Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:01:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Equestrian Boogaloo)

Started by Neomod, October 16, 2016, 04:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: Cuellar on January 30, 2019, 09:08:42 PM
Has anyone just teleported when setting up a camp?!

I went fishing by a river near our derelict mansion base, caught something so went to cook it, when the screen faded in again I was in the middle of a swamp near Saint Denis!

Not complaining massively, as I did find a pirate sword very near to where I teleported, but it was bloody weird.

Yeah it seems to happen all the time. You can only camp in specific locations - if you tried it somewhere unsuitable in the first game, it would just make a damp noise and not let you camp. This one "allows" you to camp wherever but actually just teleports you to the nearest viable spot. I've woken up on the other side of rivers and on top of cliffs before. Very odd.

Rizla

Quote from: Cuellar on January 30, 2019, 09:08:42 PM
Has anyone just teleported when setting up a camp?!

I went fishing by a river near our derelict mansion base, caught something so went to cook it, when the screen faded in again I was in the middle of a swamp near Saint Denis!

Not complaining massively, as I did find a pirate sword very near to where I teleported, but it was bloody weird.

Yes, if you set up camp on, say, a cliff edge, or right by the water, it actually places it somewhere more camping-appropriate nearby, it seems.

I must say I'm finding loads of new stuff, little side missions and stranger missions etc, playing the second time through. Go slow, take it all in. Otherwise you might not find the skagged-up shagging couple in the hotel room.

Cuellar

Uh?! But it put me on a tiny little island in the middle of water!

I'll never understand this silly game.

St_Eddie

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 30, 2019, 09:15:56 PM
I've woken up on the other side of rivers and on top of cliffs before.

Haven't we all.  Alchohol's a hell of a drug.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Rizla on January 30, 2019, 09:18:24 PMGo slow, take it all in. Otherwise you might not find the skagged-up shagging couple in the hotel room.

I chased two guys away from the window, then followed the prompt to look inside and found myself inadvertently committing voyeurism and being docked a bit of my Honor for being a dirty peeper. That felt a bit unfair.

Cuellar

I found that guy riding off with his wife tied to the back of the horse, so I shot the guy, cut her loose, she was full of thanks "Oh I've been trying to leave that bastard for years, thank you, thank you!"

I turn back to his corpse and give it a bit of a kicking when, to my surprise, the woman comes up and lamps me! We proceed to have quite a prolonged fist fight which, inevitably, ends in her death. And THEN I get docked morality points! She started on me!? Happened again when I got chased by some Lemoyne Raiders - they start shooting at me, so I turn round and kill them and LOSE morality!

Fuck this - if they want me to go on a murder spree they're going the right way about it.

Ferris

Commit multiple needless murders and tidy up any pesky witnesses, then head into town and wave at everyone. Honour balances out. It's mad. But fun.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 30, 2019, 11:33:39 PM
Commit multiple needless murders and tidy up any pesky witnesses, then head into town and wave at everyone. Honour balances out. It's mad. But fun.

Works for the Queen inni

Rizla

That fucking professor in StDenis, he's on a right old hairtrigger. Went running off round the town shouting like Penelope Pitstop just cos I bumped into him. This is after me fetching him an entire wagon full of moonshine for no money, fucking steampunk twat. I'm pretty sure you end up out of pocket from this one.

Cuellar

I kicked fuck out of that eugenics guy, slammed his nut against a train which he then proceeded to fall under, his racist body getting mangled - no one batted an eye. Saint Denis is so woke. I took some photos of his body being run over by the train too. That was fun. Although I was hoping he'd lead me to the KKK, but that didn't happen. I guess I'll have to wait for that.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Cuellar on January 31, 2019, 11:45:52 AM
I kicked fuck out of that eugenics guy, slammed his nut against a train which he then proceeded to fall under, his racist body getting mangled - no one batted an eye. Saint Denis is so woke. I took some photos of his body being run over by the train too. That was fun. Although I was hoping he'd lead me to the KKK, but that didn't happen. I guess I'll have to wait for that.

I kidnapped him a bunch of times from his stand, right next to a policeman, with no reaction at all. I think I even shot him there once (didn't want to get sidetracked yet again) and nobody cared. I really enjoyed terrorising and murdering him multiple times, one of the highlights of my game.

Blue Jam

I was tempted to shoot the "British" guy with the crap zoo. And the midget magician (midgician?) before him. Why are there missions to help out circus performers? Circus skills are shit for cunts, murdering them should be encouraged and should increase your honour.

I liked having the option to heckle at that show in San Denny. I might go back and get all John Wilkes Booth on their asses.

Blue Jam

Is it true that your honor is capped and you can't reach full honour until later chapters? I'm struggling to keep my murderous urges in check.

After being all polite and greeting everyone I accidentally antagonised a guy by telling him he had a mushroom for a brain. I felt like Guybrush Threepwood.

Rizla

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 31, 2019, 03:32:03 PM
I was tempted to shoot the "British" guy with the crap zoo. And the midget magician (midgician?) before him. Why are there missions to help out circus performers? Circus skills are shit for cunts, murdering them should be encouraged and should increase your honour.

I liked having the option to heckle at that show in San Denny. I might go back and get all John Wilkes Booth on their asses.

