Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,574,324
  • Total Topics: 106,599
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:35:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Equestrian Boogaloo)

Started by Neomod, October 16, 2016, 04:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

Quote from: Neomod on May 02, 2018, 04:56:31 PM
Hmm, wasn't particularly blown away by that and i'm still not sure about the main character.

As someone who hasn't followed the trailer breakdowns or PR stuff, I can't even identify a main character in that trailer. It's just a bunch of different men talking to each other about fire. 

Viero_Berlotti

Surprised that it's set so late. RDR1 was set at the end of the 19th century as well. I thought this time they might set it in the mid 1870s, the golden age of the Wild West.

I still think there are big surprises to come. What would be good would be the ability to shift timelines at will. So you could be standing somewhere in the map in 1899 as one character and then jump to a character in 1875 stood in the exact same spot. You could be stood in a large town and go back to when it was a small outpost. It means they would have to have made two versions of the map one in 1899 and one on 1875, they've had fucking long enough to do it though.

Neomod

I'm confused. Isn't there a younger Dutch and Marston in that trailer?

Could be a flasback I suppose.

Space ghost

prettys sure i saw a young Abigail Marsden up in there.

"i know youre never gonna change (john marsden) you will never seek and obtain redemption"

Penfold

Quote from: Neomod on May 02, 2018, 06:55:18 PM
I'm confused. Isn't there a younger Dutch and Marston in that trailer?

Could be a flasback I suppose.

RDR1 was set in 1911 and this one is 1899. I thought I read somewhere that it's about the gang that Marston used to be in so might not be a flashback, just the game.

Mobius

What I really want for a trailer for an open world game is to make it seem like a trite movie.

Noodle Lizard

I wonder if there'll be Character Development.

Ferris

mobias

I thought the trailer did a pretty good job of focussing on the characters this time around, with the other two showing off the world and setting the scene. I'll look forward to hearing more about the actual gameplay and how its all going to work. I can't wait to see what its like online. RDR1 was superb online, way more fun that GTA Online I thought.

Neomod

Quote from: mobias on May 03, 2018, 08:43:23 AM
I'll look forward to hearing more about the actual gameplay and how its all going to work.

Apparently that's happening today on IGN.

Ferris

Quote from: mobias on May 03, 2018, 06:00:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seIdgTfInOk

That sounds fucking dreadful. Imagine all that tedious interaction just to mug a fisherman. Bollocks to that, just shoot the plum and nick his stuff - that's basic. Jesus.

Penfold

Viero_Berlotti

mobias

By the sounds of things they've taken a lot from the feedback of RDR1 that people actually enjoyed all the side quests and survival stuff more than they did the main story. I like the idea that the game isn't actually focussed on a main story as such but is made up more of random interactions that may or may not take you on a journey depending on what choices you make. The mission triggering system in Rockstar's games, and indeed most open world games I've played, is pretty stale these days I think. Witcher 3 did a pretty good job making you feel there was a degree of randomness about things and how exploring the world actually rewarded you in gameplay. From what I can gather RDR2 is much more like that.

Kelvin

Quote from: mobias on May 04, 2018, 08:58:52 AM
By the sounds of things they've taken a lot from the feedback of RDR1 that people actually enjoyed all the side quests and survival stuff more than they did the main story. I like the idea that the game isn't actually focussed on a main story as such but is made up more of random interactions that may or may not take you on a journey depending on what choices you make. The mission triggering system in Rockstar's games, and indeed most open world games I've played, is pretty stale these days I think. Witcher 3 did a pretty good job making you feel there was a degree of randomness about things and how exploring the world actually rewarded you in gameplay. From what I can gather RDR2 is much more like that.

Then why have the last two trailers focused entirely on story at the expense of almost any gameplay footage?

mobias

Quote from: Kelvin on May 04, 2018, 09:02:34 AM
Then why have the last two trailers focused entirely on story at the expense of almost any gameplay footage?

Because it's Rockstar and their early trailers always focus on story. Gameplay trailers are usually left until much closer to release.

I actually don't think the trailers thus far have really focussed on anything except setting the scene and showing off the game world.

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: mobias on May 04, 2018, 08:58:52 AM

I was only joking, I'll probably really enjoy the campsite manager aspect, can't wait to bully my first wimp as well.

Neomod

The Editions have been leaked and some people are not happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAg80DsURyU

That box of tat version sans game for £100 really is bobbins but i'm not fussed with people paying a bit more to not play the game.

mobias

Call me old fashioned but I quite fancy the version that has the game.

Consignia

I didn't realise the box of shit didn't even come with the game. Fucks sake. It looks completely naff as well, but I guess they are only producing it because people will buy it.

Ferris

People buying that is only encouraging them, the idiots.

Edit: wait, they're holding back on story mode stuff? That's ridiculous. I don't want the "ultimate" edition or whatever because I find that ruins the game a bit for me. I want to work my way up to being good, not get 3 free guns at the first gun store I walk into as well as the best horse in the game right off the bat. I'm going to vote with my wallet and get the regular version, I'm not giving them an extra $20 just so I can rob a bank. Though maybe I will anyway.

This does feel a bit like being a willing participant in my own mugging because I loved the first game so much, so Rockstar is using that as leverage to extract an extra $20 out of me. Gre-e-e-easy.

Mister Six

I'll wait till GOTY edition is in the second-hand shelves at GameStop. They can fucked with microtransaction nonsense.

mobias

Quote from: Mister Six on June 10, 2018, 06:00:10 PM
I'll wait till GOTY edition is in the second-hand shelves at GameStop. They can fucked with microtransaction nonsense.

There won't be any micro transactions in RDR Online from what I can gather.

falafel

It sounds like they have opted for macrotransactions instead.

Mister Six

Quote from: mobias on June 10, 2018, 07:38:28 PM
There won't be any micro transactions in RDR Online from what I can gather.

I'm talking about the story mode nonsense. Couldn't give less of a toss about online.

Hank Venture

R* is as greedy as they come. The new leadership couldn't give two shits about game quality, reckon there will be some way or other for them to wring some extra cash out from the customers.

Neomod

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 03, 2018, 10:28:48 PM
Imagine all that tedious interaction just to mug a fisherman.

Sounds like the game will be full of mackereltransactions.

New Jack

It's a far more barren world than GTAV so they gotta do something if they're gonna milk online. New horses every month won't cut it. I probably won't even touch it.

I hate GTAonline and its gone a bit wacky Sci fi. Plus I got banned permanently for forgetting to delete my sole mod - to change the FOV. (Then I find out Flawless Widescreen does that!)

I bet the 'banned users rebuying' market is hyooge