Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:02:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Equestrian Boogaloo)

Started by Neomod, October 16, 2016, 04:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

I got done in the middle of nowhere for "animal cruelty" because I accidentally ran over a rabbit on my horse.

Animal cruelty. In the Old West. Fucks sake like.

Cuellar

I was expecting to get into some shit for kicking all those chickens to death, and stabbing the mangy dog, but nothing happened to me. Not even a knock to the honour.

Very inconsistent.

Ferris

Quote from: Cuellar on February 18, 2020, 09:55:23 PM
I was expecting to get into some shit for kicking all those chickens to death, and stabbing the mangy dog, but nothing happened to me. Not even a knock to the honour.

Very inconsistent.

Once again it seems there is one set of rules for cuellar, and quite another set for decent law abiding folk like me.

H-O-W-L

I feel like the ending sequence of this game is legitimately beautiful. Almost unmatched, even. Not entirely, but almost.

Spoiler alert
When Arthur put his hat on before his last ride I legitimately tore up.
[close]

Blue Jam

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 18, 2020, 09:52:35 PM
I got done in the middle of nowhere for "animal cruelty" because I accidentally ran over a rabbit on my horse.

I used to deliberately squash rabbits under Big Mandy's hooves all the time and I never had the feds going all PeTA on my ass. All I ever got was some tasty tasty roadkill for the pot.

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 21, 2020, 05:00:11 PM
I used to deliberately squash rabbits under Big Mandy's hooves all the time and I never had the feds going all PeTA on my ass. All I ever got was some tasty tasty roadkill for the pot.

My rabbit must have been in witness protection or my horse snitched.

My horse is called Hooves and is the best, unless he snitched on me in which case I forgive him.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I called mine Britney Spurs, but I nicked that from Reddit.

I also saw one online called
Spoiler alert
ArthurDiesOfTB
[close]

DON'T click on the above spoiler unless you've finished the game.

QDRPHNC

Mine was called Derke. He died by falling face-first off a small incline.

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on February 22, 2020, 12:08:11 AM
Mine was called Derke. He died by falling face-first off a small incline.

RIP Derke :(

Blue Jam

Did you go to the Nicola Tesla guy and get him to build you a Robot Grief Horse?

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 21, 2020, 07:38:30 PM
My rabbit must have been in witness protection or my horse snitched.

My horse is called Hooves and is the best, unless he snitched on me in which case I forgive him.

iirc one of the challenges requires you to run over five animals. That's Rockstar inconsistency for you- in their games you can murder a prostitute to avoid having to pay her but they won't let you call your horse Twatface.

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 22, 2020, 01:06:36 PM
Did you go to the Nicola Tesla guy and get him to build you a Robot Grief Horse?

WHAT

Blue Jam

Confessions Of A Sidequest Whore:

https://youtu.be/Ubx4fO-UBj4

As a massive nerd I got a massive thrill from this. He actually made a robot an'all, I can't remember if I found it or not:

https://youtu.be/VA-AIL7C8ts

bgmnts

I remember him making that crap robot but not a horse!

Blue Jam

I was only joking about a Robot Grief Horse. It would have been funny though.

Perhaps he should have made a Robot Gav for Gav's mate.

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 22, 2020, 05:41:56 PM
I was only joking about a Robot Grief Horse.

*ferris stops re-downloading RDR2 and goes back to his thousandth Skyrim playthrough*

H-O-W-L

Spoiler alert
If you show up later on, he's dead and you can find the robot in the snowy mountains near the shitty snow town you start the game at, constantly crying 'papa'.
[close]

EDIT: I'm a cunt, you just linked to a vid of that. Oopsy poopsy!

Blue Jam

Fishfinger

Inviting random lobby people to your Moonshine Shack to drink, dance, fight and play in the band is really fun.

Utter Shit

Is RDR2 online any good? I've just got into GTA5 online, about five years late, and while it's great fun the graphics seem quite dated by comparison so if RDR2 online is good then I might start.

Fishfinger

Depends what you're looking for really. It can be very beautiful and it's certainly better than launch, when it was little more than a 26-player deathmatch. There's plenty to do these days, but some basics are locked behind level restrictions, so you can expect a bit of a grind, initially.

(deleted stuff about story mode, seems you already played it, sorry.)

H-O-W-L

RDR2 online is quite shit, and I say that as someone with about a hundred masochistic hours in it. There is just really fuck all to do.

