Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:28:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Equestrian Boogaloo)

Started by Neomod, October 16, 2016, 04:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

Just got to chapter 5 I think. Didn't see that coming.

Trash, isn't it. I have been up to the cock in work for a week or two so haven't played. Am game for an XBone posse once online is rocking for the plebs too.

Chollis

Quote from: Cuellar on November 23, 2018, 09:00:21 PM
I've started treating my horses like cars in GTA - run them ragged, crash them into some shit then get another one. Fuck them.

+1

Having said that, I do still treat animals better than humans in this game. I'm at the stage now where I'm killing every single person I come across on the open road. It takes quite a while to get from A to B.

Cuellar

I resent having to feed and clean the bastards. Imagine if they had a fuel gauge in GTA, and you had to clean the human gunk out of the radiator every so often or your car's performance would decline. It would be an absolute bloody liberty.

No. Rag them over a cliff then stab them in the stomach. NEXT.

QDRPHNC

Managed to play about 3 hours of the online last night. First hour was probably just the intro and tutorial type stuff. Teamed up with a gang to do a couple of the story missions, played this capture the bag type deathmatch where everyone just killed each other instead of going after the bag. It was fun though, there were no dots to see other players on the radar, so sneaking through bushes and cacti in the middle of guns going off and people getting stabbed, trying not to be seen, was quite fun.

Didn't get into much beyond that, although charging, guns blazing, at a gang of bad bastards with three other people on your side is a lot of fun.

kittens

wow very hard to make someone who doesn't look horrible. mine ended up looking good in the create your character bit, then in the opening clip looked like a old lady. hopefully get to mod her later, no way am i role playing an ugly person

Thursday

Does it actually save your progress and the character you created like GTA online didn't for weeks.

Kelvin

Quote from: kittens on November 28, 2018, 07:59:35 PM
hopefully get to mod her later, no way am i role playing an ugly person

Games should be escapism haha

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Because I'm unfortunately now a proper grownup with 'other responsibilities' I've not been making any kind of dramatic progress in the couple of hours here and there I get to play. I'm still only on chapter two - don't want to progress the story if it means risking missing stuff.

When I do get a chance to play, I become so obsessed by one hunting challenge, or helping every random stranger, that at this rate I'll be playing as Arthur for the rest of my life.

kittens

QDRPHNC

I do! Are you on Xbox? We can be the Verbhorses.

kittens

ps4. a pair of true cowpokes, torn apart by fate.

Very atmospheric game this and defo has its own rhythm. I've enjoyed much of what I've played but also a lot of my time with it is also pretty...hm...the word is boring. I am miles away from home from exploring and I don't even have the money to get a stagecoach home. So I turn it on, play for a bit then I get bored.

QDRPHNC

kittens

online is o.k. keeps crashing and i lose all the stuff i've hunted and most people just kill you on sight and you lose all the stuff you hunted and it doesn't save your progress so you lose all your stuff regardless but occasionally you can wave at *XxDadDickDestroyerxX* and he'll wave back and send you a friend request and you can go do a boring mission with him for very little reward. game of the year lads

kittens

any ps4 boys on tonight
i'll get my mic on and everything come on lads

Cuellar

Is it still just available for ultimate edition people?

kittens

no, first day players on weds, everyone today

Penfold

kittens

yes, no moseying in my posse. shoot you dead and force you to delete your account. moseying BANNED

Ferris

How do I join a CaB posse?

PS4 only here pls.

kittens

honestly, i have no idea. was kinda hoping someone who knows what the heck is going on would show up and be our leader.

Penfold

Howdy for nowdy,

I'm General Penfold,

Word has reached me by teleogram that you city slickers need an experienced cowpoke to root yer toot...YEEHAW.

Paypal me some skrilla and I'll sort it out mate.

Moseying and Mosaics are FUCKING PERMITTED in my borough sunshine.

Also, I don't have PS Plus or any interest in playing online but please add me (monkeydeath)

We haven't had a gamertag thread in a while since that Aki Kuarismaki/Jim Jarmusch/Sparced guy.

Ferris

Penfold

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 01, 2018, 12:17:54 AM
BLOCKED

You lied about 30k of gold in a tub once you're also blocked sir, if you can hear this.

caN YOU?

SIR??

Ferris

Quote from: Penfold on December 01, 2018, 02:27:19 AM
You lied about 30k of gold in a tub once you're also blocked sir, if you can hear this.

caN YOU?

SIR??

Your DOUBLE BLOCKED!!

Schrodingers Cat

Does the game just crash randomly for anyone else online? Twice yesterday I was just walking moseying around pardner, and the game just 'encountered an error'. Not just booted out of the server, but sent straight to home screen (or whatever it's called on PS4).
Anyone else?

P.s. would also be interested in possessing up if a CaB group is set up, if people are happy with a filthy lurker like me involved.

Fishfinger

Quote from: Schrodingers Cat on December 01, 2018, 04:10:46 PM
Does the game just crash randomly for anyone else online?

Yep (PS4). Every few minutes this afternoon when I was trying to join a friend's game and also go to the nearest fence. Never made it. It's very unstable.

Schrodingers Cat

Quote from: Fishfinger on December 01, 2018, 04:12:44 PM
Yep (PS4). Every few minutes this afternoon when I was trying to join a friend's game and also go to the nearest fence. Never made it. It's very unstable.

Glad it's not just me. Well, this, along with the wierd economy (how much for a tin of beans?!) and a supposedly unfriendly to PVE type of players, means I might wait a bit before dipping my toe back in.

Fortunately, the main game is so good, I'm currently enjoying a second playthrough, which is something I haven't done with a game for a very long time