you could just stop your family shooting animals... What a lovely man.

Attila

This is why I want my pal to watch the Windsors -- I want to talk with her in super RP vocal fry.

Blue Jam

"I'm getting hitched, yah? It's gonna be totes amaaaaazzzze..."

I assumed that thing about Eugenie's fiance being a rep for George Clooney's tequila brand was made up for the show, but it's actually true. That's only marginally less useless than printing Instagram photos on marshmallows. These talentless posh sods all seem too dumb to live, how the hell do any of them manage to survive to adulthood? It takes more than mummy and daddy's money, surely?

paruses

It's started already:

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/lifestyle/style/i%e2%80%99ll-wear-the-royal-trousers-meghan-the-duchess-of-sussex-wants-to-wear-a-tux-just-like-princess-diana-on-their-tour-down-under-but-harry-gives-the-thumbs-down/ar-BBKYgHn?ocid=ientp

That tuxedo (it's not a tuxedo) worn by Diana is terrible.

Blue Jam

Oh dear... How long before Syoots goes shopping for her very own Revenge Dress and leopard-print swimsuit? How long before Prince Philip goes shopping for another white Fiat Uno?

paruses

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 27, 2018, 12:26:39 PM
Oh dear... How long before Syoots goes shopping for her very own Revenge Dress and leopard-print swimsuit? How long before Prince Philip goes shopping for another white Fiat Uno?

Nice dress but still with the hair!

Isnt Anything

BlodwynPig

she also seems to have gone full-crone.

Blue Jam

"Business Consultant"?" Oh my god, this is exactly like The Windsors- "Oh my god B, we're like, princesses, with jobs":

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45047574

I just can't help hearing vocal fry in every line...

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 02, 2018, 05:26:26 PM
"Business Consultant"?" Oh my god, this is exactly like The Windsors- "Oh my god B, we're, like,  princesses, with jobs":

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45047574

I just can't help hearing vocal fry in every line...

nice pooches

Blue Jam

I love their frank admission that being a royal with a job is unprecedented.

Blumf

Can't even be trusted with their own kids!!

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/bizarre-reason-why-meghan-and-harry-wont-have-custody-of-their-children/news-story/5070826afa1e1869db31304d4674bd3b
QuoteEven the most knowledgeable fan might not be aware of this, but according to royal historians, Prince William and Kate Middleton don't have legal custody of their own children.

That, in fact, belongs to the children's 92-year-old great-grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II.

"The sovereign has legal custody of the minor grandchildren," royal expert Marlene Koenig told news.com.au.

Blue Jam

Just like any normal five-year-old, Prince Damien McOmenface has attended his first grouse hunt. How sweet:

https://people.com/royals/prince-george-first-grouse-hunt-kate-middleton/

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 27, 2018, 01:14:41 AM
Just like any normal five-year-old, Prince Damien McOmenface has attended his first grouse hunt. How sweet:

Modernising the Royal Family Part 16.

Attila

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 27, 2018, 01:14:41 AM

Is 'grouse' one of those British words that would be something else in American ('peasant'? 'serf'? 'French person'?) like, 'lift' is for 'elevator'?yes, I know what grouse is.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Attila on August 27, 2018, 05:51:20 PM
Is 'grouse' one of those British words that would be something else in American ('peasant'? 'serf'? 'French person'?) like, 'lift' is for 'elevator'?yes, I know what grouse is.

gouse is a small peasant

Blue Jam

Attila

Mr Attila likes to watch the New Avengers over his tea in the evening (= Mr Attila likes to look at a young Joanna Lumley adjusting her suspenders and tights over his tea in the evening), and last night, the adverts seemed exclusively to alternate between long adverts for charity with loads of images of abused and neglected animals/children living in extreme poverty and notices about the royal-family-film-fest on Sunday because of Bants' birthday.

Cursus

Genuine headline in the Daily Mail:

Kate's little soldier: Prince George, 5, on the march as he steals the show at another wedding wearing military-style knickerbockers in periwinkle blue (but sister Princess Charlotte looks unimpressed)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6199275/Prince-George-steals-wedding-sister-Princess-Charlotte-looks-unimpressed.html

Ferris

^ripe for a bullying, this lad.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 24, 2018, 09:40:16 PM
^ripe for a bullying, this lad.

March 2019, Ferris hits the streets of downtown Toronto in silky knickerbockers and stockings!
It's all the rage

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 24, 2018, 09:43:05 PM
March 2019, Ferris hits the streets of downtown Toronto in silky knickerbockers and stockings!
It's all the rage

April 2019 - Blodz does the decent thing and bullies me out of it.