Fishfinger

Quote from: H-O-W-L on April 27, 2020, 09:29:43 PM
RDR2 online is quite shit, and I say that as someone with about a hundred masochistic hours in it. There is just really fuck all to do.

There's plenty to do if you're new to it, which was the question really.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Fishfinger on April 29, 2020, 02:55:53 AM
There's plenty to do if you're new to it, which was the question really.

Eh. The stuff you do when you're new is basically shitwork to build your grind base. You can't do missions without 3 other players.

Utter Shit

Finally got back into the story over the past month or so after losing interest when it first came out. I know it's something games are doing more nowadays with The Last Of Us most notable, but the moral aspect of the game really makes it hit so much harder. The other day I beat the shite out of some mentally impaired giant, which made me feel like a bit of a cunt, then went to collect a debt off a grieving widow. Awful.

SPOILERS UP TO CHAPTER FOUR AHEAD

Spoiler alert
At times I feel like it's a bit meandering and slow (which I know is at least partly deliberate) but some of the set pieces, like the burning down of the Braithwaite plot and the shootout at the abandoned house are just incredible. Sean getting killed out of the blue was a shocker as well.
[close]

Does anyone know how far into the game I am - I'm at the start of chapter four,
Spoiler alert
having just gone to the party at Angelo Bronte's house.
[close]
According to the game stats I'm only 45% through, but I'm guessing that includes all the side-missions, many of which I've probably missed, and I'm much closer to the end? I haven't wanted to look it up as I'm bound to get spoilers, but it looks like there are six chapters plus two bonus ones - surely I can't only be halfway through?!

JamesTC

Quote from: Utter Shit on September 14, 2020, 10:56:33 AM
Finally got back into the story over the past month or so after losing interest when it first came out. I know it's something games are doing more nowadays with The Last Of Us most notable, but the moral aspect of the game really makes it hit so much harder. The other day I beat the shite out of some mentally impaired giant, which made me feel like a bit of a cunt, then went to collect a debt off a grieving widow. Awful.

SPOILERS UP TO CHAPTER FOUR AHEAD

Spoiler alert
At times I feel like it's a bit meandering and slow (which I know is at least partly deliberate) but some of the set pieces, like the burning down of the Braithwaite plot and the shootout at the abandoned house are just incredible. Sean getting killed out of the blue was a shocker as well.
[close]

Does anyone know how far into the game I am - I'm at the start of chapter four,
Spoiler alert
having just gone to the party at Angelo Bronte's house.
[close]
According to the game stats I'm only 45% through, but I'm guessing that includes all the side-missions, many of which I've probably missed, and I'm much closer to the end? I haven't wanted to look it up as I'm bound to get spoilers, but it looks like there are six chapters plus two bonus ones - surely I can't only be halfway through?!

The two bonus chapters aren't long. You are probably around 60% through the story from memory.

I also lost interest half way through when the Spyro remaster came out. So glad I got back into it a couple of months ago. The last few chapters is probably Rockstar at their very best. The story just keeps on getting better and better.

Utter Shit

Nice one, yeah the story element definitely seems to be picking up pace now, and I'm really interested to see
Spoiler alert
how we escape their current situation, and if we end up somewhere completely different that's not currently on the map. I especially want to see some more cool animals, as much as I love the realness of seeing endless deer and horses, a new setting with new wildlife would be great
[close]

kalowski

Quote from: Utter Shit on September 14, 2020, 12:13:32 PM
Nice one, yeah the story element definitely seems to be picking up pace now, and I'm really interested to see
Spoiler alert
how we escape their current situation, and if we end up somewhere completely different that's not currently on the map. I especially want to see some more cool animals, as much as I love the realness of seeing endless deer and horses, a new setting with new wildlife would be great
[close]
You are going to enjoy where it goes. I'm on a second play through, but not as far as you are now.

H-O-W-L

I would also note that
Spoiler alert
Chapter 5 is not really a chapter per se, it's more a sequence of immediately interconnected missions. It'll feel like it's a large sprawling chapter at the start but there's only really a difference in what mission you do first.
[close]
It goes quite quick.

Utter Shit

Spoiler alert
Just had the Guarma bit, which I guess you were both referring to. Was nice to experience a different setting, but it felt a little wasted - not much chance to explore, hardly any wildlife, the missions could just as easily have happened on the main map.
[close]

Also,

Spoiler alert
Arthur is dying, isn't he. Shit.
[close]