Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:09:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Royal Family Watch

Started by Alien Or Sutin, September 27, 2016, 11:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Prince Philip wasn't at church this morning because he decided he'd rather stay at home. It definitely wasn't  because he's ill.

DEAD SOON

Bazooka

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 25, 2018, 08:04:54 PM
Prince Philip wasn't at church this morning because he decided he'd rather stay at home. It definitely wasn't  because he's ill.

DEAD SOON

An inside source has stated he has just started playing Skyrim for the first time.

Attila

I wonder how Syoots felt that the Queen had a clip of Eugenie's wedding first before Bants & Syoots' merger (we scrutinise every detail of the speech for hidden messages).

Also, I have to admit, I like Kate's red hat today; no idea how to successfully Google one up. 'Red wool crownless hat' produces all sorts of things, but not that hat.

Attila

Useless anecdote: I've just spent the past week or so with my non-tosser brother here in Ocala, FL, and he's hooked in with a guy who's got a booth at a big flea market here in Marion County (my brother is a mechanic, and will ocassionally do auto parts shows and things like that, hence having a lot of interesting cronies).

Said crony has been doing this flea market for about 20 years or so, and when he met me sez, 'Hey, your brother says you came over here from England.'

Me: Yup, you are correct.

Him: You know I've got a coins stand at the big flea market, yeah?

Me: Ayup, I do.

Him: You'll never guess who ran the stand next to mine for about 15 years and in fact is one of my cronies.

Me: Nope, I don't.

Him: Samantha Markle.

Me: Get outta here.

Him: Yep -- I'm going out to her house later on this week -- tell your bro to bring you along.

Of course it's the day after I have to fly back.

touchingcloth

I met "prince" Phillip at a charity function. He was surprisingly down to earth, and very funny.

Attila

Meanwhile..Syoots showed up as patron of a charity whilst wearing a £5000 outfit. She's also now patron of the National Theatre.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Attila on January 10, 2019, 04:13:41 PM
Meanwhile..Syoots showed up as patron of a charity whilst wearing a £5000 outfit. She's also now patron of the National Theatre.

Good on her! Hip hip hooray! Who says the Royals don't work.

Blue Jam

Has there ever been a more disappointing headline than this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46912691

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 17, 2019, 06:36:27 PM
Has there ever been a more disappointing headline than this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46912691

QuoteThe duke retired from public life in August 2017.

Retired, but still causing havoc.

kalowski

Christ. Driving in that doddery state. How many people has he unknowingly killed?

imitationleather

Quote from: kalowski on January 17, 2019, 07:18:55 PM
Christ. Driving in that doddery state. How many people has he unknowingly killed?

Absolutely loads of women in the colonies with VD back in the day, allegedly.

hummingofevil

Next Royal gathering.

"I want to die like my grandad, peacefully in his sleep; not screaming and terrified like the Queen in the passenger seat." - Prince Harry

"Unhurt lad. Unhurt" - Prince Phillip

Everyone else looks around awkwardly.

Ferris

This execrable quote from a "royal biographer" is beyond belief. How could you say these things and look yourself in the mirror? I'm amazed the beeb published it uncritically.

"Some years ago he gave up flying planes long before he needed to because he was scared that if something happened there would be a lot of criticism. You know, why was he, at the age of 55, still flying a plane when he should have retired at 48 or something like that. So he does listen to these things - he's very, very sensible.

If anyone's involved in a car accident, it's quite a frightening thing. If he thought that he'd lost concentration or something or he hadn't seen somebody he would realise he's not up to it anymore."

Maybe he really believes that.

I also note that the rozzers breath-tested everyone at the scene for some reason (but claim everything was negative and the Lizardman was whipped back into his private terrarium at great speed, away from prying public servants). I wonder why.

Attila

It's all like some low-budget British take on Les Miserables.

Blue Jam

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 18, 2019, 12:08:52 AM
I also note that the rozzers breath-tested everyone at the scene for some reason (but claim everything was negative and the Lizardman was whipped back into his private terrarium at great speed, away from prying public servants). I wonder why.

I refuse to believe that one of the royal family has actually passed a breathalyser test. They're all pissheads- the CoD drinks Dubonnet for breakfast FFS.

