Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:17:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Can someone test this stream for me please?

Started by Barry Admin, October 02, 2016, 07:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Testing out Twitch but have no other device capable of checking the stream on. Can someone just let me know if the sound is coming through ok? Thanks.

dandoystevski

dandoystevski

Consignia

Sound was a bit crackly on my end but I was playing it on a tablet.

Thursday

Yeah there's this crackly skippy sound, not quite sure what would be causing it.

Barry Admin

Thanks! Hmm, might be as I'm using kinect and have no headset. I'll put the stream quality down a bit.

Van Dammage

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 02, 2016, 08:04:45 PM
Thanks! Hmm, might be as I'm using kinect and have no headset. I'll put the stream quality down a bit.

I remember playing on xbox live before and people who tried to talk using the kinect came out a bit dodgy sounding. That was on the 360 though, I take it you're probably on the Xbox one? (I don't know if they've improved the kinect since then).

Consignia

Just had a listen on my laptop, and it's much clearer now. Don't know if it's me changing device, or any changes on your end but there's an improvement.

Shay Chaise

Sounds decent through the tablet. I'm going to get XCOM 2 so want to avoid a stream (!) but I'll check in some other time if you give a quick heads up and say what you're playing.

Barry Admin

Thanks again. I did a hard reset and that sorted it, but it did eventually come back. Does seem to be related to the Kinect, from a quick Google, so I'll have to try and get a new headset. Was quite fun, nice to have a few ransoms dropping in too, one guy sat there for absolutely hours. I said I'd make him a sniper, so kitted him out to his specifications, but he got iced on the very next mission.

Definitely do get Xcom 2 Shay, fuck me its great. Really impressed so far, so many interesting new mechanics and lovely details. Looks beautiful too. A really deep game, so sad to only see one guy on my friends list playing it.

Not really a Spoiler, but a cool thing:
Spoiler alert
there was a melee unit who leapt up a building and whacked my sniper, knocked them out, and in the process smacked them clear off the building! I thought, right, have to get him taken down before he closes in on my other troops.

Gun didn't have a good enough line on him, too risky, so I thought, ok, I'll fire a grenade up, that'll do enough damage to finish him. Aimed the grenade at the top of the three-storey building and let it fly - my soldier throws it throw the window of the SECOND floor, and the roof yer man was standing on crumbles and he plummets to his death.
[close]

Absolutely lovely, surprising attention to detail. Laughed me knackers off.

Thursday

Yeah enjoyed that Neil, I watch streams now and then anyway so it was nice to hear a voice I hadn't heard in a while doing it.

Has there been any talk of bringing the mods to the console versions? Some of them are just really useful minor things like having numbers underneath the health bars, so you're not having to count them, which does become a bit of a time-saver later on in the game.