Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:49:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Royal Family Watch

Started by Alien Or Sutin, September 27, 2016, 11:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

IPSO have ruled that pictures of Beatrice on a boat breached her privacy. So enjoy them, you cunts.

Glebe

She's rubbing Yakult into her chest while filming it on a webcab, the dirty royal!

touchingcloth

I haven't read beyond the headline, and I don't plan to. If they follow the lead of their mummy and daddy, though, then simple aspirations are exactly what they're going to have.

What do you want to do when you grow up, little boy piss sack?

I want to fly helicopters, but not, like, fly them fly them.

And what about you, little girl piss sack?

I want to do charity work, but not, like, work work.

Blue Jam

^^^ I had been about to post that. I suppose Evil George won't need to have any aspirations as he's going to be king anyway, good idea to let Charlotte down gently though - "Sorry love, he's the heir and you're the spare, get used to it".

Blue Jam

Quote from: buttgammon on November 18, 2016, 01:43:15 PM
A few times recently, I've found myself feeling more positive that public opinion is changing against the monarchy but every time I start to feel optimistic, I recall the effect PR has had in the past and wonder what it would take for them to permanently lose the public's sympathies.

I'm not sure the royals really are that popular at the moment- I see a lot of positive stories about the royals, but underneath them I see lots of negative comments from disgruntled subjects. To me it seems that the royal PR machine has just massively ramped up its activity over the last ten years or so and is somehow getting media outlets to publish loads of sycophantic garbage, and to tone down coverage of the more sleazy and controversial stuff.

Over on the Royal Gossip forum there are suggestions that Kensington Palace monitor newspaper comments, and plenty of negative comments disappear from under Daily Mail articles, and "we are no longer accepting comments on this article" seems to appear very quickly whenever the comments are mostly negative.

I remember when the CoDmother turned 100 and the BBC filmed a seemingly big crowd of well-wishers outside Buckingham Palace, before other news outlets reported that the actual number was very low and the BBC had filmed the crowd to try and make it look bigger than it was. I see a lot of that still goes on- I'm proud to say that royal visits in Scotland seem particularly poorly-attended, but journalists will describe huge non-existent crowds rather than dare to admit that no-one really gave a toss about glimpsing a royal. I saw several pics from the India/Bhutan tour showed very sparse crowds, but I guess they had to be hidden for the royals to keep justifying the cost of these things.

I agree that Banter Harry is the royals' only asset at the moment. That's why he keeps being wheeled out to join Baldy and Donothing on their charity visits- the palace know they're unpopular and need all the help they can get. They must have thought their PR work would do itself after the last royal wedding when everyone thought the royal couple were a great bunch of lads, but Wills'n'Waity simply haven't turned out to be the photogenic, charismatic, down-to-earth modern royals they had hoped for.

On the subject of the PR machine, I do find it odd that Charles apparently refused to give Beatrice and Eugenie full-time royal roles because he thought that having two more people on the royal payroll would affect his popularity- does he really think that a £369 million renovation of a palace won't dent the popularity of the royals? I suppose with the palace they can at least pretend they're doing it for our benefit, maybe the renovation is just easier to get away with than granting Andrew and Fergie's kids an allowance to spend on more horrible frocks.

Attila

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 19, 2016, 06:21:06 PM

And what about you, little girl piss sack?

I want to do charity work, but not, like, work work.

KEEP WRAPPING

Blue Jam

Attila

Thrusting out her lower jaw like FDR. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Glebe

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 19, 2016, 06:21:06 PMPrince William wants George and Charlotte to have 'simple aspirations'

£369 Buckingham Palace renovation.

Attila

Glebe

Quote from: Attila on November 21, 2016, 02:00:52 PM

"Sorry, it's just that I've never met one of 'your people' before."

Attila

Quote from: Glebe on November 21, 2016, 05:36:07 PM
"Sorry, it's just that I've never met one of 'your people' before."

I'm going to assume that Michelle is the one who said that and then quietly got the hell out of there.

The duchess looks as if she's auditioning for Clueless.

Blue Jam

Banter Harry's neverending gap yah continues:

Prince Harry in Antigua for 'formal but fun' Caribbean tour

QuoteThe prince will visit six countries where the Queen is head of state- Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Grenada, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, and St Vincent and the Grenadines

Nice work if you can get born into it...

QuoteA Kensington Palace source said the tour would have a "formal feel" but there would be "plenty of fun".

Quite right too- all that shagging Hollywood actresses has probably worn out the poor boy, he deserves a holiday. Don't work too hard, Banter!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The murderer should be spending his gap yah covered in mucus in a jail cell.

touchingcloth

Formal but fun Caribbean tour.

Formal but fun exclusive nanny service.

Formal but fun £369million palace refurb.

Formal but fun questions of ginger heredity.

Formal but fun hairplugs necesssary immediately.

Formal but fun useless mallow sibling.

Formal but fun gouted to fuck digits.

Formal but fun paedophilic regicide. 

Formal but fun guillotine fest.

Formal but fun Fiat Uno smashathon.

BlodwynPig

Appropriate wording from the telegraph describing her in-laws.

She looks GONE in that photo too.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Meanwhile, Banter Harry continues to work hard for us:

Also: BALDNESS, THY NAME IS BANTER:

Urinal Cake

I support Banter Harry and his efforts to repair the damage caused by colonialism through dance.

