Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:13:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Equestrian Boogaloo)

Started by Neomod, October 16, 2016, 04:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 14, 2018, 06:09:22 PM
Red Dead Rapist mods floating around online. Awful.

Gamers are nothing if predictable.

Haven't touched this for a week.

mobias

Quote from: New Jack on November 14, 2018, 06:24:52 PM

Bought some ace outfits, and they're half price

Half price suits? Is that all you get? I thought women would flock to me, both in the game and in real life.

Quote from: bgmnts on November 14, 2018, 06:27:36 PM
Gamers are nothing if predictable.

Haven't touched this for a week.

Nah just made it up

Thursday

bgmnts

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 14, 2018, 08:12:50 PM
Nah just made it up

F/F/U-

The fact I believed it says more about gamers than it does me.

Thursday

"Now, that story about gamers ins't true... but what it tells us about gamers"

Cuellar

Quote from: mobias on November 14, 2018, 06:05:15 PM
I have zero bounties and my honour meter is almost maxed out in the white. I'm just such a fucking good guy!

What?! I keep genuinely accidentally killing people.

Was having a shooting contest with a Mexican, tried to reload my gun and cracked the poor bastard round the head with it instead. I stole his hat and threw him in a ditch.

Mobius

Quote from: Cuellar on November 14, 2018, 09:22:50 AM
Then I robbed the backroom of the Doc's and shot my way out - great fun!

Does anyone know if it's possible to track which stores you've robbed this way? e.g overhearing some information about their dodgy side business, as opposed to just going in and holding them up. I've done a few, but no idea which ones and which other shops can be ripped off in this manner.

P.S - I got a 900 dollar bounty yesterday. Paid it off because I'm minted now
thanks to the main quest.

Quote from: Cuellar on November 14, 2018, 09:29:24 PM
What?! I keep genuinely accidentally killing people.

Was having a shooting contest with a Mexican, tried to reload my gun and cracked the poor bastard round the head with it instead. I stole his hat and threw him in a ditch.

Hehe. I think the second or third time I met that chap I robbed him. The next time I saw him he was all "lets go again, but don't be a dick this time yeah?" he just wants someone to compete with.

New Jack

Quote from: mobias on November 14, 2018, 07:48:40 PM
Half price suits? Is that all you get? I thought women would flock to me, both in the game and in real life.

At least it seems to do something for every tier:

Honor 7: You'll get a whopping half price discount in all shops. If you're going to be the good guy, it really pays off.
Honor 6: This unlocks the final set of outfits to buy in stores; the Deuville, the Drifter, the Dewberry Creek, the Farrier, the Faulkton, and the Gambler.
Honor 5: Reaching Honor 5 gives you 25% off at all stores in the game.
Honor 3: This will unlock a whole bunch of new outfits: the Bulldogger, the Chevalier, the Corson, the Cumberland, the Cowpuncher, the McLaughlin, the Roscoe, and the Valentine.
Honor 2: Your first round of discount at shops is 10% off.
Honor 1: When you loot bodies the drop rate is improved so you'll find more tonics, jewelry and food.
Honor -1: When you loot dead bodies the drop rate is increased for the following items; Dead-Eye tonic, thrown weapons, alcohol and tobacco. There's also a chance of more money and jewelry from dead lawmen.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Utter Shit on November 13, 2018, 01:42:10 PM
I can't wait to get on tonight and kill that cunt bear.

Getting a bit sick of him now to be honest. Three attempts now, three deaths. I was hiding behind a rock so he couldn't possibly have seen me, then suddenly he got a sniff of me and he was on me. Need to find a higher rock where he can't get me.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Mobius on November 14, 2018, 11:21:00 PM
Hehe. I think the second or third time I met that chap I robbed him. The next time I saw him he was all "lets go again, but don't be a dick this time yeah?" he just wants someone to compete with.

Ahahaha that's great.

Timothy

Mild spoilers, but the honor system also effects a part of the story.

Original post edited.

New Jack

I am nearly done! No spoilers!

What, you played the first game? John lives? Spoilers!

Timothy

There were no spoilers in the post that you quoted but to avoid confusion I edited the original post.
Could you change the quote as well, just to avoid confusion :) ?

I apologize if it felt like I did spoil and send you a PM.

Does anyone know when online is suppose to be start?

Utter Shit

End of the month I heard.

Not particularly looking for spoilers here, but as I'm still at the start of the game really (15% complete) - is there much change in terrain as you get further into the game? I haven't explored much of the map yet, but it's mostly either open green spaces, rocky areas and farmland. I've heard tell of swamps, jungles and the like?

Timothy

Cheers!

And yes there is change in the terrain. :)
Around chapter 3 the world starts to opens up (unless you decide to ignore that and explore ofcourse).

Cuellar

Quote from: Mobius on November 14, 2018, 11:21:00 PM

Yeah well, he won't have much competition where he's ended up.

A shallow grave.

New Jack

Quote from: Utter Shit on November 15, 2018, 11:49:20 AM
End of the month I heard.

Not particularly looking for spoilers here, but as I'm still at the start of the game really (15% complete) - is there much change in terrain as you get further into the game? I haven't explored much of the map yet, but it's mostly either open green spaces, rocky areas and farmland. I've heard tell of swamps, jungles and the like?

