Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:59:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Depressing Seaside Postcards

Started by ajsmith, October 04, 2016, 05:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajsmith

not in a 'photos of shit towns in a stocking filler book from 2006' kind of way, I mean in a 'saucy seaside McGill style cartoon postcards that are a bit depressing' kind of way.

I mean, look at this. What's cheeky and saucy about this? It's a really bleak scene of a man being confronted with the permanence of his impotence.

any others?

owlboy

Natnar

For a second i thought that read "Arrived at last. Simply had to fight for a scat", what did they do on trains back then?

Glebe

Quote from: ajsmith on October 04, 2016, 05:42:53 PMI mean, look at this. What's cheeky and saucy about this? It's a really bleak scene of a man being confronted with the permanence of his impotence.

That's the average CaB male, except there should be a packet of antidepressants on the beside locker and his wife should be telling him to get out and get a job in the morning. And he shouldn't actually have a wife/partner/anyone.

Head Gardener

I inherited my fathers postcards and he had a very odd collection, these are some highlights

Natnar

Quote from: Head Gardener on October 05, 2016, 01:28:18 PM
I inherited my fathers postcards and he had a very odd collection, these are some highlights

A young Jimmy Saville at work in his dream job.

Glebe

^ Cabbage Patch Kids 'around longer than we thought'.

Gurke and Hare

Glebe

Head Gardener

some WW1 related cards, OK I know it's slightly off topic but they are a) postcards and b) a bit depressing

The Masked Unit

Fuck me the olden days were fucking shite weren't they.

Head Gardener

Beagle 2

I think what we can take from all of this is that women are annoying fat dead-weights and it's hilarious.

BlodwynPig

Head Gardener

Quote from: Beagle 2 on October 09, 2016, 12:21:01 PM
I think what we can take from all of this is that women are annoying fat dead-weights and it's hilarious.

It was likely to be quite unusual 100 years ago to even see a fat person
but considering the amount of larger ladies now it's not as hilarious as 1915, perhaps I dunno

gib

I love every single one of those, HG, but i am struggling with the pun in the flea one.

BLANKET-Y?

Dusty Gozongas

BLANKETY - (as in blankety blank. No swearing here. Flipping heck. Blimmin flip)

BLANKETY - (as in Blanket. A fucking flea ridden blanket. Blood sucking little cunts!)

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

gib

Thanks chaps, i'd only heard it in the context of the TV programme. Obvious things...

Head Gardener

gmoney

Head Gardener

OK so

Brundle-Fly

Catalogue Trousers

It's a bumsex innuendo. Possibly.

gmoney

gib

perhaps that's why the eavesdropping lady is nonplussed

Head Gardener

This card is unused but it always intrigued me who exactly would send a pc to someone of a notoriously tough Scottish prison,
mind you it's a tourist resort now so there are probably even colour pc's available http://www.peterheadprisonmuseum.com/

Uncle TechTip

It's got 'balls' and 'holes' in it, what more do you want?

Look at the old woman though, right amongst thick brambles on a golf course, the artist must have mused on the incredulity of the scene as they sketched it out and coloured it in.