Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:13:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Equestrian Boogaloo)

Started by Neomod, October 16, 2016, 04:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

I've been going round just killin. Haven't done any missions so far on this play through.

Rode past a little hut and my horse got inexplicably spooked, so I got off and strode through the door only to get a MASSIVE BEAR IN THE FACE. Spooked me an all.

kalowski

Quote from: Cuellar on September 18, 2019, 11:03:25 AM
I've been going round just killin. Haven't done any missions so far on this play through.

Rode past a little hut and my horse got inexplicably spooked, so I got off and strode through the door only to get a MASSIVE BEAR IN THE FACE. Spooked me an all.
Yes, I remember that. I went bear hunting after that. Killed any I could find. You can go hunt one near the Elysian pond, I think.

bgmnts

Literally booted this up for the first time in months and it was brilliant just randomly hitting these little world building story events. I do wish they could have incorporated that into the mission structure somehow. Its so big yet so linear at the same time.

I'm going to go through the story again, I really enjoyed playing as Arthur and playing the epilogue just isn't as interesting. Plus I reckon I probably missed a few sidequests first time round.

Ferris

It's quite brutal for "didn't do a side quest? Too late!"

I should have done more housebreaking jobs when I could

Waking Life

When's the point of no return? Assuming I go back to it. Arthur is now very gaunt.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Cuellar on September 18, 2019, 11:03:25 AM

The thing Dutch hassles you for's in there (pipe, is it?)

Cuellar

Yeah, that's right. I thought I'd found a pipe I could actually smoke so I'm minded to chuck it in a lake.

Can't remember Dutch hassling me for it before, does he give you anything good for it?

Blue Jam

When I found the pipe for Dutch I went back to camp and then found I couldn't give it to him... Didn't bother looking for the other items after that...

Ferris

Know what I gave Dutch? A BUNCH OF FIVES RIGHT IN THE FUCKIN COUPON

Ferris

(I didn't actually, just thought that was funny)

Cuellar

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 25, 2019, 10:59:34 AM
When I found the pipe for Dutch I went back to camp and then found I couldn't give it to him... Didn't bother looking for the other items after that...

Yeah I've spoken to him since finding it and he hasn't brought it up, so let me smoke it surely

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Cuellar on September 25, 2019, 09:36:21 AM
Yeah, that's right. I thought I'd found a pipe I could actually smoke so I'm minded to chuck it in a lake.

Can't remember Dutch hassling me for it before, does he give you anything good for it?

Spurs I think?

It might not trigger for another chapter annoyingly

Cuellar

Forget it. Gonna drop it in front of Dutch, then he'll ask for it and I'll be like 'Oooh yeah I'll keep an eye out' and it'll be right there in front of him!! IDIOT DUTCH IDIOT IDIOT

NJ Uncut

You get an achievement as well though!

Fookin Rockstar mission design. Only you ever go out, and always on your own unless scripted to have pals on a mission. The entire fuckin world hassles you, the only person who can do a thing. Everyone on your back, even strangers

Can't remember if the very early media implied you could go out with gang pals but your big tough outlaw gang never go out and you have to fetch crap for them because they never go out

I can mod GTAV to have three Trevors chum me aboot and get in rucks n that. Can't even call your mates in this.

Pretty lonely game really. Red Dead Redemption 2: Arthur Fucks Off To a Field

Edit: seems they cut this
It's glitchable!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zUHfv6KSJd8

The Roofdog

Oh yeah, there's all that fannydangle right at the beginning about the controls for riding in formation isn't there. Utterly pointless, and it didn't seem to work very well.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: The Roofdog on September 26, 2019, 11:49:40 AM
Oh yeah, there's all that fannydangle right at the beginning about the controls for riding in formation isn't there. Utterly pointless, and it didn't seem to work very well.

Arthur riding in formation on his own.

I REALLY want to try that "companions" glitch as it looks ace, but my two saves are in the epilogue or in the ratty swamp house, both of which are not as good as the first couple chapters for both this glitch and in general

But the main thing is, having gotten the Legend of the East satchel TWICE, I really can't face riding in / out of the same areas (to trick the game into respawning animals) for days all over again.

Maybe I'll have some old in between save or some shit...I just want a BIG gang out with me, and Arthur fit n healthy.

Thing is, there's specific lines for this glitch - like other gangs saying things like "we've got enough bullets for all of you!" that don't appear in any missions.

Cutting = shipping, I guess

Question: Does anybody actually use the hunting / bait system? I just ride around with either the varmint or springfield rifle out and shoot critters from my horse. Can dead-eye in the noggin if you want. But the auto-target thing is easy to trigger, I just fire away at anything and bam, I got the Legend of the East satchel almost entirely on horseback (think there was one or two I did with a bow n arra, skulking about the bushes like a nonce)

bgmnts

Edit - fucksake.

Utter Shit

Had my favourite properly 'organic' moment so far last night. Got bored and went for a wander in Valentine, and after a shot of whiskey I took against a bloke who said the wrong thing to me at the bar. Quickly turned into a four-on-one brawl, which I won easily because Arthur Morgan is double-hard, but in the midst of it all I accidentally sparked an innocent female bystander clean over the bar. That crossed a line according to the law, and I ended up getting chased out of town. Great fun.