Blue Jam

The comments on the Daily Heil article are amusing- lots of people complaining that Gaston Browne, Prime Minister of Antigua, shouldn't have told Harry "You can have your honeymoon on Antigua LOL" and should have respected his privacy and behaved with a bit more decorum in the presence of a prince. FFS, the whole world has seen Harry's naked hairy ginger arse, it's a bit late for that now.

Attila

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 23, 2016, 06:49:19 PM

Why did they photoshop out the person who was Heimliching her?

touchingcloth

Kick their bloody teeth out.

Blue Jam

Just look at this one:

If five years of endless holidays, the odd film premiere, a few rugby matches and having their sprogs brought up by nannies has aged them this much then I take back any suggestion I may have made about forcing them to do some actual work- the poor lambs would self-destruct.

Then again, ATOS would probably still pass them as fit for work, unless they have a TOO INBRED TO WORK rubber stamp- and they probably do.

Mr Eggs

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/celebrity-news/princess-beatrice-cuts-ed-sheerans-face-with-a-sword-20161127-gsyq7s.html

So she was doing a comedy knighting routine on James Blunt and sliced Ed Sheeran up? Bollocks. She was harvesting Blunt's pointy little head and that ginger cunt stopped her.

QuoteBut, The Sun reported that when Princess Beatrice lifted the sword to tap him lightly on the shoulder, she accidentally swung it back, cutting Sheeran on the cheek.

Yeah. Right.

Phil_A

Looks like she's on the verge of cracking, Lucy Saxon style. It's like she's had a sudden realisation of the horror she's bought into the world. Maybe the Royal Handlers are keeping her dosed up after one too many screaming fits.

In that top picture she's thinking "One quick squeeze and I could end this now...just one..."

Blumf

... BREAKING NEWS ...     ... BREAKING NEWS ...     ... BREAKING NEWS ...     ... BREAKING NEWS ...     ... BREAKING NEWS ...

Rich waste of resources meets famous woman, TWICE IN ONE DAY!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38165415
QuotePrince Harry has met Barbados's biggest star, Rihanna, twice in a day at events marking 50 years of independence.

At an afternoon event in Bridgetown, Prince Harry kept the singer waiting as he stopped to greet the president of Guyana first, before turning to her.

Rihanna, who has had eight UK number ones and 29 UK top 10 hits, stood to greet the prince, who said: "Hello, it's very nice to meet you."

The pair later sat side-by-side on stage at a celebratory concert.

Twice!!!!

Most people you'd only meet once, but he managed to meet someone twice in the same day!!

Fucking amazing innit?!!

Mind blown!

... BREAKING NEWS ...     ... BREAKING NEWS ...     ... BREAKING NEWS ...     ... BREAKING NEWS ...     ... BREAKING NEWS ...

touchingcloth

If this thread achieves anything, it's that it makes you really lament Tommy Mair's paucity of ambition.

Blue Jam

Prince Harry shagging on our dime and lying to the press about it:

Prince Harry breaches Royal policy as he jets off to see Meghan Markle at end of Caribbean tour

QuotePrince Harry has risked criticism over the use of taxpayers' money after he flew to Canada to see his girlfriend Meghan Markle rather than returning to London after his Caribbean tour.

Kensington Palace had explicitly stated that the Prince, 32, would be flying straight back to London at the end of the tour, because he has public engagements in the UK to fulfil this week.

But instead, the Prince cancelled his seat on the British Airways flight home, and made a 1,700-mile detour to Toronto to see the woman from whom he cannot bear to be parted.

His trip was in contravention of official Palace policy that working visits should not be combined with personal travel.

Hmmm...

QuoteAlthough the Prince paid for his own ticket to Canada

Awwww, how sweet! I wonder where an unemployed soldier managed to find the cash... oh...

Quotethe cost of diverting at least one police protection officer to Toronto to guard him will be met by the taxpayer.

Also shagging on Canada's dime.

Lying to the press is not a good idea, Prince Banter- right now you workshy inbreds need all the good press you can get:

http://www.inquisitr.com/3778407/prince-harry-comes-under-scrutiny-for-romantic-canada-detour-to-visit-girlfriend-meghan-markle/

Blue Jam

Also, linked to in today's Popbitch email:

http://popbitch.com/home/2016/12/08/part-iii-battle-royal/

QuoteOn the same day that Harry made his statement about the press, his girlfriend, Meghan Markle, had some lawyers write to IPSO on her behalf, asking them to tell their members to back off. Her lawyers also warned that, in taking an interest in her life and her fledgling relationship, the Editor's Code was in serious danger of being breached.

They claimed that the UK media:
– "...is unfairly and wrongly creating a market for coverage and intrusive speculation about our client's private life"
– "...should not publish material obtained as a consequence of harassment (anywhere) whether outside the jurisdiction of UK"
– "...should not under any circumstances harass our client if and on any occasion she is visiting the United Kingdom"

Reading between the lines here, it seems that not only are the English media being held accountable for any harassment that Meghan and her family suffer when they're in the UK, they're being held accountable for any harassment they endure anywhere.

Basically this was a warning that if any photographer or publication anywhere in the world writes anything bad about her, or attempts to photograph her, then the UK is going to be blamed – so it's up to them to make sure it doesn't happen.

It's a smart, if slightly mafia-flavoured, move. You can't go after the US media because of that pesky First Amendment, so you head to Europe (where Article 8 of the ECHR protects a person's right to privacy) and you shake them down instead. You make the US media their problem. Rein them in, you say, or we'll hold you responsible for it.

Interesting stuff about IPSO, the body that replaced the PCC, in there too.