Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:10:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Zapped

Started by Malcy, September 29, 2016, 09:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Just saw the trailer for this but can't find it online. Finally coming 13th Oct i think. Looks really good. Great cast and even a joke about
Spoiler alert
Donald Trump being a troll who escaped into our universe!
[close]

Replies From View

Yeah mate coming soon I reckon.  Along with ET and Blade Runner.

olliebean

First episode is online at uktvplay. Couldn't be arsed to watch more than half of it though. It just seemed utterly humdrum and pointless. Although I did chuckle at the Donald Trump joke.

Black_Bart

"Joanie loves Chachi, but Chachi hates the residuals."

Small Man Big Horse

Yeah this is poor. Looks decent enough and I like the cast a lot (well, bar Buckley who's okay but bland) but it's lacking in jokes, or jokes that are funny at least, and too many of the characters are often irritating.

Replies From View

doppelkorn

I saw some bits of this last night. It was not very good.

Does Paul Kaye just do that one character/voice now?

Malcy

It's ok. Laughs are thin on the ground but i enjoy it. Had thought it was only a 3 part series. Good to see Coogan make an appearance.

St_Eddie

I was left unconvinced after seeing the first episode but stuck with it anyway.  I'm glad that I did because I really enjoyed episodes 2 and 3.  Highlights for me included...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Sharon Rooney as Barbara, who I thought was excellent.  In fact, the whole cast were very good and it was nice to see James Buckley playing a less obnoxious character than Jay from The Inbetweeners (I love that show, I'm just saying that it's nice to see that he's not being typecast).

* The vault sequence from episode 2.  Slightly predicable but it had me smiling throughout, none the less.

* Steve Coogan; especially when he turned back to human form and casually said "alright", as he walked past the group.

* The mermaid being turned into an actual fish and the subsequent feast.  Echoes of Pinchy the lobster from The Simpsons there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for this to get commissioned for a full 6-part series.  Probably my toes too, considering that they left things on a cliffhanger! *grumble*

Malcy

Quote from: St_Eddie on November 07, 2016, 06:32:34 PM
I was left unconvinced after seeing the first episode but stuck with it anyway.  I'm glad that I did because I really enjoyed episodes 2 and 3.  Highlights for me included...

* Sharon Rooney as Barbara, who I thought was excellent.  In fact, the whole cast were very good and it was nice to see James Buckley playing a less obnoxious character than Jay from The Inbetweeners (I love that show, I'm just saying that it's nice to see that he's not being typecast).

* The vault sequence from episode 2.  Slightly predicable but it had me smiling throughout, none the less.

* Steve Coogan; especially when he turned back to human form and casually said "alright", as he walked past the group.

* The mermaid being turned into an actual fish and the subsequent feast.  Echoes of Pinchy the lobster from The Simpsons there.

...I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for this to get commissioned for a full 6-part series.  Probably my toes too, considering that they left things on a cliffhanger! *grumble*

Coogans appearance was classic Coogan. The fish was hilarious. So was it really only 3 parts? Seems odd to leave it at that.

St_Eddie

I forgot to mention that it was no surprise to see that fat bloke turn up in the show as a fairy (not Ricky Grover, the other one).  I think that there must be a law that he turns up in every sitcom ever made or something.  You know the one; he was a fast food employee in Black Books, a catering guy in Extras and like I said, in every other sitcom ever made (even those produced before he was born), though not necessarily as a server of food.

Quote from: Malcy on November 07, 2016, 07:02:10 PMSo was it really only 3 parts? Seems odd to leave it at that.

My take on it is that Dave were testing the waters to see what the audience reaction would be and more impotently, what kind of viewer ratings it would receive.  I'm thinking that it was essentially an extended pilot.  It probably made more financial sense to make three episodes, as opposed to one, seeming as they'd already gone to the trouble of building the sets and arranging a filming schedule and what not (this theory is supported somewhat by the recycling of sets across all three episodes - not just the tavern and magic shop but also the lakeside area).

Malcy

Yeah that's Tony Way. He's in loads of stuff. The first episode got over 350k viewers plus whatever the number was for the online preview the week before which is well over average so it's quite possible there will be more. Hope so. I enjoyed it.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Malcy on November 07, 2016, 09:32:14 PMYeah that's Tony Way. He's in loads of stuff.

Aw, you had to go and spoil it!  I always liked knowing him as nothing more than 'that fat bloke'.

Quote from: Malcy on November 07, 2016, 09:32:14 PMThe first episode got over 350k viewers plus whatever the number was for the online preview the week before which is well over average so it's quite possible there will be more. Hope so. I enjoyed it.

That's good to hear, regarding the viewing figures.  Here's hoping.

momatt

Doesn't this seem a bit too similar (in name and concept) to Tripped?
That starred an ex-Inbetweener as well, Blake Harrison.

Alberon

Quote from: momatt on November 08, 2016, 10:05:58 AM

Yeah, what happened to that? Are there any more series in the pipeline?

momatt

Doesn't look like it.  Realy pity, I thought it had some great ideas.

Malcy

Quote from: momatt on November 08, 2016, 11:02:20 AM
Doesn't look like it.  Realy pity, I thought it had some great ideas.
Does it end on a cliffhanger? My sisters been recommending it to me for a while but might not bother if it's not gonna get a conclusion.

momatt

Yeah it had a little cliffhanger, but it's not stopped me sleeping at night or anything.
Still really worth watching I'd say.

Malcy

Quote from: momatt on November 08, 2016, 11:29:26 AM
Yeah it had a little cliffhanger, but it's not stopped me sleeping at night or anything.
Still really worth watching I'd say.

Ah ok cheers. As long as it wasn't a big 'i can't wait for the next series to find out how they resolve THAT' moment which never gets resolved. Too much of that these days!

St_Eddie

Quote from: momatt on November 08, 2016, 10:05:58 AM

Huh, I've never heard of that.  I'll have to check it out.

Malcy

momatt

St_Eddie

Quote from: Malcy on April 13, 2017, 07:16:21 PM
Second series confirmed. https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/2529/zapped_series_2/

Excellent news.  I'm pleased that it will be a full 6 part series this time around.

olliebean

Quote from: momatt on April 20, 2017, 11:46:34 AM
Nothing for Tripped though.  :(

Ah, bugger, I got these two mixed up and thought Tripped was the one getting a second series. I liked Tripped. Couldn't get on with Zapped, though.

momatt

Exactly.  There must be some mistake.  It'd be like Lego going out of business and MegaBlocks taking over their toy-throne.  :(

THIS IS BULLSHIT.

daf

Quick heads up (3 weeks late!) that series 3 has started on Dave - next episode on tomorrow.
https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/zapped/episodes/3/

My favourite comedy on TV right now!

Favourite Character : Barbara
Favourite fruit : Pear

Malcy

I've been saving it these past few weeks. 3 to binge tonight! Looking forward to it. I really like this show. Great cast bit feel it's a bit underappreciated. Glad Dave aren't so quick to cancel things.

daf

Plump up the cushion - you're going to love it!

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that splits his sides with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This Dave comedy shall gentle his condition;

And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That watched Zapped with us upon Saint Munty's day!!

- (exit pursued by a pear)

Twed