NJ Uncut

That companions glitch is ace! Easy too, shoot someone near your camp, run in, and when it says "enemies were led to camp" (HAS to be the past tense!) throw a dynamite and stand right over so you die before it blackscreens.

Then when you respawn you set up a camp asap and that triggers whoever was running out to help you (seems a feature they left out?) as your buddies.

Here's Sadie and Micah blowing away some poor fuck I picked on

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: NJ Uncut on September 25, 2019, 09:02:02 PM

I can mod GTAV to have three Trevors chum me aboot and get in rucks n that. Can't even call your mates in this.

Haha what??

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on September 30, 2019, 12:41:15 AM
Haha what??

Don't know how to explain it without using the same words :)

You can get a trainer mod (on PC), and spawn a bodyguard, that's built into the engine, but you can assign them a look. I often get three Trevors and arm them with whatever weapons I fancy (melee only can be hilarious) and just tear about town, murdering. If you get a panel van, two will sit at the back with the doors open, blasting. All the trainer does is spawn the model, they use the same AI as when you have buddies in the missions.

Red Dead 2 was likewise fun the weekend. After I turned off autosave! Managed to glitch about eight of the gang. Lost a few (there may be a limit to how many "attach" to you) but my Arthur just tore a streak through the countryside murdering everyone, the gang riding behind him firing away (they attack whoever you attack, or whoever attacks you).

Went to Braithwaite Manor and occupied it. Nobody spared. Six of us roaming it on horseback, barraging any bounty hunters with gunfire, me picking off the field workers and employees. Felt proper Blood Meridian, and the power of the gang that was a bit missing in the story: they felt dangerous, a pack of killers.

Versus, yknow, a pack of homebodies who ask you to fetch pipes and combs

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: NJ Uncut on September 30, 2019, 07:41:54 AM
Don't know how to explain it without using the same words :)

Sorry yeah just never got into the whole modding thing! That sounds hilarious though might have to give it a try.

Harpo Speaks

Quote from: NJ Uncut on September 30, 2019, 07:41:54 AM
Went to Braithwaite Manor and occupied it. Nobody spared. Six of us roaming it on horseback, barraging any bounty hunters with gunfire, me picking off the field workers and employees. Felt proper Blood Meridian, and the power of the gang that was a bit missing in the story: they felt dangerous, a pack of killers.

Versus, yknow, a pack of homebodies who ask you to fetch pipes and combs

Probably not the best example to give as the Braithwaite Manor story mission is an instance where the gang does feel united, powerful and very dangerous in my opinion. The conclusion was quite chilling.

I actually got back to this over the weekend. Shaved my head and got a gross
pencil tash. Walked around the streets of some shitty coastal trading post stabbing down and outs, robbing their $0.12 and disposing of the bodies. Started to feel a bit sick when I stabbed a couple of dogs and skinned them in a shed. Got caught when I started killing hookers and got shotgunned by some bad guys with their hearts in the right place. Feeling pretty sick about it all, to be honest. Astonishing looking game on the One X.

It's a truly beautiful world they created. Even now I'm still finding areas and little secrets I hadn't noticed before and it all looks so fantastic (often I'll just stick on cinematic mode and marvel at the majestic lighting & views). The actual game itself is nowhere near as good as the world it takes place in, although the final chapters of the story do pick up the pace a bit.

The honour system kind of works against the free form mayhem I usually go out of my way to create in GTA. After finishing the story I did indulge in the odd rampage but soon felt guilty about it and went back to the 'help everyone I come across' manner in which I played the story. I might just turn on some cheats and go mental though, I've finished hunting down all the legendary animals/fish, twatted all the other gangs and completed quite a few of the side quests so there's not much left to wring out of it, barring the odd unexplored cave or hard to reach area.

I really wish they'd reconsider single player DLC as the online part of the game is still tedious beyond belief.

Fishfinger

Quote from: Quote on September 30, 2019, 03:00:56 PMthe online part of the game is still tedious beyond belief.

Obviously that's subjective, but since the recent update and the addition of trader, collector and bounty hunter roles there's never been more to do in Online. And it's not the free-for-all pvp shitfest it was at launch.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Harpo Speaks on September 30, 2019, 12:54:19 PM
Probably not the best example to give as the Braithwaite Manor story mission is an instance where the gang does feel united, powerful and very dangerous in my opinion. The conclusion was quite chilling.

Maybe, but we also went to Valentine and killed everyone in sight, killing reams and reams of bounty hunters.... Ace

Hmm wonder where I can get the maddest gunfights? Could spawn a big crew of 6 to 8 and try to get into Blackwater

Ferris

Quote from: NJ Uncut on September 30, 2019, 06:04:18 PM
Maybe, but we also went to Valentine and killed everyone in sight, killing reams and reams of bounty hunters.... Ace

Hmm wonder where I can get the maddest gunfights? Could spawn a big crew of 6 to 8 and try to get into Blackwater

When one of your posse gets aced, is that it? They don't respawn?

willy crossit

Quote from: NJ Uncut on September 30, 2019, 06:04:18 PM

are you getting 6 to 8 regularly nj? what part of the game are you doing it at? i've tried at two different camps but can never spawn more than 2 at a time. still good with two but i want more

willy crossit

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 01, 2019, 12:23:13 AM
When one of your posse gets aced, is that it? They don't respawn?

i think they're invincible - i've been on fairly long sprees with my two and they don't die