I've been in swamps, snow, mountains, rivers, lakes, streams, all in the open world. Basically they've hedged a different environment into each corner of the map... Vaguely

The music seems to change with the different areas of terrain too. Which is nice. A tense theme when you're exploring rocky mountainous roads, just before you kill your horse by tumbling a few feet

Utter Shit

Yeah the music seems to change in all sorts of cool ways. It became gradually more dramatic during my unsuccessful bear hunts, but in such a subtle way that you don't feel like it's been designed to let you know that you're in a dangerous area or guide you towards the bear. Who I hate, by the way.

New Jack

Quote from: Shay Chaise on October 18, 2016, 05:48:32 PM
Confession time: I found RDR quite dull and basically made myself finish it because I felt I had to give it a fair chance. It strikes me as like any Rockstar game, great world building, decent writing compared to most AAA games, bloody awful feel and mechanics.

I say confession, I'm just trying to start an argument.

I played the first ten hours of this game in a khole supplementing it with weed (that's how I got to know the cinematic cam)

Counterpoint: if you can't control this game you're worse than I am at 4am in another reality

gmoney

I have loved playing this (near the end now), but I still think it handles like sticky shite. Things that should feel like a great bunch of laughs, like robbing a house are a pain in the arse because of the handling. If you aren't in the exact right place to open up a drawer, you won't be able to look at the fags you can't pick up etc. I can't be arsed doing it anymore.

Utter Shit

Went for a trot to parts of the map I hadn't been to before today. Turned up at a huge mansion but didn't explore too much as I figured I'd end up getting killed, quite exciting though. So much fun just going around for a wander.

New Jack

Quote from: gmoney on November 15, 2018, 10:31:07 PM
I have loved playing this (near the end now), but I still think it handles like sticky shite. Things that should feel like a great bunch of laughs, like robbing a house are a pain in the arse because of the handling. If you aren't in the exact right place to open up a drawer, you won't be able to look at the fags you can't pick up etc. I can't be arsed doing it anymore.

I played th

kittens

FINISHED MAIN STORY LAST NIGHT. great. was really hoping for an appearance from the wizard or the robot in the final mission, i feel like a few magical spells could have really helped with the character development and also the plot.

brat-sampson

Ok, I might have reached the point where the game blew my mind.

In St Denis there's a theater where you can go and see a show, and having helped one of the acts out previously in a side-mission, I went to see what it was all about. Turns out there were actually 4 acts in this show, each lasting 2-4 minutes and one of which was even impressively interactive, if you chose to... 'assist'.

Later on you get invited to the theater by an NPC, in another side mission. I was thinking I'd go along and skip out early because I'd already seen the show. But no, because despite being the same compere and some of the same performers, one was entirely new and all of the acts and script were different. The NPC gave additional dialogue and allowed for different interactions, and it's just... so above and beyond what was probably needed to have something like this in the game.

This is the first time I've ever given up on a Rockstar game since the beginning.

Yes it looks absolutely stunning, and it's just the greatest looking game that has ever exsisted. But Jesus fucks it's boring.
I don't mean the 'world' because you can have a lot of fun just hanging about and doing what you like.

I made a jokey comment years ago that if Dan Houser writes GTA 4 on his own, I'm going to eat the disk and shit it through their offices letterbox. He did. It was terrible as usual. He seems to have got help with this one by a couple of people and it's WORSE!

I worry about the amount of cocaine these people take, because nobody is telling them their writing stinks, it's always stunk, and it's a waste of time.

I'm available for writing stories for games

Having put in ten hours on PS4, I got a One X to restart this game in 'the double best' quality and I can't massively be arsed with it now. There's too much other stuff to play which is both more immediately gratifying AND pretty much as immersive. It's kind of like going the gym, you really can't be arsed going but you pretty much get into it when you're there and after you kind of feel it was worth it but after a few visits without the deluding backslapping element of 'finally been the gym I'll be doing this every morning no doubt' and the normalisation you realise there's loads better things you could have done instead (other games). Except this doesn't help to lower the risk of heart disease or obesity related cancers.

Timothy

Quote from: Excellent_Biscuits on November 17, 2018, 07:45:20 AM
This is the first time I've ever given up on a Rockstar game since the beginning.

Yes it looks absolutely stunning, and it's just the greatest looking game that has ever exsisted. But Jesus fucks it's boring.
I don't mean the 'world' because you can have a lot of fun just hanging about and doing what you like.

I made a jokey comment years ago that if Dan Houser writes GTA 4 on his own, I'm going to eat the disk and shit it through their offices letterbox. He did. It was terrible as usual. He seems to have got help with this one by a couple of people and it's WORSE!

I worry about the amount of cocaine these people take, because nobody is telling them their writing stinks, it's always stunk, and it's a waste of time.

I'm available for writing stories for games

Completely disagree. The writing in RDR 2 is great. The story, the dialogue and the characters are fantastic.

Add the little details like the theater and this game is fantastic.

You are saying Arthur is a good character?

Pretty much every mission is a holocaust of humans, and then go fishing.

Nah