Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:06:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Equestrian Boogaloo)

Started by Neomod, October 16, 2016, 04:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neomod

It looks like the first trailer could be imminent so I thought I'd start a thread for all of your RD2 rumours, hopes and dreams, inside skinny (Mobias) and that.

http://www.gamesradar.com/rockstar-announce-red-dead-redemption-2/

Bhazor

Well its about time R* announced their next game. I just hope this comes to PC without the 18 month wait.

Twed

I hope it's ridiculously huge. Also that you get to stake your claim in the gold rush or something like that.

mobias

Rockstar's parent company Take 2 has its AGM and shareholders conference at the start of November so the thinking is RDR2 will be announced between now and then. GTAV was announced in late October 2011. 

Quote from: Twed on October 16, 2016, 04:57:21 PM
I hope it's ridiculously huge. Also that you get to stake your claim in the gold rush or something like that.

I've never had it confirmed to me but the going consensus is that the RDR2 map that leaked a while back is legit.
See it here http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/this-is-the-map-you-ll-be-playing-in-red-dead-redemption-2-1319101

Noodle Lizard

The first RDR was so close to perfect that I'm actually having trouble thinking about what they could improve upon or introduce in terms of gameplay!  Swimming, obviously, as it made absolutely no sense for you to die as soon as you touch water in an open world game like this.  Other than that and new locations, though, what?  RDR really had it all.

Thursday

Massive emphasis on the online mode considering GTAV has been such a success for them I expect.

mobias

I've heard that its very online centric and has an even more blurred line between the offline and online elements of the game than GTAV does. I don't have a problem with that as the RDR online stuff was superb and way better than GTA online.

biggytitbo

I'm still playing Red Dead Revolver as I'm stuck in about 2004.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Bhazor on October 16, 2016, 04:54:58 PMWell its about time R* announced their next game. I just hope this comes to PC without the 18 month wait.

I just hope it comes to PC.

DocDaneeka

Found the last one a boring chore to play. Didn't manage to finish it where as I always finish the GTA games.

I think I just really hate the Wild West genre, if they could sneak a few robots or dragons into the new one that would be great.

Twed

Yeah, there just aren't enough games with robots or dragons in them.

(just joshing, I get where you're coming from)

DocDaneeka

Quote from: Twed on October 17, 2016, 01:53:10 PM
Yeah, there just aren't enough games with robots or dragons in them.

(just joshing, I get where you're coming from)
Look all I'm saying is, would it kill them to feature a Moustachioed plumber and some question mark blocks?

Jobey

It probbers going to be Red Dead Redemption 1 HD.

mobias

Quote from: Jobey on October 17, 2016, 03:22:35 PM
It probbers going to be Red Dead Redemption 1 HD.

There's a technical reason why RDR has never appeared on PC and a PS4 remaster has never appeared. Rockstar use their own propriety engine for making their games called RAGE. The version of RAGE used for making RDR was a totally bastardised version of the engine that was used to make GTAIV. The engine was apparently given a total overhaul for GTAV. RDR as a game is a total mess of coding that barely holds itself together and what is holding it together is a version of an older game engine which can't be worked on easily because it no longer exists.

Apparently someone over on NEOGAF hacked into the RDR game code on a PS3 dev kit and was shocked at what a mess the game is under the bonnet. So all in all there are good reasons why such a popular game has never appeared on the PC.

All that being I did at one point hear something about Rockstar looking again at what they could do with the game. So if they announce tomorrow that RDR is coming to PC and PS4 as a remaster it'll be because they've decided to throw a ton of man power and cash at making it work against all the odds. I have my doubts though. 

Neomod

Last night I returned to Redemption and left to your own devices it really is like a Terrence Mallick directed film isn't it.

I was on the Great Plains at dusk picking prairie poppies as is my want, the buffalo grazing silenty in the near darkness. In the distance flashes of lightning and the rumble of thunder spooked my horse and then came the rain.

I just hope the new game allows you to experience contemplative moments like this.

brat-sampson

And there we are.

I never played the original, but apparently it were proper good?

EDIT: Proposition to read this as 'Red Dead 2: Redemption' just to wind up the maximum no. of people.

Shay Chaise

Oof. How low is their opinion of the videogame industry that they have chosen to call it Red Dead Redemption 2?

They literally didn't want to risk alienating anyone by calling it something to match the alliterative tradition, in case they got confused.

"Remember Red Dead Redemption? Yeah? This is the sequel to that."

It doesn't even make sense, given that it's meant to be a prequel.

I know this is very pedantic of me but it's emblematic of a bigger issue.

Beagle 2

A year away ahahaha fuck off.

Have we learnt nothing from the Bowie smash and grab death mic drop?

Viero_Berlotti

I hear Part 3 will will come out pretty soon after, they're making them back to back. But Part 3 is going to be in 3D, so it will be called Red Dead Redemption 3D, because it's Part 3 and it's in 3D.

Shay Chaise

I hope you this one is a side scrolling 2D platformer.

mook

as long as you can end up shooting john's pissant of a son square in the knackers i'll buy the fucker

Viero_Berlotti

I hear there will be three main protagonists. Obviously John Marston, a character called 'The Kid' (NOT Marston's son) but a young black slave on the run from the law, and a character called 'Mad Dog' who's a crazy loose cannon (on the run from the law).

Jobey

finally we might have a good online ps4 game now

MattD

I honestly think Red Dead Redemption is the greatest video game ever made. And I thought Rockstar would never be able to beat GTA San Andreas.

MattD

Quote from: Viero_Berlotti on October 18, 2016, 03:12:38 PM
I hear there will be three main protagonists. Obviously John Marston, a character called 'The Kid' (NOT Marston's son) but a young black slave on the run from the law, and a character called 'Mad Dog' who's a crazy loose cannon (on the run from the law).

Surely nonsense. Sounds suspiciously like a Wild West version of the GTA V protagonists.....

Nobody Soup

I hope they veer away from the silliness of GTA, it worked brilliantly in GTA 5 and I was actually really glad to see things were so ludicrously over the top, but RDR was better when it was grittier, I don't mind if the scenarios involve insane set pieces but the best characters were the serious ones and the best passages of the story were the dramatic ones.

Shay Chaise

Confession time: I found RDR quite dull and basically made myself finish it because I felt I had to give it a fair chance. It strikes me as like any Rockstar game, great world building, decent writing compared to most AAA games, bloody awful feel and mechanics.

I say confession, I'm just trying to start an argument.

biggytitbo