I watched 2 of the 5 shows in St Denis last night, as I think you have to watch all 5 in order to get one of the cig cards. (I am very sad collecting man) I really enjoyed the one with Bertram and Magnifico, pretty funny. Good snake dancer and fire dancer too, and all the audience heckling is very well done.  Reminds me I never did watch all the films in GTAV - the ones I did watch were great. That kind of world building stuff is awesome when you're in the mood.

Cuellar

In the show where he asks you to shoot him so he catch the bullet in his teeth, the game in one of its capricious moments made me default to my sawn off, so I just peppered the guy with shot. I imagine the outcome is the same whatever you use though.

I like to alternate between heckling and encouraging confuses them. Then I walk out because its actually boring as hell.

Thursday

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 31, 2019, 03:32:03 PM

The thing is people say the stranger side missions is some of the best stuff, but I did the circus one and thought "eh, not really." That's another problem I have with these open world games. I always seem to pick the wrong side missions and get put off doing any more.

Noodle Lizard

I tied up the KKK Grand Wizard and tried to take him to the sheriff in Rhodes.  Only got done for kidnapping, didn't I?  Political correctness gone mad, that is.

Cuellar

Managed to both get on and off the island last night. Didn't last as long as I thought it might. If I've lost my pirate sword for good I'm going to go spare. I rescued Tilly Jackson by bursting into the hut and cutting those scum down, Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction style.

ToneLa

The trapper doesn't have anything I can make from the skin of dead rats and one cat and a seagull.

The fuck does he expect me to do with em?

Fishfinger

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 31, 2019, 03:34:04 PM
Is it true that your honor is capped and you can't reach full honour until later chapters?

Yep. I was at 90-something percent for most of my playthrough. Edited to add: I finished in late November, around the time the online mode was released, so it's possible it's been patched since. But that was my experience.

Rizla

Blue Jam

^^^ "THAT GUY WAS LOOKIN' AT MAH BUTT!"

Thanks- I actually did cry with laughter at that, thankfully no-one else was in the office...

bgmnts

I just realised Arthur Morgan sounds a lot like Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Cuellar

Oh man, just did the balloon mission.

When Hosea and Lenny died, couldn't be arsed. But when the poor balloon man got shot I was inconsolable.

ToneLa

If you rope a dude off his horse, shoot him in the leg with the varmint rifle so he doesn't snuff it or become a witness but goes into attack mode, and chase his horse away to the distance he is left behind and his red blip turns into that red fringe on your minimap,

You'll turn around and see him call a new horse. And it will spawn as anything. I've got thoroughbreds, Turkomen, only one I haven't seen is Arabian. Takes a while, it's exploiting their spawn programming - also works for hunting animals, simply ride far enough away and straight back and the game will spawn what's in its memory, which corresponds to its map.

Sure, there's tons of witnesses, who need to die too. But my stable is now full of good horses.

MiddleRabbit

Quote from: Cuellar on January 31, 2019, 03:45:05 PM
In the show where he asks you to shoot him so he catch the bullet in his teeth, the game in one of its capricious moments made me default to my sawn off, so I just peppered the guy with shot. I imagine the outcome is the same whatever you use though.

I like to alternate between heckling and encouraging confuses them. Then I walk out because its actually boring as hell.

No, he catches the bullet from a revolver in his teeth if you aim at his mouth.

The KKK thing happens just outside San Denis.  The chief wizard, or whoever it is, does appear to be the Eugenics bloke from a letter you find on him.  I burned him alive on his flaming cross.  Mind you, I also got arrested for beating him to death on the street earlier, so maybe it's not him.

Shooting people with the shotgun from close range seems to more or less blow their heads off, so I've been enjoying that.  Similarly, using exploding bullets has a particularly, er, explosive effect on victims.  Classy, eh?

Cuellar

But I beat Eugenics man to death and had his body run over and over by a train! Does that mean I won't get to fuck him up as a KKK man?

Blue Jam

I just chanced upon a KKK meeting somewhere between Strawberry and Clemens Point. Threw some dynamite into the circle of Klansmen and sploded their racist asses. Some freeze peach KKK apologist then tried to grass me up for murder so he got it too- I chased him nearly all the way back to Strawberry before I shot him off his horse and then punched him into a river. Great fun... I really wish I could replay that bit but I think it was a random encounter.

Do the KKK respawn or pop up having random meetings all over the map? After looting them and finding the meeting notes, with the suggestion that they need to make their white hoods from something less flammable, I'm thinking I could have had a lot more fun with a fire bottle. I didn't find any burning crosses to utilise as murder weapons either.

bgmnts

I must admit I feel like I missed quite a bit playing this, and I pumped a LOT of hours into it.

Blue Jam

Quote from: bgmnts on February 02, 2019, 04:36:35 PM
I must admit I feel like I missed quite a bit playing this, and I pumped a LOT of hours into it.

It feels like there's just too much to see in one playthrough. I've been going massively off-piste (I'm at 43% completion and a paltry 27% of my way through the story) and I still haven't found any dinosaur bones, dreamcatchers, rock carvings, legendary fish... I also accidentally sold one of my cigarette cards to a Fence and then couldn't buy it back so if there's an achievement tied to that I've fucked it. Meh, it's just overwhelming, if I tried to go for all the collectibles it'd take me 300 hours and I'd go mad.

I probably should crack on with the story... Done loads of stranger missions but tbh I'm finding the random encounters the most enjoyable part of this game- challenging combat and general weird shit.