Blue Jam

We've only gone and bought the decrepit old cunt a brand new Land Rover to crash into some more plebs:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46933739

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 19, 2019, 06:04:07 PM
We've only gone and bought the decrepit old cunt a brand new Land Rover to crash into some more plebs:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46933739

Reading this... there was a 9 month old infant in the other car?!

That wasn't included in the initial coverage, though I imagine it's a fairly key piece of information. Good on the member of the public for not beating the absolute shit out of him. I'd sue for emotional distress at the absolute least - no court in the land would say a pissed-up doddery 97 year old man has the unerring right to drive around injuring people. Try and get some of your taxes back from the public purse.

BlodwynPig

He doesn't give a fuck, sadly.

Bronzy

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 19, 2019, 08:16:38 PM
Good on the member of the public for not beating the absolute shit out of him.

To be fair, beating up a 97 year old man isn't a good look even at the best of times.

Ferris

Quote from: Bronzy on January 19, 2019, 11:16:15 PM
To be fair, beating up a 97 year old man isn't a good look even at the best of times.

For endangering (or possibly injuring/killing) your infant son? I imagine the red mist would descend.

Especially as he's upside down in a taxpayer Land Rover. You could say you did as a satire or something if you got caught.

Blue Jam

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 19, 2019, 08:40:20 PM
He doesn't give a fuck, sadly.

Indeed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46935721

QuoteEmma Fairweather, who broke her wrist in the crash, has told the Mirror the duke has not apologised.

A Palace spokesman said contact had been made with the occupants of the car to exchange "well-wishes".

Ms Fairweather told the Sunday Mirror that "I'm lucky to be alive and he hasn't even said sorry".

"It has been such a traumatic and painful time and I would have expected more of the Royal Family," she added.

She said she had not heard from the royal household but had got a call from a police family liaison officer.

"The message he passed on didn't even make sense. He said, 'The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered to you,'" she said.

"That's not an apology or even a well-wish."

He's also been given a rap on the knuckles for not wearing a seatbelt but that's it. These fuckers are untouchable.

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 19, 2019, 11:19:07 PM
Indeed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46935721

He's also been given a rap on the knuckles for not wearing a seatbelt but that's it. These fuckers are untouchable.

Until the lawsuit and his "sun blindness" is tested in court...

Bronzy

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 19, 2019, 11:19:03 PM
For endangering (or possibly injuring/killing) your infant son? I imagine the red mist would descend.

Especially as he's upside down in a taxpayer Land Rover. You could say you did as a satire or something if you got caught.

Being known as the person who battered the fuck out of Prince Philip would probably guarantee you a lifetime of abuse, I imagine.

Would be a great thing to put on your CV though.

Ferris

Quote from: Bronzy on January 19, 2019, 11:28:02 PM
Being known as the person who battered the fuck out of Prince Philip would probably guarantee you a lifetime of abuse, I imagine.

Would be a great thing to put on your CV though.

What, he got some extra bruises? His car is on its roof - you'd get off scot free. Though I think we've strayed from the point I was making.

Bronzy

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 19, 2019, 11:34:07 PM
What, he got some extra bruises? His car is on its roof - you'd get off scot free. Though I think we've strayed from the point I was making.

I now have this thought in my head of the person posting on Facebook "Just battered Prince Philip" and I am dying of laughter.

Ferris

Quote from: Bronzy on January 20, 2019, 12:33:02 AM
I now have this thought in my head of the person posting on Facebook "Just battered Prince Philip" and I am dying of laughter.

"Queen Elizabeth liked this!"

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bronzy on January 20, 2019, 12:33:02 AM

To be fair, it would probably lead to his demise, so not so bad after all.

Bronzy

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 20, 2019, 01:15:36 AM
To be fair, it would probably lead to his demise, so not so bad after all.

For him (and most people over the age of 97), death is probably the most humane thing that can happen.

Blue Jam

Hahahahaha...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-46944912

QuoteDebris said to be from a crash involving the Duke of Edinburgh was put up for sale on eBay.

Seller morbius777 said the debris was from the collision near King's Lynn, Norfolk, on Thursday.

The listing, which has now been removed, said it "may even have Phil's DNA on it, if you wanted to clone him".

Jeez, don't give Prince Edward ideas...

jobotic

Quote"The message he passed on didn't even make sense. He said, 'The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered to you,'" she said.

"That's not an apology or even a well-wish."

To me it sounds more like a threat.