Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:21:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gravity Rush

Started by Shay Chaise, October 02, 2016, 02:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shay Chaise

I picked this up recently on PS4, as it was on sale, and I absolutely love it. It feels like it should be a Nintendo games. The music is pure Ghibli, breezy and colourful and wholesome and sweeping, really sensational stuff, proper 'you are alive' stuff. The art style is probably even better, a wonderfully earthy cel-shaded, Professor Layton type vibe. It looks drab as fuck at first but it's so comforting, just like the music. When I clamber back into my bedroom in the sewers, I feel like curling up in real life and having an atomic wanc. I'll say more if you want to talk about it. It's got more personality than most of my neighbours.

fit bird

Not played the PS4 one but the original was one of the best games on the Vita.
Good fun to zoom around in a big map.

Consignia

Yep, I too had a blast on Gravity Rush on the Vita, back when Sony gave a shit about the platform.

There's a sequel coming soon isn't there?

Have you got to the fuck awful stealth levels yet?

I thought it was good till that happened too.

Thursday

What is she wearing, is this a hentai thing?

(it's been on my pile of things to play for a while, but it keeps slipping down the list)

Consignia

Quote from: Thursday on October 02, 2016, 07:29:26 PM
What is she wearing, is this a hentai thing?

Yeah, the Tentacle rape scene in Gravity Rush is horribly misjudged, but no where near as bad as rumors state.

Shay Chaise

Gravity Rush 2 is out 1st of December, looks very similar but absolutely stunning. A mate of mine played it at EGX the other week and said it was probably the game of the event for him, alongside Dishonored 2.

Thursday, I'd say that it's well worth bumping up the list, simply because it's unique. You quickly build up your skills both in game and as a player, and movement feels great, always just on the edge of losing control. This is also beautifully mirrored by the main character, Kat, whose animation is bursting with personality. She careers and tumbles and flails as you launch her across the rooftops and send her gliding down narrow alleyways, knocking townsfolk off their feet. You feel like she's still coming to terms with her powers. As for the clothing, you'll be pleased to know that fairly early on you pick up some alternate costumes which are a bit more sensible. Namely, schoolgirl and French maid.

Captain, only done one stealth level so far which was perfectly good but they're generally not my favourite thing. I'll hope that its charm continues to carry it above those quibbles.

Quote from: Shay Chaise on October 02, 2016, 09:14:43 PM
Gravity Rush 2 is out 1st of December, looks very similar but absolutely stunning. A mate of mine played it at EGX the other week and said it was probably the game of the event for him, alongside Dishonored 2.

Thursday, I'd say that it's well worth bumping up the list, simply because it's unique. You quickly build up your skills both in game and as a player, and movement feels great, always just on the edge of losing control. This is also beautifully mirrored by the main character, Kat, whose animation is bursting with personality. She careers and tumbles and flails as you launch her across the rooftops and send her gliding down narrow alleyways, knocking townsfolk off their feet. You feel like she's still coming to terms with her powers. As for the clothing, you'll be pleased to know that fairly early on you pick up some alternate costumes which are a bit more sensible. Namely, schoolgirl and French maid.

Captain, only done one stealth level so far which was perfectly good but they're generally not my favourite thing. I'll hope that its charm continues to carry it above those quibbles.

I keep meaning to persevere but I don't for some reason, you'll probably do better than me...I lack patience, you platinum Souls games don't you?...I bet you'll do better on them than me.